Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Reset

Head And Heart Throbbing

by Elektroshock 1 review

Emilie meets that mysterious neighbor...

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG - Genres: Angst,Drama,Romance - Characters: Gerard Way - Published: 2009-12-19 - Updated: 2009-12-19 - 744 words

0Unrated
Emilie composed herself and went to look out of the peephole. Honestly, she didn't feel like seeing anyone at the moment. 'Great, it's that creepy guy from next door' she thought. This time he wasn't dressed as formal since the last time she saw him. He simply wore jeans and a t-shirt under a jacket. It was quite relieving to see that he didn't look like he was associated with the Mafia, unlike before. Emilie opened the door and faked a smile.

The man on the doorstep took a deep breath and spoke. "Hey, um, you don't know me; I just moved in next door. But, you left your car lights on."
Emilie stepped to the right and looked past his shoulder. Sure enough, the damn lights were on. 'Well shit' she thought as she made her way to the car, avoiding the muddy puddles from the previous rain. After switching the lights off, she looked up to see the man still standing at her door. Suddenly, she felt guilty for storming off like that without saying anything to him. Quickly she walked back to face him.

"Hey, I'm sorry if I came off rude. My name is Emilie, it's nice to meet you." she said whilst shaking his hand, which was much warmer than her's.
"No, it's alright. I'm Gerard."
Thunder roared above them and the intimidating blackish-gray clouds looks like they would erupt with rain any second.
Emilie hugged her jacket close as a cold breeze rustled by. Not wanting to stay outside any longer, she offered Gerard to come in.
He hesitated for a moment until answering, "Sure, why not."
Emilie led him inside to the kitchen and started a pot of coffee.
"Where did you use to live, before you moved here?" Emilie asked as she flipped the coffee maker's switch on.
Gerard took a seat on the bar stool at the counter.
"Los Angeles, but due to my job I'm almost always on the road. I'm hardly at home."
Emilie rolled her eyes at how familiar that sounded. Gerard didn't see.
"You're married?"
Emilie turned to look at him. "What?"
He pointed to a framed picture hanging on the wall. It was taken on Emilie's wedding day with her and her then husband. She felt her stomach churn.
"Oh. He's my ex-husband. I still need to take down our old pictures." she said, making the anger obvious in her voice.
Gerard chuckled, "Join the club." He thanked Emilie as she handed him a cup of coffee.
"You've went through this crap, too?" she said taking a sip from her cup.
He shifted in his seat, "Yeah, it's been over a year now--" He was about to say something else when his cell phone began to ring. He looked at the cell's screen, "Sorry, I've got to take this." He apologized as he held it up to his ear and began to speak.

Emilie felt awkward listening in on his conversation. She assumed the person on the other line was a man, but she couldn't make out what exactly he was saying.
"Yeah I know, I've already got the material and I'll have it at the studio tomorrow."
'The studio?' wondered Emilie.
Gerard got up and swallowed the last of the drink. "Hey, thanks so much for the coffee. I hope we get to talk again. Uninterrupted." he said, emphasizing the last word loudly into the phone, followed by the voice on the other end to say something loudly back which made him snigger.
"Yeah, I hope so too. Bye Gerard." She really did want to see him again. It felt refreshing to sit down and talk to someone new.
Gerard was already half out the door and replied, "See you later, Emilie."

With only the sound of the soft rain outside and the persistent tick-tock of the grandfather clock, she felt alone. Like when her husband had those stupid business calls at midnight and had to leave her for days at a time. She was sick of this feeling.
"Fuck it." Emilie said to herself as she opened a cabinet and got out a bottle of Tequila. Eventually she crashed out on the couch, her head and heart throbbing.

----
A/N: Thanks for the nice comments for my last chapter. I havn't wrote fanfiction in over 2 years before this. Keep reading, reviewing, and rating, and I'll try my best to be consistent with uploading new chapters :)
Sign up to rate and review this story