Categories > Cartoons > Delilah and Julius > What we can't Ignore

1: All that I'm living for

by Trinda 0 reviews

Julius is called into the big man's office and is assigned to his hardest mission yet.

Category: Delilah and Julius - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Published: 2006-12-03 - Updated: 2009-11-30 - 1897 words

0Unrated
_______ __________________________

"Why haven't you told her already?" Julius was almost ready to explode with excitement and confusion. He didn't understand why Al was telling HIM this. It was Delilah who needed to know and he thought that she should have been the first to hear good news like this.

"Julius if only it was that easy." replied Al wearily. He took off his glasses and pinched the bridge of his nose, "I haven't even told you anything about who it is man!"

Julius's eyes widened at a sudden thought, "But I thought that it was tested negative. That they... Ms. Deeds and Delilah weren't related!"

"Not Ms. Deeds kiddo."

Scarlet walked up behind Julius and put a hand on his shoulder, "You might want to sit down to hear this sugar."
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
__________________________
All that I'm living for,
All that I'm dying for,
All that I can't ignore alone at night.
__________________________

Julius was speechless after hearing Al's explanation. The excitement had died out of him about five minutes ago when he had been getting the full details. Confusion settled in worse now. So many questions ran through his head but he voice one that was really bothing him

"So why are you telling me this?" He asked slowly pronouncing each word carefully as if he was afraid of the answer. He cringed as Scarlet and Al exchanged looks in silence. What was it that neither of them wanted to be the one to tell Julius?

Scarlet was the one to break the silence after a sigh, "You see kitten, the big man and I thought this over long and hard. We both agreed that well, since you and Delilah are close, like really close, closer than any other partners I've seen in- years. It was only fitting that she might take the news easier from you."

Julius gave Scarlet a that's-all look. He was expecting something much more than that but still, Delilah wasn't going to take the news easily, "You're sure the tests are correct? Should we maybe double check in case of a mistake?" Julius asked, he didn't want another mishap like at Orb.

"Double checked, triple checked, we check it over 5 times! We didn't want to believe it either man!" cried out Al.

"Does she have to know? What if we just ignored it? Pretended we never found out about this?" Julius knew as he asked it, that he's never be able to keep it from Delilah. Besides, knowing their luck they'd run into her father sooner rather than later. What would of happened if he told her, would she run off to catch up on the years?

No. Delilah would never do that. She proved herself loyal to the Academy and him at Orb's headquarters. He shook his head in disgust at himself for even questioning her loyalty.

Julius looked up from his hands to see Al and Scarlet watching him intently, "That's why." Scarlet said softly understanding exactly what was going through his mind, "She wouldn't want to hear it second hand from anyone else. Think of how she'd react if she realized we were keeping it from her."

He did, and he knew he had to tell her right away. He nodded and got up from his seat. "She's in the garage looking at the new motorbikes." Scarlet told him as he walked out without another word. This would be his hardest mission yet.
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
__________________________
I can feel the night beginning.
Separate me from the living.
Understanding me,
After all I've seen.
Piecing every thought together,
Find the words to make me better.
If I only knew how to pull myself apart
__________________________

Even though he had been walking at an impossibly slow pace though the empty hallways it didn't take him long to reach the garage. Julius started to wonder though, where were all the other agents? The bright sunshine filtering through the window caught his eye and he wondered no more. He figure that they were all outside enjoying the warm afternoon, what he and Dee should have been doing.

His hand rested on the doorknob, ready to turn it when he was. He needed to compose his thoughts before he was ready to tell her. Luck would have it though, and at that moment the door handle turned in his hand, not because of him, but because of the one person he was not ready to see yet on the other side of the door.

Delilah was surprised at first, but then a smile spread to her face, it was beautiful to Julius and he didn't want to be the one to break it. "Just who I was looking for!" she claimed and shoved a biker helmet in his hands, "Scarlet's been designing these new motorbikes and I'm dying to try them out. I'm sure you would agree that on a beautiful day as such, that they're just begging to be ridden!" she exclaimed quickly while pulling Julius behind her to a dark blue motorbike.

Julius ran a hand over the bike. It was so shinny, and he had just ruined his latest motorcycle a mission or two ago, a quick ride wouldn't hurt then. He'd tell her as soon as they got back, he swore.
__________________________
All that I'm living for,
All that I'm dying for,
All that I can't ignore alone at night.
All that I'm wanted for,
Although I wanted more.
Lock the last open door, my ghosts are gaining on me.
__________________________

"I take that as a yes?" she asked with a grin looking up at him. It was then he realized that Delilah was already in her biker suit.

