Categories > Cartoons > X-Men: Evolution > That Stupid School Project

September 2nd: Curiosity about a Girl

by IWCT 0 reviews

John doesn't know enough about Marie, so he asks Kurt.

Category: X-Men: Evolution - Rating: G - Genres: Drama - Characters: Nightcrawler - Published: 2009-11-21 - Updated: 2009-11-21 - 561 words

0Unrated
John walked up to the gates of the school and typed in his security clearance. His mind was still reeling from what he had over heard. He knew that he had flipped his notebook out; he could feel his right hand moving, so the pencil was probably activated.

He couldn’t get the way that Marie had sounded when she was talking about Kurt out of his head. He had noticed that she wouldn’t even say the guy’s name, like it would contaminate her or something. What had Kurt done to deserve this girl’s enmity?

The boy he was wondering about almost crashed into John as the Australian rounded a corner of the Academy.

“Whoa, get your head out of the clouds, dude. You almost ran me over,” Kurt steadied his friend. He looked at John with a worried expression. The Aussie normally looked about as conscious of reality as a sugar high bunny rabbit, now the guy seemed to be grounded in reality. It looked like reality had been a bit of a depressing let down.

“Hey, Kurt? Have you ever heard of a Goth sheila, dyes her hair a lot, and named Marie?”

“Uh, I don’t know man. I try to keep away from the Goth element, you know? I think she’s pretty high up in their popularity system, if that helps. Why do you want to know?”

“Uh,” John tried to think up a suitable lie, “I was just assigned to do a year end project with her. In English. Is she any good?”

“I told you, I don’t know. I haven’t heard much about her. She came to visit Mom once when she first came here, I think, but other than that I haven’t a clue. But hey, what does it matter? You’re some sort of writing genius, right?”

“Yeah, but I don’t want to be the only one carrying the project on my shoulders. Oh well, I have a ton of homework to do, see you later.”

John walked through the front doors of the mansion. He looked at the foyer and shook his head. It still amazed him that anyone could live like this. There was just so much. Potted plants, most of them were plastic, gilt picture frames, shiny hardwood floors, and that omni-present scent of pine. His room in this place was about the same size of his apartment back home, and he didn’t have to share it with an all star brother, or a despairing father.

John walked up the stairs, took a left and went down to the third door. He walked into the spacious room with a sigh of contentment. The window gave a nice view of the cliffs and the sound. He had his own desk and chair. The room had even come furnished with a laptop.

John dumped his books and things down in the chair; he could get to them later. Now he had to figure out what they would be doing for a project. Marie would have her own ideas, so he couldn’t start off on that. But, they needed to get together on this as soon as possible. He began to draft a polite note that would get Marie out of her shell long enough to at least start on the darn thing.
Sign up to rate and review this story