Categories > Original > Drama > The Broken Minor

Hear Me Now

by ItIsFin 0 reviews

Category: Drama - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Romance - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2009-10-27 - Updated: 2009-10-27 - 1517 words

0Unrated
I felt cold hands on my forehead as I was laying down on my bed.

"Larry what the hell are you doing?" I moaned.

"I think you are sick my friend" He replied with his hand still resting on my forehead.

"And that is why?" I ask.

"You are not taking photographs" He tells me with a laugh; that cute but deep laugh that I realise I am starting to love.

"I'm just a bit tired"

"Come on, get up! I'm going to kick your ass at Dead or Alive!"

"Oh no you don't!" I jump of my bed over to my Xbox.

We played Xbox, ate some food and even read some books, Larry insisted.

"I know! Twenty questions, we shall play twenty questions" I jumped up and down, hyper from the coke.

"Okay what is your all around favourite band?" I asked Larry.

"Children of Bodom, you?"

"Escape The Fate"

"Hmm... what is your favourite type of shoe?" I asked Larry, unable to think of any other questions.

"DCs by far"

"Ever been in love?" Larry asked me, staring hard making eye contact.

"No, I haven't, I don't believe in love anyway" I shrugged, "have you?"

"Of course not, we're both to young for love anyway, I think, in my opinion, you don't find love until you're sixty, married and have grandchildren!" Larry smiled.

"I guess so - "

"Slash! Food's ready!" My mother cut me off.

"Right let's go eat" Larry gripped me by the hand and pulled me out onto my landing and down my stairs.

"You big pie" I muttered.

We went down stairs - without any injury I must add and sat in my living - room eating in peace and quite until my mother and father decided to come in and attempt conversation.

"Well boys, up for watching some football?" My father asked eagerly, I groaned, football bored the crap out of me.
But much to my fathers delight, Larry accepted.

They screamed and cheered and banged tables the whole way through the match while I sat there nibbling a piece of bread.

"Umm, Lar can we go back up stairs now?" I gave him pleading eyes.

He gave me a nod and followed me up the stairs.

"Take it you like football then?" I asked laying down on my bed as usual.

"Yeah I do, I was brought up in a pretty athletic family" He said and sat down on my bed facing me, I crawled up beside him and put my head on his shoulder, he took my face level to his and kissed my forehead, I returned the favour and kissed him back.

I fell asleep like that on Larry and woke up the same way. I looked at my clock hanging above my T.V. and saw that it was twenty minutes past nine. I looked at Larry he was still sleeping so I needn't wake him up.
I began to panic, I stared at Larry, it just felt as if I wasn't that interested in guys nor girls. What the hell am I interested in? Maybe my dad was right; I don't want to hurt Larry, he is such a nice person.
I removed myself from Larry's grip and put on clean clothes while I awaited for him to awake. I sat thinking and staring at Larry, I like him, alot. But, well I'm not sure. Time, all I need is time.

Larry started stirring in his sleep until his eyes flickered open.

"Oh...How long have you been awake?" Larry asked, sitting up.

"Not long, just about an hour or so" I said staring at him, harder than before.

"Slash are you okay?" Larry asked me, leaning closer.

"Yeah, I'm...fine, fine" I fake a smile.

Larry looked at me, eyeing me closely.

"You sure?" he asked me again.

"Fine" I said once more and got up.

"Where are you going?" Larry asked me, a look of concern on his face.

"Just to the bathroom, I'll be back in two minutes" I told him.

I came back and saw that Larry had changed into clean clothes and was reading a book.

"What book are you reading?" I asked him, he didn't look up.

"Crime and Punishment by Fyodor Dostoyevsky" Larry answered me stiffly.

"What is wrong with you Larry?" I asked, sitting down infront of him on the floor.

"It has nothing to do with me! It's you! What did I do wrong Slash? What?" Larry shouted, looking at my bedroom floor, regretful.

"Me?"

"Yes, aren't I good enough? I don't understand, you always seem so spaced out" Larry rose his head and stared at me.

"No, no you are good enough Well, Larry, you're the first sorta guy I've ever went out with and I don't really know if I'm interested in guys" I looked away noticing pain flickering across his eyes.

"That's, that's fine I guess" He squeaked, taking my hands and pulling me into a hug.

"I'm sorry" I whispered.

"Don't be Slash, don't be" Larry told me, leaning closer and joining his lips to mine.




This is going to be a long day I thought to myself.

Larry left later on that day hardly without a word.
I began to pack my bag for school the next day, hell I don't even know if I have any classes with him.
I've never actaully noticed if he is in my form class. I never even noticed him until Drake asked me to go with him.

I took out my mobile and phoned Drake.

Ring, ring

"Drake?" I said when he picked up his phone.

"Yeah?" He yawned into the phone.

"Why have I never noticed Larry? Like ever, wait - does he even go to our school?"

"I'm not sure if he goes to our school, he's Joseph's cousin who just moved here from Seattle, don't you know this shit dude?"

"No...He didn't tell me actually, well I'm going to text him anyway and who the hell is Joseph?...Anyway I'm going. Bye!" And I hung up the phone with a click/.]

[/Lar dude, why didnt u tell me u wre from Seattle?
I text Larry.

Just didnt see th point He text me back.

uh well u cud of told meh i didnt even knw if i knew u be4

oh well. He seemed in a bad mood.

wht is wrong wif u? N are u going 2 my school then?

nothing is rong Stephen. Idk I'm going 2 St Helena's is dat ur skewl?

well then Larry. Yeah it is my school! Woooot! :D

yh ryt ok, I G2G bye x

I saw no point in texting him back but I just cannot believe he didn't tell me this.
I feel so stupid.

I sat down on my chair at my desk, frustrated. I put my head in my hands and leaned on my desk. I've been feeling quite weird these past couple of weeks and I have no idea why. I could go from these extreme highs then down to feeling completely and utterly crap. Larry isn't helping either, I thought I worked out what sort of gender I liked.
Until he came and fucked that up. And then one minute he is fine and then gets all worked up and annoyed. I let a tear slip down my cheek and fall onto my jeans; I don't even know what is wrong with me. I felt like shit, I felt like I did those years ago.
I pulled the elastic band on my left wrist and then ran down my stairs into my living-room, I pulled the elastic band again and again until my dad came in and stared at me.

"Surely not this again Stephen" My father shook his head.

"What is it?..." My mother trailed off as she came walking in from the kitchen, looking at me.
I rubbed my wrist which was now red from the marks the rubber band left me with.

"I just felt crap again, I'm okay now I guess" I told them both, looking at my shoes.

"You guess! Stephen you can't do this to us again!" My mother said angrily, grabbing me by the shoulders and shaking me, back and fourth roughly, "You can't Stephen you can't!" She cried.

My father came and pulled my mother away from me, hugging her.
"Stephen, go to your room. Now." My dad said sternly.

I ran up to my room and took out my phone again to try and phone Larry.

"Damn it! Answer!" I shouted.

There was no answer so I decided to phone Drake.

"Well somebody seems to be on a roll" Drake laughed, soothing me a little.

"Drake can you come over, please" I said, sniffing.

"Dude are you okay?" He asked me sounding concerned.

"I just need you to come over Drake please" I begged.

"Yeah, I will now. See you in two man" and he then hung up.

I crawled onto my bed and under my blankets crying to myself waiting for Drake to come over, feeling utterly pathetic.
Sign up to rate and review this story