Categories > Anime/Manga > Gravitation > Euphoria

Everyone

by Noizchild 0 reviews

Series 1 finale.

Category: Gravitation - Rating: R - Genres: Angst,Drama,Humor - Characters: Shuichi - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2009-11-06 - Updated: 2009-11-07 - 5816 words - Complete

0Unrated
Key Notes:
“Text”= Japanese talking
“+American English talking+”
“/British English talking/”
“#Australian English talking#”
Deep red-chestnut brown eyes closed in sleep. Arisu woke up in her clinic bed all alone when the sun rose. Her roommate lied asleep in the other bed on the other side of the room. Sid lied awake in his bed with the photo of Arisu that Shuichi had taken months ago lying on his chest. Once again, he had messed up with his dream girl. Casper turned over in her bed asleep. The cold pillow next to her just didn’t right anymore. At his bedroom window, Simon looked at a picture of his ex girl in her bikini on the beach two years ago. He missed her badly. Outside, Bill and Katie were taking Darcy to her private school. They still didn’t trust him that much with her. Emma lie asleep in Ken-san’s bed. Ken-san himself sat on his bed feeling guilty. His affair with the Aussie had gone on for months now. This had got to stop. Ando deeply slept in his bed. He was off in a good dream land.
“Mmmm,” he mumbled in his sleep. “Do that again!” The picture of Sopheap with her sickle rested on his chest. Suddenly, the phone rang. He slowly awoke and answered it.
“Hey Shuichi,” he answered.
“Happy birthday, Ando,” the vocalist replied in bed.
“You f**d up my dream, Shuich,” his former friend said.
“What was it?” Shuichi asked.
“Ah, the usual,” Ando answered. “Cambodian virgins.” He looked at the photo next to him.
“Good Buddhist boys don’t dream about virgins,” the vocalist pointed out.
“Yeah?” Ando asked. “Well, that’s where you’re wrong, Shuich. That’s all we dream of!” Silence came between the boys. The mood became serious. Ando just had to ask. “Will you come to my birthday party, Shuich?” he asked. The vocalist sighed.
“Did you tell your mom and grandfather about Yuki and I?” he asked. Ando sighed. They just couldn’t avoid the big white elephant.
“I don’t know!” he expressed in that tone.
“I can’t come unless you tell them, An!” Shuichi replied.
“Shuichi, it won’t be right if you don’t turn up to my birthday party!” Ando argued.
“Sixteen, really?” his friend asked. “This is the year of telling the truth. The truth, yes Ando?” He hung up the phone. Ando hung up the phone and lied back in defeat. This was stupid now. Why couldn’t they just end it and be done with it already? Just didn’t make sense. Ando climbed out of bed naked and walked over to the window. He stretched out some. Finally, his mom and brothers all rushed into his bedroom unannounced.
“Happy birthday!!!” they all yelled to him. Ando screamed as he tried to cover himself. The mom and brothers screamed out too. Ando grabbed the curtain and covered his lower part up.
“Mom, get out!!!” he yelled. The shouting, laughter, and chatter really fired up.
“It’s tiny!” one of the brothers remarked. They all hurried out laughing and chattering.
“Get out!” their mom yelled as she shoved them out. She turned back to her son! She screamed out again. Ando looked on shocked.
“Mom!” he yelled.
“A respectful boy at least wears something in bed!” she snapped as she threw a pair of boxers at him. Ando looked on at her in shock. His mom’s face softened.
“Happy birthday, Ando-kun!” she said as she pinched him on the cheek.
“I’m sixteen, I’m not a –kun anymore!” he protested.
“So it would seem,” his mom said as she walked out of the room. “Now hurry up! Everyone’s waiting downstairs for you!” Ando sighed as he shook his head and pressed his face against the window.
Subject: Everyone
Sid stood at his window in his boxers looking out. He was thinking about Arisu again. It became official. He just had to tell her how he felt. He turned around to his desk. The dullard sat down and picked up a pen and a notepad. He just right to work. “/Dear Arisu,/” Sid said as he began writing. No good, so he balled it up and threw it away. He started again.
“Hi Arisu,” the dullard said aloud on attempt two. No good there either. The note got balled up and thrown away. Take three. “/Hey Arisu,/” he said out loud. That didn’t work. “/Bollocks!/” Sid yelled as he threw that one away. He took a moment to think about it. Then, the boy got to work once again.
