Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > ~*~Fly Like an Angel Part III ~*~

II Next Chapter II

by TrueReligion2005 3 reviews

Read. Read. Read.

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: G - Genres: Drama,Romance - Published: 2009-11-09 - Updated: 2009-11-10 - 2263 words

0Unrated

‘All right Grace, it looks like you in the course of your employment with Chase industries you put down exactly to $1, 050,025 for the company.

‘Wow. I had no idea it was that much.’

‘Well that is because the start up costs for the company were so much, usually around $100,000 is about the going rate for a start up business such as this.’

‘Fantastic.’

‘So what we’re going to file a paper with the courts and send one to Holly’s lawyer. Since there is nothing else that you want from Holly we’re not going to wait for her to reply we’re just going to file with the court.’

‘Alright.’

‘So all that you need to do is come back to sign the papers and keep me updated with whatever you receive from Holly. If they contact you in any way I need to know. I don’t need you to say anything to Holly or any one in relation to her. Anything that you say to them could be used if something like this goes to a trial.’

‘Well I don’t believe that either are speaking to me right now so that is perfectly alright.’

‘Okay.’

‘So I guess we’re done for the day.’

‘Fantastic.’

‘So keep me updated and I’ll get in touch with you in a couple of days.’

‘Thanks Eric.’ Grace gathered her stuff and left the office. It was still early in the day. Her phone rang as she got into the car.

‘Hello.’ She sighed while she shut the door.

‘Hey Grace, it’s Ryan.’

‘Ryan, what do you want?’

‘I just wanted to talk to you. I know that the past couple of weeks have been hard on everyone. You’re still my best friend I just want to make sure you’re alright.’

‘I’m fine Ryan. Why are you really calling me?’

‘Holly told me that you left the company.’

‘I did. It was time. I cannot take her antics anymore. She’s just hurting the company. I do not want to be a part of that.’

‘Grace, I think you need to rethink this. There is no reason to do anything crazy.’

‘Ryan, I’m not doing anything crazy. I don’t want to be a part of a company where the owner is stealing money and not getting anything done. The Paris show isn’t even going to happen because she can’t schedule it.’

‘She isn’t stealing money Grace. There is no reason to lie about It.’

‘Excuse me?’

‘Holly told me about all the money that is missing from the bank account. If you and Brendon are having problems you can just ask there is no reason to steal money from your own company.’

At this point, Grace was fuming mad. ‘For your information Ryan, I’m not the one stealing money. Holly used the four grand on her assistant’s wardrobe. I don’t know what she is telling you but I have not stolen any money and second off, Brendon and I are not having problems. I know what you’re doing. You can tell Holly that I’ve had it with her and that she can just talk to my lawyer Eric because I am not supposed to talk to either of you any longer. Goodbye Ryan.’

Grace hung up the phone just as she pulled into the driveway. It was just after lunchtime. She has four hours until the boys needed to be picked up and even longer until Brendon would be home. It was time for her to catch up on the work she has been slacking on: her family and home.

Grace spent the afternoon doing laundry, the dishes, and cleaning up the house. Brendon was not so much of a housekeeper and she spent so much time at work that the little things had been neglected.

By the time it was time to go pick up her boys, both of their bedrooms were cleaned, vacuumed, and their laundry was cleaned and hung up. Their bathrooms were cleaned as well as their playroom and all of Brendon’s clothes were folded and put away as well.

‘We’ve been sitting here all day and gotten nothing done.’ Spencer let out a frustrated sigh as Brendon slumped on the couch.

‘I’ve been thinking.’

‘About what?’

‘Well, the band broke up. This is our chance to do whatever we want…’

‘Yeah, I guess.’

‘We could open our own studio.’

‘You mean quit making music?’

‘Not so much quit making music we could just open our own production studio.’

‘And sign bands?’

‘Yeah.’ Both boys were silent for a few minutes.

‘That would be pretty awesome.’

‘I’ll have to talk to Grace and see what she thinks about it on the business aspect.’

‘Here in Vegas?’

‘We could open it in Vegas or we could move some place completely different.’

‘This is a big decision Brendon. Don’t you think you should talk to Grace?’

‘I’m planning on it.’

‘Let’s call it a day and talk about this later.’ Brendon left and got into his car excitedly driving home.

‘Mommy, Chace is eating chocolate chips.’ Caleb tattled.

Grace chuckled as she threw more chips into the cookie dough. ‘So boys, what do you want to make daddy for dinner?’

‘Peanut butter and jelly.’ Caleb said.

‘And Macaroni and cheese!!!’ Chace added in.

‘Daddy doesn’t like mac and cheese. How about Chicken and some pasta and some veggies.’

‘Daddy likes pasta and veggies…oh and Chocolate chip cookies too.’ Brendon walked into the kitchen, putting his arms around Grace’s waste and kissing her cheek.

‘What are you doing home so early? We weren’t expect you until later after we had dinner and our cookies done.’ Grace put a few baked cookies on two plates and handed them to the boys.

‘Spence and I were having a hard day so we decided to call it a day.’

‘Everything okay?’

‘Yeah, we actually had kind of a crazy idea this afternoon.’

‘And what was that?’

‘Well now that the band has broken up, it’s kind of our chance to do whatever we want.’

‘Like what?’

‘Like opening our own production company.’

‘There’s an idea.’ Brendon got the feeling that Grace wasn’t taking him seriously.

