Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Brother, Please Come Home To Me.

California, Here We Come.

by shehadtheworld12 7 reviews

Yes, title is from Phantom Planet (:

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Characters: Bob Bryar,Frank Iero,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Warnings: [!!] - Published: 2009-11-07 - Updated: 2009-11-07 - 2681 words

5Original
Did you miss this story? I did and I hope you did too (: Another chapter. Please don’t forget to rate and review!!xoxo
___________________

1 day later

It had been exactly one day since me, Ray, and Bob had initiated my master plan to find my brother. This was it. Ray was now trying to convince his mother of a college fair in California, and that he must attend. His mother wanted him to be something. A man with a future, and that is when I realized my parents hadn’t ever done that for me. Sure, they complimented me once in a while, but I never the encouragement from them. The courage to go out and do something with life.

That was also when I realized I never needed their courage. I had my own. I was doing something with life, and I had all the encouragement I needed. Whether they approved or not, I had my own plans and it was my future, not theirs.

It was currently mid-afternoon. The heat crashed down onto my bedroom window, heating up my bed and telescope by the door. Muffin was sleeping on the rug of my floor, her tail twitching as she lost her self in a dream, probably chasing bacon strips. I was staring at my damn duffel bag again. Clothes still placed inside, and other things I forgot I grabbed. Bob’s dad had let him borrow the car, even though he had to fake a call to his cousin Garret, At least his parents trusted him. I also may have pissed Bob off though, when he told me we could use the car, I may have hugged him a little too much for his liking. I didn’t mean to come off as ‘too’ friendly, but that was how I was. Needless to say, he wasn’t exactly happy about it. He’s not one for physical contact, much less a dude.

I twiddled my thumbs while waiting for Ray. What if hadn’t worked? What if his mom said no, and I was out a person? I couldn’t do this on my own. Literally. My heart began beating a little more faster now.

I heard knocking at my door and I opened it to find my parents. We haven’t spoken much since our argument about Gerard. I didn’t care though. I was relieved to see it was Ray. His fro bouncing slightly as he entered the doorway. I anxiously held my hands out.

“Well?” I said nervously. He shrugged, and I knew I was defeated.

“She said…yes.” He then smiled and my eyes almost popped out of my head.

“What?”

“She said yes! Well I had to seriously talk out of my ass, but eventually she agreed. She also informed me that I have a second cousin who is part of my mother’s side, who sister died in a car accident, who house was now given to my cousin named Armundo, who’s living with my cousin Raina, who’s really nice, who’s willing to let us stay there if we need.” He said calmly in one quick sentence. I think my eyes temporarily went crossed eyed. I blinked them back to normal.

“Oh uh…cool.” He smiled and I nodded.

“So when are we gonna get this going?” He asked. I shrugged.

“Honestly, I think tonight. When it’s late and my parents are asleep. Bob said to meet us whenever.”

“Not to mention we need to pick up short stuff.” I smiled.

“What if doesn’t want to go? He’s a picky little thing.”

“Well I’m sure if we threaten to bring Bob in, he’ll listen.”
“Bob is one scary dude when he’s pissed off.”

I nodded in agreement, cringing from some memories when Bob was fully unleashed. I never wanted to make him mad, NO ONE did.

“Well what about your things?” I asked. Ray smiled.

“All ready to go… I think. I’m pretty sure Bob’s ready as well. We just need the shrimp and we’re good.” I nodded, grinning.

“Well then…let’s get this pretty little show on the road.” I smiled as we sneakily walked out of my house, agreeing we would come back for my things when we decided to leave. We had some things to take care of first…

I met up with Bob at his house, where he was rolling his eyes as his dad gave a long ass lecture about the safety on the road, and if he wrecked the car, his foot would ultimately introduce itself to Bob’s ass. I had to admit it was pretty funny, but Bob just crossed his arms and waited for his dad to shut up. When he finally did, Bob muttered under his breath before turning to me and pointed with a glare. I gulped.

“You.” He said low and darkly. I cringed.

