Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > The Dark Parade- Diamonds Are A Clowns Best Friend

Diamonds Are A Clowns Best Friend

by SmashAuthority2 5 reviews

Chaos ensues at the Diamond Exhibition...

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG - Genres: Humor,Parody,Romance - Characters: Bob Bryar,Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Published: 2009-11-11 - Updated: 2009-11-16 - 2481 words

2Funny
I know it's been a long time, but I have had major problems with my account. But I managed to get this uploaded in the end. I hope you like it. It's my longest chapter to date!xx
(Some scenes in this chapter have been inspired by The Dark Knight. If you haven't seen it yet, then, ya know, read at you're own peril!)

Gerard woke up the next morning feeling tired and irritable. He had slept restlessly and his dreams had been dominated by Selina and more disturbingly, the Joker. He was very annoyed with himself as he hadn't kept his word to Commissioner Mikey Way and dragged the clown back to Arkham Asylum. Why he had let him go, he didn't understand at all. Oh well, he could always get him tonight. There was going to be a huge diamond exhibition tonight and Gerard had a feeling the Joker would show up as he loved sparkly things so much.

After he had showered and dressed, he went downstairs to have breakfast. He was greeted cheerily by Raymond who handed him The Gotham Times. Sure enough. Splashed on the front page, the headlines screamed, "The Joker Escapes From Mental Asylum!" Gerard sighed and tossed the paper aside.

"What's troubling you, Master Way?" Asked Raymond, in concern.

"It's that damned Joker. He escaped again," Complained Gerard. Even though he usually told his butler everything that happened, he decided it was best if he kept the events of last night to himself.

"I know sir. He is becoming a nuisance,"

"I just don't know what to do with him anymore," Admitted Gerard. It was true, how many times was he going to chuck him inside only for the clown to escape again?

"Maybe we should get rid of him....permanently," Suggested Raymond softly.

Gerard stared at him. "Are you saying I should...kill him?" He asked in horror.

"Yes," Replied Raymond, looking him straight in the eye.

"I can't do that!" Gerard yelled, then immediately lowered his voice. "I'm Batman. I don't take lives. I save them,"

"Sometimes, sir. We have to make an exception," Ray replied mildly, whilst buttering some toast. He handed it to Gerard, who accepted with shaky hands.

"I won't do it," He said quietly.

"Why not? If you got rid of him, crime in Gotham City would go down about 80%. the whole city would benefit from his disappearance," He argued.

"But...kill him?" Gerard couldn't imagine snuffing out the little guy. It wasn't as if he cared about him. No, it just wasn't the way Batman rolled. He was not a killer. Plus, the only reason the Joker did the things he did was to get his reaction. Gerard ran his fingers through his thick, black hair in frustration. Why did his life have to be so complicated?

"Think about it, sir. It could be good for all of us," Raymond gave him a friendly pat on the back before going about his business.

Gerard rose from his seat slowly. He couldn't believe they had discussed taking out a human life so casually, over breakfast.

*

It was 11:30pm and Gerard was dreadfully bored. The Diamond Exhibition had turned out to be uneventful and all he wanted to do was go home and sleep. But no, he had been advised by Bob to stay for a few more hours. He was sick of all the horny females approaching him and whispering suggestively in his ears. Honestly, if he wasn't such a gentlemen he would have smacked some of the girls upside the face.

Earlier in the evening, he had spotted Selina Kyle amidst the crowd looking superbly hot in a floor-length, black, off the shoulder gown, but she seemed to be avoiding him. He was depressed beyond words when he noticed she was with some guy and so thought it would be best if he avoided her. It would kill him if the guy turned out to be her boyfriend or something.

The worst part was that The Joker hadn't even bothered to turn up, and Gerard had been so sure he would. He had come prepared, the Batsuit was ready and waiting for him in the trunk of his silver Bentley. But it looked like all his careful planning had gone to waste, as nothing illegal had gone down. He shoved his hands into his pockets and sighed loudly, deciding to slip out when no-one was looking his way and go home.

