Categories > Anime/Manga > Bleach > The Blood Red Shinigami

Shall we play another round?

by qternalanimator 0 reviews

The new girl at school makes a seemingly strange first impression on Ichigo and his friends. The blood red shinigami pays another visit.

Category: Bleach - Rating: PG - Genres: Angst,Humor - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2009-11-29 - Updated: 2009-11-29 - 2124 words

0Unrated
Qternal: Hello again! Shall we see who is in the magical cupboard. I hope it's Ichigo again!

-Opens the cupboard-

Chad: Hey...

Qternal: Iiiiiiieeeeeeeeee!!!! Where is Ichigo????? :-(

Chad: He asked me to take his place and say... clears throat Qternalanimator does not own Bleach and the characters related to it. She owns the plot idea of this story and and the red shinigami character.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The classes went by and Midori never took her nose out the book but when the teachers asked her questions she answered them correctly and fluently, this surprised not only the teachers but also the class.

It was break and Ichigo and his friends were in their usual spot above the school. Ichigo stood looking out over the building, thoughts of that mysterious girl in his mind whilst everyone else was happily playing a game of cards. Even Rukia had left Ichigo to his thoughts; she felt it was best that way.

“I win! I’m still good at this game!” Rukia said with a smile, the smile used to be false but this time around it was real.

The door opened that led down into the school, everyone turned to see Midori walk in still set on the book.

Inoue looked at the book and then tapped her chin: “That must be a good book, I should borrow it.”

Midori looked at nobody but walked and sat next to were Ichigo stood, Ichigo glanced down at her and noticed she was on the last page of the book already. He watched as she, moments later, closed the book and then simply turned around to look at the view.

Everyone was still watching this girl; Ishida was busy dealing out another round of cards: “She is rather strange.”

“Keigo and I think she is an angel! Her beauty came and sat next to us! But now she is by Ichigo! What does he have that we don’t Kuchiki-san?” Mizuiro looked at Rukia with a look of anguish and desperation, Rukia chuckled and thought for a while.

She eventually answered rather simply: “Orange hair.” She then picked up her set of cards and began to sort them out.

“Your friends find me strange.”

Ichigo looked down at the girl as she sat with her head resting in her hands. She wasn’t looking at Ichigo as she spoke.

“Well… umm…”

“Kurosaki Ichigo… You’re terrible at math.”

Ichigo’s jaw dropped at the comment, he knew it was true but to be told by some stranger who had just come to school. It was bruising his ego.

Midori looked up at Ichigo, she then chuckled a little: “I could help you. But I’m sure you’d decline because of pride. I’m just saying…”

Ichigo was too surprised to reply to Midori’s comment and they both just stayed looking out over the school.

“Ichigo! We’re arm wrestling! Come against me!” Keigo called out, he had lost to Rukia yet again in the card game and was now fed up. Ichigo got up and walked over to his friends, Tatsuki and Inoue were busy arm wrestling too for fun. Tatsuki was naturally going easy on her.

“Come on Orihime! Push!” Tatsuki said with a chuckle. Inoue nodded and suddenly pushed Tatsuki’s arm down.

“I won! Kuchiki- san! Get Fujiwara-san to wrestle with you!” Inoue said, celebrating her little victory by flexing her muscles.

Rukia scowled but nodded: “Fujiwara-san! Come and join us!”

Midori had been sitting staring out into space, zoned out with this smirk on her face but at the sound of Rukia’s voice she snapped back to reality. She turned around and looked at the group behind her beckoning her to join them.

“Oh ok! I’m not that strong though! Kuchiki-san, go easy on me!” Midori said as she walked over and sat on the other side of the box where Rukia was already positioned.

Ichigo knelt down and whispered into Rukia’s ear: “No Shinigami moves Rukia.”

Rukia rolled her eyes at the boy and turned to Midori: “Ready?”

Midori gripped Rukia’s hand then nodded. Inoue was playing referee and shouted: “Go!”

Rukia thought to go easy on her but she didn’t enjoy losing so she gave a human strength attempt at it but Midori stayed in place. Rukia looked at Midori who was looking directly at Rukia herself.

“You’re going that easy on me Kuchiki-san?” Midori asked and then started to fight back, it was very swift. Too swift for Rukia to realise but she had been beaten.

“Fujiwara-san wins! Hurray!” Inoue jumped about and hugged Midori, “You are so strong!”

Midori shook her head: “I’m sure that Kuchiki-san went easy on me!”

Rukia looked at her hand and at Midori: “Umm… yes. I did…”

Meanwhile, on the field of the school from the shadows the earth shook and tore like paper. From the crevice two red eyes loomed and laughed maniacally.

Ichigo felt that chill, he looked over at Rukia and realised she felt it too.
“Kurosaki-kun? Shouldn’t you go?”

Ichigo looked at Inoue, then at Chad and Ishida. They all knew what he was feeling and understood it was his duty to leave.

He nodded and got up, Rukia got up too: “Rukia and I are late for a meeting of sorts. Later!” The only reason they lied was due to Midori, Keigo and Mizuiro. As they ran off the bell rang for next lesson. Everyone got up and began to go inside.

Midori suddenly stopped and turned to run back upstairs. Inoue turned around: “Midori-chan! Where are you going?”

“I forgot my book! I’ll get to class by myself!”

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Ichigo was in his Shinigami form and he ordered Rukia to hide his body, he refused to let her help, as this was still her holiday. She protested but knew he was pretty obstinate.

“Where are you Hollow?” Ichigo called out.

“We meet again Kurosaki Ichigo, hmm…”

“Kuso!” Ichigo said and gripped his sword tighter, he remembered that voice.