“Are lucky that I’m doing this for your ass and that you’re one of my best friends.” His glare turned into a soft smile and I smiled back…nervously. He motioned us into his dad’s car which was pretty nice if I must say. Not too old, not to rusty. It was in mint condition, but I didn’t care what it looked like as long as it got us where we needed to be. Before got in, he ran back inside the house grabbing his big duffel bag and looking at us.

“Thought I grab it now.” He said simply before turning on the ignition and driving to…somewhere. I smiled at Bob then at Ray. I was never more happier…
_________________

“Are you sure we should do this? This will really scare him.” I asked Bob and Ray as we were standing outside Frank’s house. The sun was fully down, and it was already 10:00, and we pretty much spent the day getting last minute supplies such as snacks and stuff. Not to mention, we map quested our trip and it would ultimately take a couple days to get there. If only airlines were more cheaper…

“Come on Way. He won’t be scared too bad. If the short ass screams, we’ll just hit him.” Bob said seriously and I looked at him crazy.

“I’m kidding! Sheesh!” He chuckled.

“Well it’s getting later and later, and we still have to get our stuff. So let’s decide…like now.” Ray put in. I nodded.

“Fine. But just be careful.” I sighed as we walked around to Frank’s house where I could hear soft snoring from his window. He must’ve been asleep already, and I sighed once more as we neared the window. It wasn’t too high, we could probably manage to get in with a good squeeze. I lifted myself on my tippy toes as I looked through and Frank was indeed asleep. His mouth slightly open as he was spread eagle on his black bedspread. His fish tank made funny water noises. I looked at Bob who looked at Ray, who looked at me.

“Well now what?”

“Open the window, and get your skinny ass in there.” Bob huffed. I frowned.

“Why me?” I asked.

“Cause we’re doing because of you genius. Now stop complaining and get in there. We’ll be right behind you.” Ray whispered softly as I rolled my eyes and reached for the white pane window. It gave a soft creak before I slid it up slowly with caution and gritting my teeth. I looked at Frank who was still snoring. I gently climbed in almost doing a face plant as I entered the window and onto the floor. I tip-toed to the side of the room where Ray and Bob mimicked my actions and all three of us were standing on each side of Frank who was now drooling. I giggled, and Ray smacked me on the arm.

“On three.” Bob smiled evilly. He counted down with his fingers, and Bob leaned into Frank’s ear.

“Wake up!” He yelled and Frank’s eyes shot open, fear on his eyes as he stared upon three dark figures. I sensed his need to scream and Bob leaned back in.

“If you scream, we’re make you perform sexual acts on us with a doughnut, understood?” He hissed and me and Ray held in our laughter as Frank whimpered softly. I almost felt bad.

“What do you want?” He asked.

“We’re going to take a little trip Frank. Now come on pack some clothes.”

“What?” He whispered.

“You heard me. We’ll explain everything we go, now up and at em’.” Bob replied and Frank slowly got up until Bob caught him by the arms. I smiled and ran through Frank’s clothes, throwing random shit in a bag and grabbing his necessities, and all that crap. We snuck him out the window, where he struggled and I had to keep my hand over mouth so he wouldn’t scream. Poor thing was ready to piss his pants with fear. We dragged him the car, hoping no neighbors were out to witness what looked like a kidnapping. It was only when we got in the car, Bob turned on the light and Frank’s eyes went from a nervous wreck, to confused, and then to totally pissed.

“You motherfuckers! What the hell are you doing?!” He shouted as we all laughed.

“Calm down Frank.” Ray giggled.

“Fuck you! You just kidnapped me, making me think you guys were some perverts and shit, why the hell am I even here!” He continued to shout. I grabbed Frank by the shoulders, where he was turning red by the minute.

“Frank. Listen to me carefully.” I warned. He hissed but did what I said.

I explained the whole story to him where he looked at me funny then shook his head.

“Mikey, I’d love to help you man, but I can’t go all the way to California. There’s no fucking way.” He said softly and I sighed and looked down.

“Frank, I really need your help.”