“/Arisu,/” he began a fourth time.
“Dear Sid,” Arisu began writing with her own letter. “It isn’t easy to tell you this, so that’s why I’m writing. Don’t try to call me, because you’re not allowed to here. Anyway, I don’t want to speak to you and there is nothing you can say to change this.”
“/I’m shite with words,/” Sid wrote on. “/Everything always comes out so… crap. But, I’ve been doing some thinking and everything is getting clearer./”
“My brother, Jin, thinks that things aren’t working out, so mom and I are going to Ulan Bator for the summer,” Arisu wrote on. “It’s in Mongolia. And everyone’s happy there.”
“/The thing is, Ari,/” Sid wrote on. “/I’ve woken up this morning and the sun’s shining through the window and it’s making me think of you! Arisu, it’s not right of you to be hiding away in that clinic. You’ve got to get out in the world./”
“They’re coming for me tonight,” Arisu wrote on. “And then, I’ll be gone and we won’t have to play this silly game anymore!”
“/Arisu, I don’t care if you think you’re a reject,/” Sid wrote on. “/Because I feel like singing when I see you. You’re beautiful and I’ve been such a f***g chapstick these past few weeks. I know I want is sit on top of Tokyo Tower and hold you and tell you how wonderful you are and stick my hand down your knickers!/” He paused for a moment and crossed the knickers bit out. “/No!/” Sid said quickly. “/Jesus!/” He began writing once more. “/And…/” he said.
“And I wanted you to know that I really liked you, Sid,” Arisu wrote on.
“/And…/” Sid mumbled.
“And it’s too late now,” Arisu began to finished up. “Goodbye.”
“/I love you,/” Sid said out loud. He quickly got up and got dressed for his little love quest. “/For f**k sake,/” he mumbled to himself in the process. Arisu read on at her note while her roommate drink her word. Every word on the paper hurt. Sid rushed out the door and realized he forgot the note. Oh well, couldn’t worry about that now. He hurried out the gate and ran down the street to his muse. His shoes were mismatched, but he didn’t care. The dullard had a quest to complete.
At Ken-san’s apartment, the doorbell rang. Emma slowly woke up. “#Ken,#” she said. “#There’s someone at your door.#” The sensei looked up at her.
“Yeah,” he said quickly. He turned back to the window as the doorbell rang.
“#Ken,#” Emma spoke again. “#Are you ashamed of me?#”
“Of course I’m f***g ashamed of you!” he replied.
“#Pussy!#” Emma replied. “#Right, I’ll just see whatever it is!#” She leapt right out of bed.
“No!” Ken-san replied. His girlfriend turned around to him. “Just stay there! For Christ sakes!” Emma watched as he walked out of the room. The Aussie shrugged at that one. Ken-san opened the door. He looked on in surprise.
“Oh Christ!” he said shocked. A buxom Japanese woman with flowers in her hand turned around to her. She grinned at him like a hyena.
“Kenisuke!” she replied. Ken-san stared blankly at her. This was the last person on the person he had ever expected to see.
“Yuko?” he asked. “When did you get back?”
“Now!” the woman replied.
“Yuko-chan,” the sensei spoke up. “You can’t just do this! We need to talk!” The woman walked closer and kissed him on the lips.
“Kenisuke, you know you miss me!” she said.
“This isn’t fair!” the man protested. Yuko looked on at him confused.
“Where’s the ring I gave you?” she asked.
“I threw it in the f***g harbor, okay?” Ken-san snapped. Yuko looked on slightly disappointed.
“#Ken-san!#” Emma spoke up as she walked down the stairs. The former couple looked up at her.
“#What ring?#” the Aussie asked. She stared at the woman confused.
Ando walked down the stairs at his house. He could hear his family fussing in the kitchen. He sighed as he kept on walking. The front door closed. The boy looked up and saw an old man hanging up his jacket. He turned to the boy and looked at him.
“Where were you?” he asked.
“Sorry,” Ando replied. “Slept in.”
“Slept in?” the old man asked. “You explain yourself with an excuse like that?”
“Grandfather,” Ando defended himself. “It’s my birthday!” The old man walked on. Ando turned to him.
“Aren’t you going to say hello?” he asked. The man turned around to him on the stairs.
“I’m been at the stalls since three o’clock yesterday,” he replied. “Fifty two customers, not that you care!” Ando rolled his eyes and sighed a bit.
