Categories > Anime/Manga > Inuyasha > Never Again

Initiate! Bankotsu's Master Plan

by KaguraHime 1 review

Chapter Two: Classical Plays, Evil Rubber Ducks, and Rushed Preparations. In Other Words, the Initiation of Bankotsu's Master Plan.

Category: Inuyasha - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Humor - Characters: Bankotsu,Inuyasha,Kagome,Sango - Published: 2009-12-08 - Updated: 2009-12-08 - 1195 words

1Exciting
Chapter Two: Classical Plays, Evil Rubber Ducks, and Rushed Preparations.
In Other Words, the Initiation of Bankotsu's Master Plan.




After two hours of moving Inuyasha's possessions and organizing them in their new room, Bankotsu and Inuyasha finally got a chance to sit down for a break.

"What do you need all of this stupid shit for anyway?" Bankotsu asked, tossing yet another framed picture over to Inuyasha, who caught it hastily.

"Same reason you need yours... To live comfortably, maybe?" Inuyasha suggested, placing the picture frame safely on his bedside table.

Bankotsu shrugged, standing up on his tired legs to walk over to the kitchen table, where his cordless phone rested in it's usual spot.
He picked it up and pressed the number two speed dial, and upon hearing the voice on the other end, put on his innocently enthusiastic voice for her.

"Hey Kagome, you know how Inuyasha didn't want to take you to that special classical play you really wanted to see? The one that only happens once every five years that everyone's going to see?"

"Um... yeah..."

"Well I talked it over with him, and now that he knows about how interesting the olden times really were, he's changed his mind about taking you!"

At this point Bankotsu held the phone away from his ear as the squealing of an excited teenage girl came through the earpiece.

"Um anyway..." He said, once she'd quieted enough to hear him.
"So if you'd come on over, he'll take you to go see it, just as soon as he gets out of the shower that is. That's why I decided to call and let you know."

"Thanks Bankotsu!"

"You're wel-"
Bankotsu hung up at the sound of the dial tone on the other end.

He then walked back into what was now his and Inuyasha's room and turned to the silver-haired boy stretched out across his new bed.

"Kagome's on her way and you're taking her to that classical play she wanted to see."
Bankotsu stated, pulling his shirt off over his head and gathering his shower supplies.

"WHAT!"

------------------------------- -------------------------------
-- Scene change! --
------------------------------- -------------------------------

Kagome ran into the kitchen, hurriedly pulling her sweater on over her shoulders.
"Sango, Tsubaki get up! We're going to the play!" She announced, smiling widely at her two roommates.

"Wha..?" Tsubaki mumbled, pulling her face out of a pillow and nearly rolling off of the side of the couch.

Sango continued with her cereal, talking in between bites.
"Oh, so Inuyasha doesn't think you're a selfish bitch anymore?"

"Nope! And we're not breaking up, apparently!"

"That's great..." Tsubaki said sarcastically, yawning as she sat up and pulled her hair back out of her eyes.

"Come on you guys, he's gonna pay for us all!" Kagome said, trying to urge Sango from her comfy place at the table.

"He said he'd do that?" Sango asked, very surprised. "I can't believe he got over himself so quickly this time!"

"Well no... He didn't say that exactly, but I'm sure Bankotsu and I can talk him into it."

"Well in that case, I think I will join you," Tsubaki said with a sly grin.
She then flipped open her cell phone and walked off toward the bathroom.

Forty minutes later all three of the girls had finally finished getting dressed, and Kagome yelled a warning to the other two before she headed downstairs to the student parking lot to look for Sango's car.

Sango rushed Tsubaki out the door, open purse and black eyeliner in hand, and hurried out to meet Kagome.

"Hold up..." Tsubaki sighed, knowing Sango wasn't there to listen as she put up her eyeliner and fumbled through her purse for the keys to the dorm.

She reentered the common room and snatched up Renkotsu's leather jacket from the sofa, then hurried back out to meet the others.

------------------------------- -------------------------------
-- Scene change! --
------------------------------- -------------------------------

Bankotsu stood, pulling off his towel after having been shoved out of the bathroom.
"Gah, all that effort to wash up so he'll smell nice for a girl..."

He shook his head in the direction of the bathroom as the sound of running water signaled Inuyasha's usual rushed showering.

"At least I don't do it for other men!" Inuyasha yelled over the noise, hoping Bankotsu had heard him.

"You just shut up and make yourself smell pretty!" Bankotsu called back through the door.

"Better than making myself look pret- shit!"

Bankotsu laughed to himself at the sound of Inuyasha tripping, once again, over his many rubber ducks.

Bankotsu couldn't help but smile at how well his plan was working as he pulled on his usual baggy black pants and fastened his belt around his waist.

Bankotsu then sat, shirtless, on his bed and began brushing out his long black hair before beginning to braid it.

"I can't believe you told her I'd take her to see that dumb ass play!" Inuyasha fumed, emerging from the shower in a blur of silver hair and pale skin.

"Hey, at least you know that whatever trouble you were in last night is history."
Bankotsu offered, shrugging it off. "She's pretty happy about this play."

He ducked quickly as a rubber duck flew over his head, bouncing off the wall with a squeak.

"Of course she is! She loves stupid shit like this." Inuyasha mumbled, pulling on his baggy red pants over his black boxers. "The whole frikkin city is in an uproar over this stupid shit! I mean, who in their right mind would want to see some play about two loser samurai and their little girlfriend searching for a 'sunflower dude' in feudal Japan?"

Bankotsu shrugged once again, putting his purple silk tie on the end of his braid.
"It doesn't sound so bad to me..."

"Yeah, nothing that's gay ever sounds bad to you..." Inuyasha mumbled, rather than thinking it as he'd planned to.

"And what's that supposed to mean!" Bankotsu asked, immediately raising his head from his braid.
He fingered the silk tie nervously, a precious gift from Jakotsu...

"Nothing," Inuyasha answered quickly as he realized what he'd just let slip.
"I didn't mean it like that... Just forget I said it!" He called, hurrying into the kitchen to grab something to eat on the way to the theatre.

Bankotsu pouted slightly, staring off absently at the doorway Inuyasha had just run through.
"I'm not really gay..." He mumbled to himself. "Jakotsu's the only one who..."

He shook his head, standing up as the doorbell sounded throughout the small house.

"I'm not getting it!" Inuyasha yelled as he ran by Bankotsu and locked himself in the bathroom to finish getting dressed and comb through his long hair.

Bankotsu walked silently to the door, cautiously unlocking it as he suddenly realized that the person at the door could be Kagome...
Or his sorely missed companion, Jakotsu...

'If it is him I'm not ready for this!' Bankotsu's mind warned him as he looked down at his state of undress and lack of a gift to give him.

He closed his eyes tightly as he turned the doorknob and pulled the door open.
Sign up to rate and review this story