“And I would gladly give it to you, but my mom would be shit bricks if I left. What am I supposed to say?”

“Just make something up. Tell your staying over at my house and helping with a big science project. She won’t really care.”

“Okay, but what about everything else? Like money, where the hell are we even going anyways?”

“We’re going to LA and we’re finding Gerard. Once we find him, I’ll ask him why he left, and possibly bring him home. Ray’s family will let us stay at their place if we need, and I have money saved for gas and everything. Just trust us Frank.”

Frank looked at us before thinking to himself and nodding.

“Fine. But we better have a plan. I’m not getting murdered by joining you guys on this road trip.”

“We’ll be fine. We have directions, no worries.” He sighed and leaned back into the seat.

“What the hell am I getting myself into?” He asked himself while Bob smiled as he got back in the car and began to pull away from Frank’s house. I couldn’t help but as myself the same question….
~~

We arrived back at Ray’s house where he got his things before leaving a note for his mom, and quietly walking back to the car. Frank was still pissed off, but he wasn’t as bad as before. I told Bob to pull over and meet at the corner, while I grabbed my things. He nodded and let me out while I paced to my house sneaking in through my window and grabbing my bag and checking for anything that may have been forgotten. When everything was clear, I took a step back when reality hit. I was actually doing this. I was taking myself and my friends all the way to California. I closed my eyes and reached for the letter I wrote and placed it on my bed. I opened the door where Muffin was sleeping. I gently kissed her on the head and rubbed her soft fur before getting back up.

“Be good okay? I’ll miss you. I’ll be back home soon. You might even see Gerard.” I patted her one last time before shutting my door and exiting my window once again. I looked back at my house and then took a deep breath.

“I can do this.” I repeated to myself as I swung my bag over my shoulder and walked to the corner of the street where Bob’s car was waiting. I hopped in and Bob looked at me.

“You alright?”

I nodded. “I’m fine. Let’s go.”

He nodded and we pulled away from the curb, I looked back one last time from my house. It was too late to turn back now. We drove to the main city where I read the closest directions to Bob. We pulled on to the freeway, only making my stomach do turns and twists. As we drover further away from the New Jersey, I turned my head to look out the starry night through the car window where it was cracked open a little to let some breeze hit me. Frank was asleep again, and Ray was talking to Bob about some new Halo technique, while I tried to think about what would happen when my parents found that letter. I closed my eyes and dreamed of Gerard. I felt better now, and I realized that whatever happens…happens.
~~


Dear Mom and Dad,

When you read this I’ll most likely be gone. If you’re assuming, yes I have left to go find Gerard. Now before you panic, just remember it was my choice, and I think I’m old enough to do so. I never meant to go behind your backs, but I really need to this. For me. Out there is my brother, which you won’t tell me about. I have no choice but to find out myself don’t I? I’ll be fine guys. Ray, Bob, and Frank have offered to go with me, since they care about me more than you do. I’m lucky to have them, and please don’t blame them. This is all my doing, and I gladly admit that. I’m on my way to California, where Gerard might be. I plan on finding him and getting to know him. He’s my brother, and your son. I have a right to know who he is, regardless of who he is. I just need to know. It’s been bugging me since forever and I finally have to let it out. Whatever happens, just know I’m not alone and I’ll be fine. Please don’t worry about me, I have everything I need. I know you’re going to be extremely pissed with me, but I will say its worth it. I’ll handle everything when I get back. Until then, I’m on my way and I’m not turning around. I’m sorry but its too late, and I’ve gotten so far. Not just the drive, but life in general. I’m 18 now, I have my choices, which you may not accept, but they’re still mine. I just want to you know how grown up I’ve become and to ask you to trust me. Trust that I’ll be fine, and I’ll find Gerard. Whether you want him in your life or not, I would like to have him in mine. Maybe he is a druggie, a serial killer, a prostitute, who knows. Point is he’s my brother and it’s my job to find him.

I’ll call in when I get a chance. I’m sorry if I upset you. Just know I love you both.

Love,
Mikey.
Sign up to rate and review this story