“It’s a stupid fuss over a birthday party!” the old man went on. “Does it give respect to Buddha? Does it promote peace?”
“No grandfather,” the boy replied.
“Does it help the poor? It’s a front!” the old man finished.
“So why do we have to do it anyway?” Ando challenged. “I don’t even want a party!”
“Because, I love that woman like my own late son! More than these legs I drag myself on.” the old man reasoned. “And whatever she wants, she gets. Already?” Ando looked down at his feet some.
“Shuichi here yet?” his grandfather asked. Ando looked up at him some.
“Um… no…” he said.
“We don’t see him these days,” the man replied. Ando looked over at him.
“We had a fight,” he said.
“A fight?” the grandfather asked. “You fight with your friends?” His grandson looked away again.
“Yeah,” he mumbled.
“What would you fight Shuichi about?” the old man demanded. “He’s a good boy! Knows what he wants in life, energetic, well-respectful, the best kind!” Ando sighed as he shook his head.
“Never mind,” he replied.
“Whatever it is,” the old man went on. “Forgive him and don’t be an idiot. Now tell them I’m sleeping, okay?” The old man went up the stairs. Ando sighed as he went into the kitchen. He opened the door and went inside. Everyone was talking and working hard.
“Auntie, can I have one?” one of the younger cousin asked Ando’s mom.
“No, you can’t! Now get out of my kitchen!” she snapped. Ando walked in further. His mother ranted on and on about the cousin. But then, she turned and saw her baby. Everyone squealed out in joy.
“There he is!” she called.
“Happy birthday!” everyone yelled at him. One of his aunt rushed forward to him.
“Hi aunt Ruka!” he mumbled to her. She kissed him and patted him on the cheeks.
“Aw, he’s got a mustache!” she announced. “Ando-kun’s a got a mustache!”
“I know Ando-kun’s got a mustache!” his oldest brother shouted back as he waved his pinky in the air. The men all laughed at that one. His mother stared on at him.
“Why aren’t you saying hello to auntie Chiyo and uncle Kazuma?” she demanded.
“Sorry,” he mumbled.
“+Whazz up!+” Kazuma yelled at his nephew.
“They came all the way from Washington D.C. and they don’t even get a hello?!?” Ando’s mother said. The boy looked a little nervous.
“Hello Uncle Kazuma,” he said to the uncle.
“Ando!” he said out loud as he walked over to his nephew. “So, twenty at last, huh?” The boy looked at him confused.
“Nah,” his nephew replied. “Nah, I’m sixteen.” Kazuma stared at him disappointed.
“What?!?” he asked. “He’s sixteen?!?”
“Yes,” the boy’s mother responded. “What’s the problem?”
“You drag me here, all this way—I paid money to ride the Bullet train! Money! Just to ride the train to come to a sixteenth birthday party?!? Huh?!?” Kazuma ranted. Awkward silence all around the kitchen. Ando swallowed hard. Kazuma burst out into laughter. Everyone laughed along with him.
“Got you!” the uncle boomed. “I had you going, didn’t I? Didn’t I?” He shook the boy around by the shoulder.
“That’s so funny!” the mother said playfully hitting Kazuma on the shoulder. “That’s so funny, big brother!” The rest of the family got lost in the laughter. Ando rolled his eyes to himself.
“Every f***g year!” he mumbled to himself. Then, he walked out of the kitchen.
Meanwhile, back in the clinic, Arisu and her roommate were playing mahjong. Her roommate had won once again. Arisu stared on amazed.
“You’re just too good,” she muttered to her.
“Of course!” the roommate chirped. “I had to do something to stay away from the meth.” The girls sat in silence. Arisu’s roommate watched her.
“When is your brother coming?” she asked.
“Later,” Arisu replied as she looked down at the table. “He packed up everything already,” she went on. “Even momma’s empty liquor bottles.”
“Bummer,” the other girl replied. Arisu turned to her.
“You want to get out of here?” she asked out of the blue.
“Huh?” the other girl asked.
“Let’s go!” Arisu pressed. Her roommate giggled a bit.
“Uh… we’re not allowed!” she replied.
“Come on!” her friend pushed. “I want one last look before the summer comes!” The roommate shrugged a bit.
“What if we have craving for more drugs?” she asked. “There’s… There’s meth out there, you know?”
“Come on!” Arisu insisted. The other girl looked at her reluctantly.
“Huh?” she asked at last.