"Right now?" he managed to stammer out.

She shrugged, "Now or never, before Al or Scarlet get us on another mission." Julius nodded in agreement despite knowing that they wouldn't be called on a mission for awhile. That was, at least until they knew how Delilah reacted to the news about the one thing she had been so desperate to find out. "You're probably right." he muttered distantly.

"What wrong?" she asked lifting the visor of her own helmet. He could see it was in her eyes that she was worried about him. It was obvious to her that something was troubling him.

"Nothing." he lied before tightening his helmet and turning on the motorcycle hiding himself from Delilah. She could read him like an open book and he didn't feel like sharing that specific chapter with her until he figured out how to tell it, "Nothing."
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
__________________________
I believe that dreams are sacred.
Take my darkest fears and play them
Like a lullaby,
Like a reason why,
Like a play of my obsessions,
Make me understand the lesson,
So I'll find myself,
So I won't be lost again
__________________________

They hadn't been driving for long on the dirt trails but already about a thousand things had ran through his mind. There was so much to telling Delilah about her dad. Her heart would be shattered to have her lifelong passion proven wrong. He saw now why Al and Scarlet had dumped the responsibility on him.

"Cowards." he spat out underneath his helmet enraged.

"What was that Julius?" Delilah's worried filled voice sounded in his ear. He had forgotten that communication was only a flick of the switch away and he must have forgotten to switch it off last time.

"I'm fine, but look. Is there anywhere we can stop?" he asked resigned to fact that he had to tell her eventually. Jay only hoped she'd appreciate him telling her this in a spot away from the academy, away from the ever prying eyes of the other agents.

"Yah but you know..." her voice trailed off and then in a split second and came back, "JULIUS!" her voice cried out suddenly. The sound grabbed at Julius' heart.

He spun his motorcycle to a stop and looked behind him. Where had she gone? She has been right behind him! "Dee? Delilah? Delilah where are you!" he called out speeding back down the path.
__________________________
All that I'm living for,
All that I'm dying for,
All that I can't ignore alone at night.
All that I'm wanted for,
Although I wanted more.
Lock the last open door, my ghosts are gaining on me.
__________________________

He had just reached the clearing when he spotted her about a kilometre up the path, but she wasn't alone. Helmet somehow discarded to the side and motorcycle nowhere in sight, Delilah was putting up a pretty good fight considering there must have been at least twenty henchmen dressed in midnight black on matching motorbikes of the equally black shade.

With no hesitation he sped towards the black throng surrounding Delilah. He watched as she struggled to escape, knocking two of the black cronies down. A mangled cry escaped Julius's lips as Delilah wobbled around for a second and then suddenly crumpled to the ground unexpectedly.

He was able to see why only moments before a flurry of tranquilizer darts, equal to the ones shot at Delilah, were shot towards him as well. Luckily he saw them coming from a distance and was able avoid all but one. One, it was such a small number but Julius knew it'd be just enough to render him useless. With one last glance he left. It tore his heart to leave her, but he'd be of no help, only a hinder if he stayed and became immobile from the unusually strong dart. He had a feeling that it had been created with him and Dee in mind.

Racing towards the highway he realized he wouldn't be able to make it without falling asleep, it must have been the tranquilizer making him stupid enough to even think so. Scarlet's voice drifted to the top of his mind as he recalled her lecturing him in Defence 101 "When rendered useless and you know you won't be able to outrun an enemy your best bet to blend in." or hide in other words. To Julius it was cowardly, degrading even. "Desperate times" he muttered to himself. If he was captured how would they be able to get to the bottom of this and save Delilah?
__________________________
Guess I thought I'd have to change the world to make you see me,
To be the one.
I could have run forever,
But how far would I have come
Without mourning your love?
__________________________

He had been swerving a bit now, even though he thought he had it under control. "Just a bit father." he forced himself to say. He had been going too fast, and the trees were all too close, leading to nothing but a predictable accident. Stumbling off the motorbike he found his way to a bush, fighting to get the farthest away from his bike as humanly possible with an injured and weak body. Finding his way to an overly thick bush, he crawled under it too tired to even feel degraded for doing so.

Just before the sleeping serum did its job, two strange thoughts crossed his mind in the dark hidden dark spot he had choosen, Scarlet's sure to kill me after trashing yet another motorcycle and Did what Al had told me about Delilah's parents have to do anything with this? "Dee," he
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
__________________________
Should it hurt to love you?
Should I feel like I do?
Should I lock the last open door,
My ghosts are gaining on me.
__________________________
Sign up to rate and review this story