‘Baby, we’re serious.’

‘I know Brendon but that’s a big step. You have to know exactly what you want and have someone that is going to have your best interests. Opening a company like that is a big step.’

‘That’s what I have your for baby…or a plus.’ He smiled stealing a cookie from Grace’s plate. ‘Can we do it?’

‘I’m not sure. You’ll have to give me a little while to check the financials like start up costs, production costs, and building and equipment costs.’

‘Can we talk about this?’

‘Sure.’

‘Let me call Spencer.’ Grace nodded.

‘Mommy, can we hep?’ Chace asked.

‘You sure can. I need you to taste a couple of these cookies and make sure that they taste good. Do you want some milk too?’

‘Yes mommy.’ Grace smiled as she pulled out two cups.

As Grace made dinner, Spencer and Brendon sat on either side of the boys with a notebook.

‘So what would this entail?’ Brendon asked.

‘Well the first thing that needs to happen is you need to figure your start up costs. Those include rent for a building, utility bills like electric and water, you have to make a list of the equipment needed and how much it will costs plus installation and I don’t care what you say baby, you can not do that yourself, and lastly you’ll have to find out how many employees you’ll have to hire and what their hourly wage will be. Then you have stuff like advertising, travel expenses, lawyer fees, plus business expenses.’

‘What do we do first?’

‘Guys can we talk about this after the boys go to bed please?’

‘Yeah.’ Brendon closed the notebook and looked over at Caleb who was making faces at him. Brendon made faces back at him. Caleb started to laugh. ‘How was cool today?’

‘We painted wit our fingers!’ Caleb said excitedly.

‘I’m jealous. Do you think I can come to school with you tomorrow?’

Both boys laughed, ‘you’re too owd.’

‘Mommy, did you hear that? I’m too old to go to school.’

‘I heard it.’ Grace chuckled. The boys soon got down off their chairs and ran out of the room with Brendon very close behind them.

Later that night, after the boys went to bed, Brendon and Spencer walked into the master bedroom where Grace was sitting on the bed with her macbook.

‘Alright, can we talk about this now?’

‘Sure babe.’ Grace sighed. Brendon sat down next to her on the bed while Spencer sat in a chair under the window.

‘What’s first?’

‘First thing is first, tell me exactly what is going on?’

‘We’re thinking about opening a production studio.’

‘Okay?’

‘We just need to know if it is possible.’

‘Okay well you’ll need to find a building to rent out. The rent and deposit needed will be the biggest portion of your start up costs.’

‘I think the first thing we need to do is decide where we want to open it at.’

‘What do you mean?’

‘Well, honey, we were thinking of maybe looking in a different city to open the studio. There is a lot of drama going on in Vegas right now and this is our chance to move. You left the company so you don’t have anything tying you to this town and I’m always up for a big move.’

‘Honey, I understand that you want to do something different but it’s not just about us anymore. We have children now. We have to do what is best for them as well.’

‘They haven’t started school yet. It’s just pre-school and now that Addy isn’t allowed to be friends with them anymore they don’t like going.’

Grace looked over at Spencer, ‘Look, you two find a place where ever it is and we’ll cross that bridge when we get there.’

‘So we have to find rent, then what?’

‘Then we’ll get an estimate on utility bills. After that you can go through and find all the equipment prices including how much everything will cost, what you’ll have to get to make it work, and installation of the equipment.’

‘Okay so we’ll do that and go from there.’ Spencer nodded.

‘Okay.’

Spencer soon left, as Grace got ready for bed. ‘So you want to move?’ Grace asked as she threw the extra pillows onto the chair. Brendon walked out of the bathroom with a toothbrush in his mouth.

‘I just think if we’re going to do it right now is the perfect time, you know, before the boys get settled into elementary school and you find another job. Are you opposed to it?’

‘I guess I’m not opposed to it. A move is a big deal; I just want to make its what we both want to do it and we’re not going to change our minds right after we get settled again.’

‘What do you want baby? I’ll do whatever you want and what ever is best for the boys.’ Brendon said as they both climbed into bed.

‘Let me sleep on it. I’m not sure.’

‘We don’t have to decide right away. We’re just talking right now. Besides, there is something else we need to talk about.’

‘What’s that?’

‘Your job.’ Grace cuddled into his chest but looked up at him.

‘What about it? I don’t have one anymore.’

‘Baby, I know how much you hate being away from the boys and not being able to get them ready for school or pick them up. Do you really want a job right now? I don’t want you to feel like you need one. We’ll do just fine with out you working.’

‘Brendon…I wish I knew what I wanted. I have never been one of those girls that wanted to be a stay at home house wife but when I’m working all I can think about is those two beautiful boys and the things I should be doing at home and all the things I’d rather be doing.’

‘Well honey, why don’t you stay home for a while and see how you like it, the doctor did say we may have a better chance of having a baby if you were less stressed. Maybe if you stay home for a while and relax, it will be easier.’

‘You think?’

‘Yeah, I think it would be a nice change and I know the boys would love for you to be home more often.’

Grace smiled as she sat up and straddled Brendon’s lap, ‘You’re so good to me.’ She smiled before leaning down to kiss him.


Enjoy. I feel like I'm finally back in a grove of things with this and school so I hope you all enjoy. There is going to be a twist coming up and a surprise. Hope you like it.

P.S. I love the reviews. I think it is so funny how excited you guys get. It makes my day!!!
Sign up to rate and review this story