“It’s easy!” the first mental girl chirped. She leapt up out of her seat. Her roommate followed behind. They walked over to the front desk. Arisu smiled at the receptionist.
“We’re just getting a breath of fresh air,” she lied. “My friend thinks she wants to puke!” Her roommate pretended to be sick.
“Go!” the receptionist said quickly. “For crap’s sakes, go!” The girls hurried all the way outside. They made it to the taxi and climbed inside. The plan was a success. The taxi sped away as Sid raced up to the clinic building. He raced up to the main doors. The dullard pressed the call button.
“/Hello?/” he shouted into the speaker.
“Boko Mental Institution and Rehabilitation center,” the reception said on the other line.
“/Can you help me?/” Sid asked. “/I really, really need to come in! I know you don’t like it, but I need to come in! Okay?/” Inside the lobby, Sid said waiting. This place looked more like a museum than a clinic. Sid didn’t care. He just came to see his beloved Arisu. A nurse walked by him in the waiting room. She paused when she saw the dullard.
“Hello,” she greeted him. “How my I help you?” Sid stood up right away.
“/Yes, yes,/” he said. “/I need to see someone! It’s very important! There’s something I’ve got to get off of my chest and if I don’t, then I’m afraid that everything will totally go to shit!” The nurse looked on at him as he spoke.
“Right…” she said listening.
“/I’ve got something going on,/” Sid pressed on. “/And… I need to see someone. I’ve got something going on in here!/” He accidently patted Scooby-Doo on his shirt when he was touching his heart.
“Scooby Dooby Doo!” the shirt yelled. That only confirmed the nurse’s initial thought about the boy: he was just another loony that needed help.
“Okay…” she replied. “Let’s see if we can fix you up, shall we? Just you wait right there.” She handed away down the hall.
“/Aw, thanks!/” Sid said loudly. “/I don’t know what this means, but…/” Two large men all dressed in white came along and grabbed him by the arms. Sid looked around confused.
“/What?/” he asked. “/What’s going on? What are you doing? Let go of me! Come on! You don’t understand! ARISU!!!!/” The men hauled him away and locked him up in a white, padded cell. The dullard looked out of the narrow window still lost about what’s going on.
“/Hey!/” Sid yelled. “/I’m not mad for f**k sake! I’m fine! I’m fine!/” The doctor closed up the window. Meanwhile, Emma stood outside of Ken-san’s apartment having a smoke. She had just come to a bitter reality. Ken-san’s former finacee had returned and now she wanted what she thought was hers. Emma would not stand for this. No way, no how! Just thinking about it made her want to light up. She dug down deep into her jeans pocket and pulled out her lighter. The Aussie tried to light out with no success. The darn thing just wouldn’t light up. Even shaking the lighter didn’t work. Emma threw down the lighter in frustration.
“#For f**k sake!#” she shouted. Ken-san looked out the window at her. He opened up the ring box and took out the promise ring. It still looked as charming as the day he bought it with Yuko. He had a tough choice to make. Get back with the woman who left him or stay with the girl that he is ashamed to be with. Such a touch call to make. Ken-san looked out the window and saw Yuko heading over to Emma. Worried, the teacher picked up his cell phone and dialed his lover. Emma picked up the phone immediately.
“#What?#” she asked.
“Leave her alone!” Ken said quickly. Emma took offensive at that.
“#What the f*k Ken?!?#” she screamed. “#What the f*K?!?” She hung up her phone and stormed over to the other woman. Ken-san looked down at his feet in guilt. This would not go well at all. Emma trailed after Yuko as she walked down the street.
“#Hey!#” the Aussie shouted. “#Hey I wanna talk to you!#” Yuko didn’t stop and turn around.
“Talk away, hon!” she said without a care in the world. Emma caught up with her on the street.
“#Wha- Aren’t you going to tell me who the f**k you are?!?#” she shouted.
“I’m the finacee!” Yuko said proudly. Emma shook her head in disbelief.
“#Ha! No you’re not!#” she snapped.
“Yes, I am!” Yuko insisted. Emma shook her head again.
“#Since when?!?#” she barked.
“Since I asked him to marry me!” the older woman said confidentially. The Aussie didn’t know what to say at first. Her words came out all jumbled up.
“#Where the f**k did you come from?!?#” she shouted. Yuko stopped dead in her tracks and turned around.
