Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > You're My Best Nightmare

22

by Lauren-xo 0 reviews

22

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: G - Genres: Drama - Characters: Gerard Way - Published: 2009-10-24 - Updated: 2009-10-24 - 2397 words - Complete

0Unrated
Katie was still sleeping when we went to see her. We each grabbed a chair and sat around her.

It shocked Mikey and Frank by how much she got beat up.

"Oh my god! Daniel did this?" I nodded.

"I would really appreciate it if you didn't use that bastards name!" A female voice said, we realised that Katie was awake.

I was quick to hold her hand, "Katie." I whispered.

"Hi Gerard. I'm guessing you already told these two about..." She couldn't finish the sentence as she, once again, started crying.

"Ssh sugar, don't cry, you know how much I hate it...yeah I did tell them." I stroked her hand with my thumb.

"We're really sorry Katie, both of you." Frank whispered.

Not long after, Katie stopped crying, and we tried to keep her as happy as we could, talking about things that were in no way associated with what happened today.

It worked. She managed to laugh a little, but sometimes I felt as if it was forced, not that I blame her. I knew the pain she was going through. Not physically, but emotionally.

Then a thought came to mind. She didn't seem to be in pain. Did it hurt when he hit her. I was going to ask when the door slammed shut, revealing a quite unhappy Ali.

"Gerard! What the hell? I come here, go to reception and ask to see Jenny and she says 'room 241. She's with her boyfriend at the moment.' Of course me being a curious person I ask who this boyfriend is and she says 'Gerard Way.'"

"Oh hey Ali, yeah I'm fine by the way I only nearly died today, but okay." Katie said, the words dripping with sarcasm. I could see Mikey and Frank smirking, and I had to hold back a laugh.

"Oh right, yeah, look I know what this must seem to you. But I don't like Jenny like that. She's more of a sister to me. But, I needed to say that for me to be able to go in the ambulance with her."

Ali folded her arms and glared at me, "Why do I feel that I don't believe you? You now what don't answer, I'm going back home. I can't look at you right now!" And she stomped out.

I turned back and looked at everyone, "WHAT THE FUCK!?" I yelled and everyone started laughing, even Katie managed a real laugh.

"Damn she can overreact! I was only telling her the truth...mostly."

"Why what wasn't true?" Mikey dumbly asked.

We kind of stared at him for a while. Even Katie knew which bit wasn't true.

"What!?" Mikey asked. "Which part wasn't true?"

Frank sighed and hit Mikey, "The bit about Gerard only liking Katie as a sister you idiot!"

"Ow!...Oh." And we laughed a little again.

Katie P.O.V Two weeks later...

I finally came home the other day. They wanted to keep me in hospital for me recover fully.

Things had been sorted between me, Gerard and Ali now. Ali knew she overreacted and forgave us. She now knows what Daniel did, but I never told her when I was pregnant, so she never knew I lost it.

When I got home, Gerard came with me, we sorted out my whole apartment and burned anything Daniel had given me.

We also burned my bed...

Things were a little weird between me and Gerard. Everytime we saw each other, it would just remind us of what we lost, and almost every time I would break down. But Gerard was always there to help me pull myself together.

Mikey and Frank have come to see me at least three times a day. It's kind of annoying, but it's nice as well to have friends around when you need them.

But today, I was on my own. Mikey had to work his shift at Barnes and Nobles, and Frank covered for someone else with Mikey. Ali is at Hot Topic today, and it also covering my shift, and I'm pretty sure Gerard is with her.

So I got this morning feeling like crap, as I have done for a while anyway. I had a shower, something to eat, brushed my teeth, and sat on the couch with nothing to do.

Right now I just wanted to die. Not even my friends to heal my pain right now. The only person who could help in anyway, as my mum.

Thinking of my mum, I went to my bedroom and sat at my piano, where the last picture of my mum sat on it.

"I really miss you mum. I need you with me. Now more than ever."

I placed a piece of paper in front of me to play. It was a song I wrote after she died. I don't know why I wrote it, it always reminds me of how she died.

I started to play.

Turn away
If you could get me a drink
Of water 'cause my lips are chapped and faded
Call my Aunt Marie

Help her gather all my things
And bury me in all my favourite colours
My sisters and my brothers still
I will not kiss you
'Cause the hardest part of this is leaving you

Now turn away
'Cause I'm awful just to see
'Cause all my hair's abandoned all my body
Oh my agony

Know that I will never marry
Baby I'm just soggy from the chemo
But counting down the days to go

This just ain't living
And I just hope you know...

That if you say
Goodbye today
I'd ask you to be true

'Cause the hardest part of this is leaving you
'Cause the hardest part of this is leaving you


I finished playing and wiped a tear from my face.

"That was really beautiful." A voice said.

I knew who it was, so I didn't bother looking round, "Thanks. You weren't supposed to hear it. No one is." I had a thing about people hearing or reading what I wrote.

He sat down next to me, and took hold of my hand. "Is that how you're mom died?"

"What?"

"Cancer?" I nodded, still looking down.

"I really need her now. Friends can't help me. I need my mum." He squeezed my hand.

"You know this is hard for me too? It'll be okay though. I promise."

"Don't make promises you can't keep Gerard."

Gerard used his other hand to turn my head so that I was facing him, and quickly pressed his lips to mine.

This time he wasn't the only begging for entrance, it was me. Gerard smirked into the kiss and opened his mouth.

