Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Brother, Please Come Home To Me.

Err...No one else gets carsick right?

by shehadtheworld12 3 reviews

The road isn't as easy as it looks...

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Romance - Characters: Bob Bryar,Frank Iero,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2009-11-21 - Updated: 2009-11-21 - 2206 words

2Funny
I remember nodding off, and I awoke to my head being slammed against the glass window. I snapped my eyes open and found the sun to be up and hearing the laughter of the guys. I rubbed my head and yawned before turning to them. How long had we been driving? We’re still on the freeway but I couldn’t see any signs that would answer me or at least give me a hint. Part of me thought this was just a dream, but it was full reality. The shouting of the guys indicated so.

“Ha! Remember when Ray had spinach in his teeth for the whole day of school?” Bob laughed. I heard Ray give a frustrated sigh.

“You guys are my friends! You’re supposed to tell me stuff like that!” he protested. Frank chimed in with his giggling as well and I stretched my cramped arms and shoulders.

“Oh look who decided to finally wake his ass up.” Bob smiled at me and I shrugged him off.

“Where are we?” I asked and Ray pointed towards the window I looked at the sign that was approaching.

“Ohio?” I asked mostly to myself and I heard three groans escape.

“Yup, we’ve been driving all damn night.” Frank muttered.

“I would have slept through it, but someone thought it was funny to do wet willies’.” Ray glared at Frank who giggled.

“Well! I needed something to do! I mean damn, I was forced to be here.” Frank defended himself.

“To think I was asleep to miss that.” I smiled.

“Okay yeah, I thought I could hold it, but I need to piss!” Bob cried out.

“Well now that you mention it…” Ray put in. I could see a mischievous smile from on Frank’s face.

“Yeah, I could go a bottle of waaaaaaater.” he dragged out the word to Bob’s dismay.

“Not funny!” Bob called from the front seat.

“What’s wrong Bobby? Can’t wait to hear the flush of relief?” Frank taunted and this time I found myself laughing as Bob’s face was becoming red.

“Shut up Iero!” Bob yelled.

“Agua.”

“Stop!”

“Pee pee!”

“That’s it!” Bob yelled again and swerved the car to the exit where he pushed a little passed the speed limit and stopped at an old gas station while we laughed as he slammed the car door closed and ran to the restroom.

“Well I’m going inside to get some candy.” Frank smiled.

“Dude it’s barely morning and you want to consume sugar?”

“You make it sound like it’s a bad thing.” Frank replied modestly, not understanding the gravity of the situation.

“He’s going into a sugar induced coma one day.” I giggled as Frank scampered inside searching through all the candy in the small aisle. Bob came out of the restroom looking fully relieved as he got back in the car. He was turning on the ignition when he turned back to us.

“Where’s the short cake?”

“Getting candy.”

“Figures.” Bob mutters and I gingerly unbuckle my seat, the sudden urge to pee hitting me now.

“I’m a pee as well. Don’t leave without me.” I smirk, halfway serious, this has happened before. To all of us actually but to me and Ray the most.

“Wouldn’t dream of it.” Ray and Bob say in unison while I get out and walk to the restroom to the fountain thing on the wall. Great, a smelly bathroom. I cringe as I pull down my pants and boxers, afraid to touch the rotting molded walls as I do my thing. When I’m finished, I run to the sink and wash my hands, 20 seconds extra from a fear of some germ making its way into my body. I’ll admit it, I have a mild case of germ phobia.

I dry my hands and walk back to the car at the same time as Frank who has a big bag in his hand while beams like a child on Christmas day.

“How much candy did you actually get?” I asked skeptically. Frank shrugs calmly.

“Nothing much, just Twizzlers, Nerds, A ring pop, Skittles, a pack of gum, and Razzles.”

“Ah, I see.” I replied in monotone while we got back in the car and drove away from the stinky bathrooms. We got back on the freeway resuming our long drive while Frank was busily chewing away at his Twizzlers. Ray was resting on that comfortable fro of his. While I reached for the radio, cringing when Barbie Girl started playing.

Wrapped in plastic, it’s fantastic.”

“Ha! Mikey’s a Barbie girl!” Frank mumbled with a mouth full.

“You’re just jealous because you’re as tall as a Barbie.” I retorted and he stuck his tongue out.

“On another note.” Bob rolled his eyes while switching the station to the 100.1. Icky Thump by The White Stripes filled the air and leaned back into my seat, subconsciously tapping my feet to the beat of the drum.

Icky thump, with the lump
In my throat
Grab my coat
And now it's reckon
I was ready to go

Yeah, I swam beside the hair
She had one white eye
One blank stare
Lookin' up, lyin' there”


“I think I’m in love with Jack White.” I suddenly said. I got funny looks from Bob but Frank found it hilarious.

“What?” I asked to Frank who giggled.

“Y-you said it so smoothly.” He replied and I shrugged.

“Sorry, but he’s just like…amazing.” Eventually they all nodded, even Bob admitted.

“So…does this mean that you’re gay for Jack White?” Frank asked.

“Shut up Frank..”
++++++++++

It was officially 2:30 in the afternoon. How did I know this? Well I’ll tell you. I’ve been sitting here looking at the clock for last 5 freaking hours. We were driving for so long, yet it felt like we didn’t even put a dent in the trip, which most likely we didn’t. Frank’s hyper ass finally fell asleep, while me, Ray, and Bob enjoyed the peacefulness of it. Ray was playing his PSP, which he ever so graciously forgot to tell he got one. He was playing some Rainbow Six crap while I eventually tuned out the sound of soldiers moaning while they died, lovely isn’t it?