“I’m Yuko, he gave me, I’m the love of his life, and I’m back!” she summed up. “Oh you don’t stand chance, bitch! Not even with that beautiful little crotch of yours!” Emma stared on in silence as she watched Yuko walk away down the street.
“#Wha- He… He told you?!?#” she asked.
“He tells me everything, girl!” Yuko shouted. “I can see into his soul. Now, do us a favor and disappear, okay?” Emma ran up to the other woman.
“#No, no!#” Emma protested. “#He can see into my soul!#” Yuko looked at her as if the girl had lost her mind.
“How old are you?” she asked.
“#Seventeen,#” Emma replied.
“You haven’t got a soul yet!” Yuko snapped. “And with any luck, you haven’t got crabs either! Quit while you’re ahead! And with that I bid you, sayonara!” Yuko walked away while Emma stared on in silence. She felt as if she had been bitch-slapped as her rival got into her car and drove off.
Darcy stared out at the view of the city on a park bench. Casper walked over and joined her. She turned to her little friend.
“/Hi Darcy,/” the hippie said. Darcy didn’t speak. Casper got set up a bit in her place.
“/You’re bro just called me,/” she said. “/We’re not speaking./” Darcy still said nothing. The hippie looked over at her.
“/I heard things got a bit out of control last week,/” Casper spoke. “/You feeling better?/” The young girl didn’t speak. Casper giggled a bit.
“/Is that why they sent you to a posh school?/” the hippie asked. “/You think that’ll sort you out?/” Darcy still didn’t talk. She did smile a bit. Casper laughed at the thought of Darcy turning into an angel. She went quiet and looked out at the view.
“/School on a Saturday?/” the hippie asked. “/Hardcore./” Silence still lingered on. Casper looked over at her young friend.
“/Why don’t you speak, Darcy?/” she asked. “/Doesn’t anyone ask you why? It must mean something?/” The younger sister turned to Casper and said nothing. The hippie looked at her.
“/Doesn’t anybody care?/” she asked. Darcy still didn’t answer. Casper looked away at the ground.
“/Simon really hurt me, Darcy,/” she mumbled. “/Why did he do that? Sometimes I think you are the only person in the world that Simon truly cares about. I thought maybe… Maybe he told you why he did that./” Darcy shook her head. Casper sighed.
“/If I trust him to tell the truth just once,/” the hippie went on. “/Then maybe I could…/” She went quiet at that thought. She sighed again. What would be the point? She turned to Darcy.
“/It was nice seeing you, Darcy,/” the hippie said. “/I’m glad you’re okay./” She gave the girl a light hug.
Simon watched his former bird on camera, Casper kissed at the lens. “/I love you, Si!/” she said.
“/You’re cute!/” Simon said to her. “/You’re going to be on Love Attack! next!/”
“/No!/” she said quickly. “/If you do that, I’ll kill you!/”
“/Yes, you are!/” Simon told her. “/You’re going to be famous! You’re going to be really famous!/”
“/But if you want to be famous, you have to have huge boobs and blonde hair,/” Casper reasoned with the hand motions. “/And I don’t have neither./” She smiled at him in a cute way. “/You like me like that, huh?/” the hippie asked.
“/I love you like that,/” Simon told her. His bird giggled at her him again.
“/You know what you should do,/” he suggested. “/You should do something wacky!/” Casper leaned in close in a cute way.
“/What?/” Simon asked.
“/Come to bed with me,/” Casper spoke in a flirty way. “/Please?/” Simon lowered the camera in defeat as the fun went on inside. Boy, did he screw up this time! He had to try and make it right. The charming bastard picked up his phone and began to dial her again. He waited while the other line rang.
“/Answer,/” he mumbled to the phone. “/You know you want to./”
“/Hi this is Casper, leave a message,/” the voice mail said. “/Except for Simon, you can just f**k off!/” The other line beeped. Simon drew in a deep breath to fight back the tears.
“/Please,/” he mumbled on the phone. Then, he hung up. The jerk began to cry. Boy, he really screwed up this time!
Night fell. Ando and his family were holding the birthday party downtown in the community center. Shuichi stood outside watching. He looked on at the big “Happy Birthday Ando” on the front door. It hurt him so badly inside of his heart. He wanted to be with Ando on his sixteenth birthday party. However, that damn elephant stood between them. Until they could deal with it, Shuichi could only watch on the outside.
A ‘10 Toyota van pulled up to the Community Center. Ando and his family all climbed out of the vehicle. His mother hurried all of his brothers into the building.