He picked me up bridal style and dropped me on my new bed and he crawled on top of me.

My hands found their way to his usual tangled black hair. His hands were running up my body and into my hair.

But only one hand stayed in my hair. His other hand came down to my neck and I felt him grip tight onto it.

Gerard pulled away from the kiss and looked at my terrified expression with pure anger.

"G-Gerard what're you doing?" I could just about get out.

"Revenge. You never wanted that baby with me. You knew what you were doing in making Daniel angry that day. You're against abortion so you settled with the next best thing. You wanted him to kill our baby. You took that away from me, so I'll take your life away from you."

He pecked my lips once more and his grip on my neck tightened.

I couldn't talk, I couldn't breath. I was petrified of him. How could he be doing this to me?

I was only going to live for as long as I could hold my breath for. Tears were falling fast, and I noticed Gerard's face expression change.

He eventually let go of me, looked me up and down, and ran out, leaving me shocked, confused, angry and upset.

Everything was going so well. What happened?

I haven't left the house since that day.

It's been over a month now, and I haven't left my apartment for anything. I've had to get Mikey and Frank to go shopping for me and bring it round to me.

They were always asking what was wrong, but I never told them. I didn't want any more fighting, I didn't want any more tears. I just wanted it to stop.

He has been to see me once though. He didn't sneak in like he normally does, he knocked on my door and tried to apologise, but I never believed him.

I couldn't trust him anymore. He had scared me more than he had ever done before. He tried to take my life from me.

He had told me he never meant to hurt me, that he was upset about our baby, he took it out on me in the wrong way.

In a way I believe that. But I don't know. He knows he did wrong but...I just can't trust him ever again.

Within the last month, I've been searching for someone. Someone who is most likely to know, in a way, what I've been going through.

It didn't really take me long to find her. I knew her first name, I thank Mikey for that, and knew she stayed in a hospital in New Jersey.

The type of hospital she stayed in, well there is only one of them in Belleville, so I figured she must have stayed there.

I rang there to find where she was living now. She's not in Utah anymore, she's in Orlando, Florida and had been for ten years.

I managed to contact her, using Jenny's identity though.

When I called her, I didn't even say hello, I just said my name was Jennifer Tyler, gave her my address and said it concerned a man by the name Gerard Way. After a long silence she said she'd be here Saturday.

That day had come fast, seeing as it was two days ago I made the phone call.

You maybe confused about who this mystery woman is.

I'll help you out a little bit.

Do you remember a while back now, it was when I found out it was Gerard who raped me the first time.

Well, he told me about another girl he liked, and he drove her crazy, literally.

"Have you done this to someone else before?"


"Well yeah, and no. The last girl I really liked, didn't like me back. I was only 15 at the time. I never raped her, but I did hurt her. Not physically, but mentally. I drove her crazy. She was in the crazy house for three years. As far as I know, she's living her life in Utah."


"And...you never thought of going after her?" I had to keep him talking. I didn't want him to touch me ever again. I need him to talk while I think of a way out of here.


"No. After three years I forgot about her, until the doctor called to tell me she was out. But I had other things on my mind. Oh and I know what you're doing, and there is no way outta here." Damn you Gerard Way!

Tina Phillips her name is. 29 years old now. I wanted to know what he had done to her, and in return tell her about me, the real me.

"Is this why you wanted me to stay away from him?" I had tears now. I can't not cry to save my life I swear.


"Sort of. Not quite like that. Look after what happened to Tina --"


"Is Tina the 'crazy' girl he put in the house?"


"Yeah, he's told you about her?" I nodded.


"Yeah, anyway, after what happened to Tina, I didn't want him dating. I was scared he was going to do it again. Me and Frank are the only ones who know what really happened. Everyone else thought she was crazy, well Tina knew she wasn't crazy."

These memories were coming back to me. Memories I wanted to forget, but kind of glad I hadn't, otherwise I would never have called Tina.

There was a knock on the door. I nervously walked to it.

"Who is it?" I timidly asked.

"Tina. Jenny is that you?" I opened the door and saw a young looking woman who looked for 19 than 29. She had deep brown hair tied up in a ponytail.

Her skin was fairly pale, but not too much. Her eyes were a glistening greyish blue colour. She seemed about as tall as Frank, maybe a little smaller. Her style in clothes were more or less the same as mine.

"C-come in." I said and I made us some coffee.

"So, tell me who you really are?" She asked as I placed the coffee mug in front of her.

I looked at her in confusion, "I don't understand..."

She smiled, "Your American accent is good, but I know it's fake. I know you're scared, but you can trust me."

So I spilled everything out to her, from when my mum told me about moving to today. I'll admit there were tears, from both of us. It was really hard having to talk about my mums death, and the loss of my unborn baby. But, I really felt better having told her.

"Don't worry about a thing Katie. I'm here now and I don't plan on going anywhere soon. I totally understand why you can't tell Mikey and Frank about him nearly killing you. Oh honey, I'm really sorry to have to tell you this, but I don't think he loves you, and was messing with you to make you fall for him, which is what nearly happened. But I'm not going to know for sure until I see him, and I'm making you come with me."

I shook my head, "I can't see him Tina, I'm too scared."

"Like I said, I'll be with you the whole time, don't worry. After all that he did to me, it'll be a shock for him to see me."

So it was decided that we would go to Mikey and Frank's house, where I knew for a fact that Gerard would be there...with Ali of course.
Sign up to rate and review this story