He was startled out of his thoughts when he heard a woman screaming hysterically. He looked up sharply and could see a flurry of movement at the entrance to the exhibition. He immediately walked towards the source of commotion to see what was going on. He didn't get very far when he heard the all too familiar voice of The Joker in the distance. Gerard couldn't believe it, he had finally decided to show! He backtracked and slipped out of a side door, he really needed to change into the Batsuit.

*

"Hello, everyone!" Cooed The Joker, walking in and waving randomly at people. "We're tonight's entertainment!" He informed them, with a malevolent gleam in his eye.

He jumped onto the stage where the sparkling diamonds had been placed and started to prance around, much to the terror of the guests. He seized a chubby woman by the hand and twirled her around until she lost her balance and fell onto the floor. He laughed aloud and took a baseball bat one of his loyal henchmen was holding out. He proceeded to mindlessly smash the glass cases that held some of the worlds most expensive jewels, and greedily snatch up as many goodies as he could lay his hands on.

"Diamonds are a girls best friend," He screeched in a high pitched voice. His eyes darted around the room and came to rest on a gangly waiter, who quailed under his manic gaze. The Joker sauntered over to him and took some food from the platter he was holding with trembling hands and popped it into his mouth, then promptly spat it back out.

"What the hell is this?" He demanded, waving a gloved fist in the air.

"Snails," Muttered the hapless waiter, who was shaking like a leaf.

"I'm sorry. Did he just say snails?" Asked the Joker, in horror. Some people nodded in fear. "What the HELL is wrong with you people?" Yelled the clown, in disgust. "You eat snails? Okay, You all deserve to die for serving me that stuff!" He grabbed the nearest man and shook him violently. The man, who was an elderly gentleman looked as if he was about to pass out.

"That's enough," Called a soft, female voice from behind them.

The Joker turned around to see who had dared to interrupt him, and came face to face with none other then Selina Kyle. She stood with her arms folded and a scowl on her lovely face.

"Well, hello beautiful," Said The Joker, while he tried to smooth down his hair.

Selina frowned in a bored manner as the clown approached her. The other guests remarked how unafraid she looked and were impressed with her courage. The Joker on the other hand was simply looking for someone to kill.

"You look nervous," He remarked, completely oblivious to the fact that she wasn't, "Is it the scars?"

"Erm. No offence or anything but you don't scare me, mate. In fact, I don't understand why people are so afraid of you," She replied stonily.

"Oh really?" Remarked the clown, "Maybe it's because of this," He grabbed her suddenly and pulled her close so that their faces were inches apart.

"Dude. You need a breath mint," Advised Selina, wrinkling her pixie-like nose.

Everyone laughed and the Joker looked furious. There was no way he was being dissed by a chick. He pulled out his gleaming switchblade with a flourish. That silenced everyone, including Selina who gulped nervously.

"Let me tell you a little story," He said, "Look at me. LOOK at me!" He ordered and she did, reluctantly. "When I was younger, I had a girlfriend. She was beautiful like you. But unfortunately she had a smart mouth. A bit like you. Wanna know what I did with her?" He asked menacingly. "I'll tell you. I took this knife and carved a lovely mask onto her face, a bit like a Halloween pumpkin. Then I did the same for myself. Unfortunately, she didn't make it. Too much blood was lost, you know?" He shrugged casually. "Now I'm gonna do the same to you,"

Without further thought, Selina kneed him in the groin. He yelped in pain and let her go but he quickly pulled himself together, "A little fight in ya. I like it," He smirked, evilly.

"Then you're gonna love me," Growled someone from out of nowhere. Batman stepped from out of the shadows and punched him directly in the face. The Joker staggered backwards in pain and pushed his henchmen forward to fight. They approached The Dark Knight reluctantly and attempted to bring him down. They were no match for him, of course, but distracted him long enough for the Joker to grab Selina, blow out the glass window behind him and dangle her precariously by her arm.

"Let her go," Batman ordered.

"That's a really poor choice of words," Cackled the clown. He let go of her arm and she went screaming over the edge of the building.