“Go!” she yelled. “Go step up all of the table and everything! Some of family will be late, I know!” Shuichi watched on at them all. Ando trailed behind looking around. Inside, the party had just started. Ando looked at the dancing crowd. Everything just looked so boring. Some of the people were getting food and socializing. Even his older sister, Katsuko, was acting well-behaved tonight. This party was turning out to be a dud already. Over in the corner, his brothers were laughing at a card that they had in their hands. Their mother came over to them as the record scratched.
“What are you all laughing about?” she asked. The woman took the card and read it. Ando looked up at the DJ booth. The DJ and Kazuma were messing with the equipment. His uncle smacked the DJ in the head. The birthday boy looked up bored. “Ando, you naughty boy,” his mother read. “I want to spank your…” She looked up offended.
“Who wrote this?” the woman snapped. “Who wrote that?” Ando turned around to mom and grandfather.
“Mom, why does Uncle Kazuma have to do the DJ booth again?” he complained. The parent and grandparent stared at him.
“Why on earth not?” his mother asked.
“It’s… just… mom please!” the birthday boy pleaded. The woman turned to her father-in-law.
“Are you hearing this?” she asked. “He doesn’t want big brother’s own gift of music!”
“Do what your mother says, you ungrateful wretch!” the older man said.
“But grandpa…” Ando started.
“Your uncle knows what’s respectable!” his grandfather argued.
“Grandpa!” Ando shot back.
“You’re foreigner friends have no restraint,” the old man added. “They don’t wear enough clothes, drink shout, fornicate, they puke in the back of stalls!” Ando looked at his brothers. The youngest of the older three nodded at him.
“We have proper tune for music,” the grandfather added on. “So the foreigners don’t burn the place down and have me arrested! That’s why your mother is right in all things! Now say no more about it.” Ando’s mother nodded at him. Ando tried to argue again.
“No more,” the grandfather said. The mother looked at her son smiling.
“Thank you, father!” she said. “Thank you very much!” She turned to her other sons.
“Come on, you three!” she said. The men all began stuttering out in protest.
“Is the meal going to do itself?” the woman questioned. They all walked to the back kitchen. The grandfather turned back to the DJ booth. Kazuma danced around on stage like an idiot. The old shook his head to himself.
“Kazuma is an asshole,” he mumbled. Ando looked at him confused.
“W-What did you just…” he began to ask.
“A complete asshole,” the old man added on. “At least he can’t grope the women up there!” The microphone screeched over the air. The grandfather turned and looked up.
“Casper! Fujisaki!” he cheered as two of Ando’s friends entered the room.
“/Hello Inoue- san,/” Casper greeted as they all bowed. Inoue-san looked at the hippie and the keyboardist’s clothes.
“Ah and nicely dressed too,” he said. “You see, respectful. You know, I keep asking Ando when Shuichi coming.” Casper and Fujisaki looked at each other nervously.
“He says that they fought, I said why would anyone fight a boy like Shuichi?” the grandfather went on. Ando shook his head nervously mouthing “no” at them. Casper and Fujisaki looked at Ando.
“Well…” Fujisaki began.
“I never see Shuichi, you know,” the grandfather spoke again. “He was such a wonderful singer. What a voice, huh? Superb! Soul-lifting!”
“Hm, yeah, we know,” Fujisaki answered.
“Anyway,” Inoue-san said. “Have some fun.” They he headed anyway to the other party guests. Ando turned back to his friends. They looked at him blankly for a moment. Then, Casper and Fujisaki smiled and hurried off to enjoy themselves. Kazuma scratched the records again. Ando looked at his uncle dancing around like an idiot in the booth bored. This would be a long night!
The car from the clinic pulled up onto the city street. The driver stopped the car. Arisu and her roommate looked out the window. They were right in front of Sid’s house. Neither one knew what to say at first. Arisu turned to the other girl.
“I won’t be long,” she said.
“Okay,” the other girl said softly. “Cool, but hurry back in case you want to get high again.” She unlocked the door and Arisu climbed out. She walked up to her crush’s door. She rang the doorbell. The lights turned on inside and the door opened.
“/Oh hi Arisu,/” Matilda said. “Come in!” The Goth-looking Japanese girl walked inside. She closed the door behind her.
“/Sid’s not here,/” Matilda told her.