I also felt bad for Bob who was doing most of the driving. I offered to take over, but he refused every time. He’s just awesome like that. But still…I would have to convince to let me have my share of driving. But then again, I’m not sure Bob really trusts us with his father’s vehicle, though I might add I’m an excellent driver. Well except for that one time, when I hit that person on the bike, but he didn’t die! I swear! Umm that will just be for another time…yeah I think it would be best. Ahem….

“Ah score! Take that you ass!” Ray shouted while furiously using the analog on the device.

“Are you ever going to put that down today?” Bob asked, while Ray shook his head simply.

“Prolly not. I borrowed this from some dude at school, so I have to beat it before school starts.”

“Some dude? You don’t even know his name?” I asked smiling.

“Well I think his name is Mark…maybe Lance, or Gabe, I’m not sure. Anyways, he’s a friend of a friend of a friend of a friend of my friend Adam.”

Again, my eyes went temporarily cross eyed.

“Uhh..that’s cool?” I offered and he nodded before returning to his game.

“But I want the Skittles really bad. Why can’t I have them? We had a deal! That’s not fair! Mommy!” Frank yelled in his sleep, while I watched him in bewilderment. His mouth was open with some drool while his hair stuck to the window from static.

“The things that go on in that short person’s…head.” Bob muttered while turning the radio back on that I never knew had been turned off. It was safe to say we were in Indiana now, as a large sign passed by us. Every state fell like a year. Every town, city, it all looked the same, but so very different from New Jersey. I managed to take a lot of mental pictures on the way to California so I wouldn’t forget how long it to get there and how liberating it felt to break away from everything. I rolled down the window and took the much needed Indiana breeze that hit me in the face ever so wonderfully. The sky was blue, the sun was shining, and I didn’t let a single thing pass by without me looking at it. Nature really was a beauty….

“Hey look Bob, by tonight we should be in Chicago.” Ray smiled.

“Yeah I guess so.” Bob yawned while looking straight ahead being the cautious driver he was.

“Who died?!” Frank’s eyes snapped open as he sat up and bumped his head on the window.

“Fudge popper!” he yelled as he grabbed his head.

“When are we gonna stop for dinner, I’m hungry.” Ray asked.

“Soon Toro, soon.” I replied. Food hadn’t even crossed my mind at all today…weird. Usually I’m hungry like every 30 minutes.

“How soon?” Ray asked impatiently and I laughed.

“Soon.” I repeated and he sulked as he sat back in his seat.

“So how long exactly is our little journey going to continue? I must warn you, that I get carsick so we may have to pull…”

“PULL OVER!” Frank yelled and Bob slammed on the brakes while steering to the right. Frank opened the door and a second later he was hurling from the car and I looked the other way when I saw rainbow like fluids fall on to the ground. I gagged.

“See that Frank? You eat too much candy and look what happens.” Bob’s fatherly voice piped in and Frank mumbled incoherently. I swore I heard someone other driver yell ‘sick!’ but I wasn’t 100% sure on that.

“Err...no one else gets carsick right?” Bob asked uneasily.

“Nah...”

“Hope not...”

“Umm can someone hand me my gum?” Frank whimpered and I plugged my nose as I reached in the half empty bag and handed him the Trident pack. He graciously took it and ripped open two pieces before chewing them in his mouth like a hungry dog.

“That was…blah.” Frank mumbled.

“Can we get dinner now?”
_____________________________

So after one hour of trying to locate civilization, we arrived at Crocker Bear’s. A restaurant where it’s pretty much country like with decorations, music, etc. etc. It was okay… well Frank got molested by a person dressed as a bear, Bob got hit on the by the waitress, calling him ‘Honeybear’ and what not. Ray was mistaken as girl as a boy bumped into him. Ray was pretty upset when the boy had said ‘pardon me miss!’ and walked off. As for me, well nothing interesting happened to me. Except the creepy girl across the restaurant. Seriously, she kept looking at me with a weird expression. She looked my type, eyeliner, black clothes, chucks, it was just the way she was staring, I felt myself get nervous and then my eyes get glossy.

“Are we almost done? I’m get undressed by that girl over there.” I whispered uneasily and Bob chuckled.

“Aww come on Mikesters, she thinks your cute.” He laughed. I shifted uncomfortably as I eyed her back. Her smile made me cringe.

“I don’t see why you’re laughing Bob, you got hit on by Betty Crocker.” I pointed out, Ray and Frank bursted out laughing as Bob glared but stayed silent. That’s what I thought Bob.

“Mikey has a point, we should be heading off soon.” Ray added and I smiled. Ray’s always on my side.

“Yeah I wanna go too. That bear keeps coming over here. I’m scared.” Frank whimpered and I smiled. Bob nodded and each of us put some money on the table, but I found I had to mostly pay for it. Bastards. I didn’t mind though, I’m nice like that.

We got back in the car, prepared for driving another light year. We buckled in [safety first folks!] and this time I convinced Bob to let me drive.

“Please don’t crash it.” He asked.

“I promise Bryarbear. No worries.”

“Don’t call me Bryarbear.” He uttered and laid his head back on the seat. I smoothly pulled on to the familiar freeway and asked Ray for directions. Chicago was our next destination, and I knew this wasn’t going to be a smooth drive as I thought.

“Eww! Frank how could you?! Open a window!” Ray squealed and the nauseating smell of a fart traveled through the car.

“Sorry! You know what salads do to me.” Frank replied. Ray plugged his nose and fanned himself while Bob was already snoring. I smiled.

Yup. I knew it….
___________________
+++++++++++++++++

Rates and Reviews?
Sign up to rate and review this story