Batman dived desperately after her. He couldn't believe the Joker had actually let her go-he would totally have to talk to him about this. Her arms and legs splayed all over the place as she rocketed to the ground, and he sighed. It was times like this that he wished he could actually fly. Man, that would be so cool and it would make work so much easier.

He grunted as he stretched his arms and tried to reach her, he was so close he almost touched her hand but he missed. If he didn't reach her soon, she would fall to a certain (and very bloody) death. He couldn't have that. She was hot, damnit!

She was screaming loudly but he didn't blame her-he hated being thrown off buildings also. With one last burst of energy, he reached for her and grabbed her hand, he enveloped himself around her body like a shield and made sure that when they made contact with whatever was beneath them, he would hit it first. It didn't matter as he was protected by his armor. It wouldn't kill him but he would wake up the next morning with some serious bruises on his butt.

They smashed into a car, completely flattening the roof and totally obliterating the windows. Batman resisted the urge to cry out. Was it possible to break ones ass? If so, he may have managed it today. Instead of complaining though, he helped Selina off the car and made sure she was okay.

"Oh my gosh," She stammered. "Thank you so much,"

"Don't mention it," He growled.

"No. You saved my life," She continued with tears in her eyes. "You jumped out of a building for me," She rushed towards him and threw her arms around his waist. It caught him off guard and he wondered whether he should hug her back. He decided against it as it wasn't very superheroey.

She let go of him and stared at his face. "Who are you?" She whispered.

"Erm. I'm Batman," He had thought it was obvious what with the Batsuit and all.

"I'm in you're debt. Whenever you need me, I'll be there for you," She promised somberly. Little did he know just how literally she meant it.

He simple nodded at her. Even after being chucked out a window she looked fabulous. Her normally immaculate hair was windswept and her dress was askew, but there was a light in her eyes that seemed to make her glow in the dark. He was mesmerized.

They stood staring at each other until Batman remembered that the Joker was still in the building and no doubt causing mayhem. He made sure Selina got a ride home and ran back indoors. He had just reached the lobby when he spotted the clown lounging by a long red coach in the reception area. His henchmen were nowhere to be seen.

"So," He said simply when he spotted the dishevelled hero, while picking his fingernails.

"So?" Repeated Batman angrily. "You just threw a woman out a window and that's all you've got to say?" He asked with growing rage.

The Joker shrugged and stared at a painting of the mayor disinterestedly. "Who cares?"

"I care," Growled Batman. It took a few short steps and he was next to the clown, he grabbed him by the collar and pulled him close. "Listen you little freak. The next time you pull a stunt like that, I'll make sure you go out the window too, but the difference is, no-one will save you. Do you understand?" He warned.

"Oh puh-lease. You would never do that to me. We both know it, honey," Smirked the Joker. "Plus, I thought you didn't waste people,"

"A term I would use very loosely to describe you," Said Batman. He released the cackling clown. It was true, he would never take a human life, even if it was someone like the idiot standing before him. He had never been in such a dilemma, what was he supposed to do with this guy?

"Why can't you admit it that you love me?" He opened his arms wide as if Batman would suddenly have a change of heart and run into them.

"I do not have feelings for you," Snapped Batman.

"Of course you do." Said the Joker. "You're just afraid to admit it,"

"I'm not in love with you," He repeated stubbornly.

"Being a gay superhero is okay in today's modern world. Trust me," Assured the clown, putting his hand reassuringly on Batman arm.

"Uh-huh," Batman nodded and took his hand gently. The clown smiled happily, but then The Dark Knight twisted it backwards viciously and the Joker let out a high-pitched scream of pure pain. "Of course I love you," He laughed.

The Joker snatched his hand back, "You jerk! That hurt!"

"It was meant to," Said Batman, with a roll of his eyes.

"If you're going to behave like this, I'm totally leaving! I do not take abuse in relationships," Threatened the Joker.

"What relationship?" Asked Batman in exasperation.

"That's it! I'm outta here. You owe me an apology mister!" He called over his shoulder as he stormed out of the building, leaving Batman standing alone, shaking his head in dismay. He wondered whether his life could get any worse. It could, as he would discover the next morning.

Tell me what you think...
Sign up to rate and review this story