“I know,” Arisu replied. She made it into his room and sat down on the bed. The poor soul seemed to still have feelings for the dullard. She took the note out and looked for a place to put it. Arisu laid her head down onto Sid’s pillow. How she just wished to be so close to him. Just once she wanted him to see her and not Casper. It was too late now. It was just too late.
“Bye,” she whispered to the pillow. She slowly got up off the bed. Arisu left the note on his pillow and left the room. Too bad she didn’t see the note he had written for her.
Speaking of Sid, he still stood in that padded room of his. He still couldn’t leave. It all just sucked for him at the moment. Emma used her school id to break into Ken-san’s apartment. She sat down onto the couch that she sometimes shared with her teacher/boyfriend. An alien life force was stealing her man and winning. The Aussie just didn’t know what to do.
Emma looked around the living room and turned on the light. She found a photo album on the side table. She flipped it open and looked inside. Pictures of Ken and Yuko blasted her in the face.
“#Oh shite!#” she mumbled to herself as she closed the photo album quickly and sat down on the couch in disgust. All proof that Yuko had leverage over her rival. But then, Emma thought about it for a moment. No use running from the truth any longer. So, she picked up the photo album and opened it back up. Each photo had Ken and Yuko acting all lovey-dovey together. They were all worse than the last. Emma turned the pages in growing sorrow.
“#F*k!#” she mumbled to herself disillusioned. “#Fk! Fk! Fk! F*k!#” She turned the pages so fast that she nearly ripped one out. The Aussie threw the album down to floor. She picked up the second album and began looking. More of the same thing, only worse. Emma threw that one to the floor as well. She sat on in sorrow until something caught her eye. A DVD disc that “Yuko” on it. Curious, Emma picked up the disc and put it into the DVD player. She turned on the TV and hit play. On the screen showed a younger Yuko dressed in all wild rainbow colors on a Basketball court.
“Good evening, everyone!” she greeted the camera. “Let’s take a look at what’s going on at the court of sunny Orlando, Florida! The girls on the team look super hot and ready to go!” Emma looked on slightly confused.
“However,” Yuko went on. “The other team looks just as fierce! It could good either way, we’ll have to see!” Emma fast forwarded through some of the parts as she watched the disc. After a few minutes, Emma realized something.
“#You’re gay!#” she exclaimed to Yuko on the screen. The Aussie chuckled a bit. She shut off the TV and found Ken-san’s ring box. She took the ring out and looked at it. The girl sighed and put it back into the box. She still had nothing. Suddenly, the door opened wide. Emma looked up and saw Ken-san standing in the doorway staring at her. He looked at her surprised. Emma looked down at her feet.
“#I broke in,#” she confessed. Ken-san shook his head stressed.
“That’s not fair, Emma,” he said.
“#No, you lied to me!#” she protested.
“I never lied!” Ken told her. “I just…” Emma slowly looked up at him. The teacher stared on at her. He sighed again.
“Yuko went away on a field trip to Chicago,” he explained as he walked inside. “For six months. Scenery change.” Emma stared on confused.
“#What, she doesn’t like Tokyo?#” she asked.
“No!” Ken replied.”Scenery change!” Emma still looked lost. “The f***g trends are changing!” the teacher broke down.
“#Oh!#” the Aussie replied.
“Christ!” Ken muttered. “Did you ever pay any attention in school, Emma? We’re trying to f***g educate you!” Emma stared on at him. She felt crushed even more.
“#Gee thanks, Ken!#” she said sarcastically. “#I appreciate it!#” Ken looked on at her.
“We had some issues,” he went on. “Well, Yuko did.” Emma didn’t say anything. Ken-san straightened up some.
“And now,” he said. “I’ve…”
“#Screwed around?#” Emma asked.
“You don’t know what I did!” Ken snapped. “You really don’t know that much about me, Emma!” The Aussie looked down at the floor. Silence flooded between them both.
“I need some time,” Ken-san spoke again. Emma looked at him offended.
“#Can’t you see it?#” she asked. She showed him the TV with the paused image of Yuko at work. Ken-san looked at her blankly.
“What?” he asked. Emma smiled and sighed out as she shook her head. She began to walk away in defeat. Right then, Yuko walked into the apartment. She didn’t look happy to see her rival at all.
“W-We’ve got some stuff!” Ken-san told her. “We’ve got some stuff!”
“#See ya, Ken!#” Emma told him. She shook her head and walked again. Yuko smirked at her.
Sign up to rate and review this story