Rukia stood by, she saw his expression and realised the person he spoke of must be around. She too looked around, remaining on full guard.

“Kuchiki Rukia, I see you too.”

“Show yourself!” Ichigo called out viciously, he hated games like this.

“So be it.”

Like lightening it seemed, but a tree was thrown at Ichigo. He was able to react fast enough and shred through it. Once the dust had settled Ichigo saw a terrifying sight.

“Menos Grande!” Rukia said in horror, she then noticed the red figure. It was the owner of the voice and she sat in the hand of the Menos Grande quite casually. She got up and jumped down, landing lightly like a feather.

“Afraid?” she said and looked from Ichigo to Rukia. “I could get him to attack you right now and split you in two.”

“Then why don’t you?” Ichigo said, growing extremely restless.

The girl chuckled and shook her head: “Cause I want to fight you!”
She unsheathed her blade and yelled out: “Nomimasu Hydra!” With a flash of light it changed into her sickle wave swords that Ichigo remembered. She ran towards him and he lunged at her, immediately you heard their swords clash and grate against each other.

Ichigo glared at his opponent and she glared back as intently. They pushed their swords harder against each other, pushing their feet into the ground.

“I don’t like fighting girls!” Ichigo said in annoyance as he noticed the one wave sword being swung at him sneakily from below. He jumped back and it caught his leg in a shallow cut. Ichigo winced but poised himself again and dashed forward; he was quick with Zangetsu in motion and managed to slice her arm.

“Well done Kurosaki Ichigo but not enough!” She waved her hand before him and suddenly he collapsed to the ground, she had done a Spell of Binding on him.

“What? This is unfair!” Ichigo said and struggled, she walked up to him and with her one wave sword she scooped up Ichigo’s head. She was almost set to kill him with one slit of his throat.

Instead she cut deeply into his arm, making him wince slightly: “Nobody gets off easy… nobody…”

She then turned around and looked at Rukia: “Try come after me and you will die. Look after Kurosaki, I like playing with him.” She ran off and jumped straight into the air.

Rukia ran to Ichigo to lift the Binding spell off of him, he didn’t seem to be able to move. Rukia was trying to piece the events together in her head; this mysterious girl was far too good.

Rukia finally lifted the spell and Ichigo was loose, he punched the ground in frustration: “I don’t like her! Whatever she is!” He got up and looked around; he tried to sense if she was still close.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


The bell rang for the end of the day and everyone filtered outside. Ichigo’s friends collected outside to walk home together.

Inoue had asked Midori to join the walk home; it was typical of her to want to make everyone happy. Ichigo wasn’t in much of a talking mood considering what had happened to him. Rukia, though feeling the same as Ichigo, kept up the happy charade.

“Fujiwara-san, where do you stay?” Rukia asked as everyone started walking.

Midori looked at Ichigo then at Rukia: “Past Kurosaki-san and Tatsuki-chan’s house…”

“You should invite us over!” Inoue said excitedly, she was overly excited by this new idea of hers. Tatsuki saw this and shook her head; her friend was a strange one.

“This is my stop,” Chad suddenly said and left. Everyone said their goodbyes and carried on walking. They now were walking alongside the river and Midori stopped. Everyone kept walking as she watched how the sun was setting slowly.

“Pretty.”

Midori looked to see it was in fact Ichigo who had stopped. He stepped down onto the grassy knoll and dropped his bag onto the ground. He proceeded to then lie down on the grass and just watch the sky.

Rukia soon realised he hadn’t continued walking so she turned back to find him: “Ichigo? We must get home!”

“I’m tired Rukia! Just go home!” Ichigo snapped back, he didn’t want to think about the day. He just wanted to sit there.

Rukia furrowed her brow and opened her mouth to protest and shout at him, but she held back. She would rather attend to the situation in her own way. She turned around and walked off back to Ichigo’s place.

Ichigo just lay watching the sky; somehow Midori didn’t faze him. He sat up to find her sitting a little distance from him so he edged closer.

“What have you been doing?” Ichigo asked her, he was tired of his own company.

Midori turned to him: “Just been occupying myself and wondering why… never mind.”

“What? Tell me?” Ichigo replied, he watched Midori turn from him.

“I wondered when was the last time you had smiled…” Midori said and felt a little bit of colour run to her cheeks as she said this.

Ichigo was yet again caught off guard; she seemed to do this frequently to him. He looked at her uncertain of what to say.

She hit her head and then rolled her eyes: “Gomen… I did it again didn’t I? I really have no tact. Gee, I am strange.”

Ichigo chuckled slightly and put his hand on her shoulder: “Hey… It’s okay. It’s a good question… I’m just not the smiling type.”

Midori analysed Ichigo carefully: “I think you could smile pretty well if you tried. There I go again!” Midori jumped up, she picked up her bag and just suddenly ran away before Ichigo could process what was happening.

Ichigo scratched his head and a small smile crept over his mouth, he found Midori slightly amusing now. He got up and grabbed his own bag; it was time for him to get home to his family. He wondered what Yuzu had cooked for dinner that day.


----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“Are you behaving?”

“Yes! Yes Captain! Kurosaki Ichigo is in my friendship circle now.”

“And is your natural self still well contained?”

“Of course Captain Aizen!”

“I am proud of you, you are not a disappointment and that makes me happy.”

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Qternal: Exciting isn't it!

Chad: Hey... is the shinigami really... gets door slammed shut

Qternal: evil smile Never mind him folks! I'm sure you can come to your conclusions by yourself! Please rate and review please!!!! Thank you!
Sign up to rate and review this story