Categories > Cartoons > Avatar: The Last Airbender > Magma

Eruption 51

by Mikari 1 review

Eruption 51: Cold Feet

Category: Avatar: The Last Airbender - Rating: PG - Genres: Drama,Humor,Romance - Characters: Aang,Katara,Zuko - Published: 2009-12-22 - Updated: 2009-12-22 - 1277 words - Complete

1Funny
Magma

Volcano II: Fire

Eruption 51: Cold Feet

Zuko didn't know why he held on to the hopes of actually finding Toph happily riding Epona around Lonlon Ranch when he knew that when it came to Toph, nothing was ever simple. "She's not here, is she?" Zuko concluded as Malon greeted him at the entrance to the ranch.

"Not anymore," Malon confirmed, "but I was expecting you, Toph knew you would follow her."

For a moment Zuko was relieved, "good, that means she told you where she was going so you would tell me, right?"

Malon shook her head, "wrong."

"Then you don't know where she is?" Zuko could understand if Toph didn't want to be followed by anyone else, but why not him? Weren't they having fun before?

"I do know where Toph went but promised not to tell. She gave me this information so you could find her in case of emergency, but that's it. Toph and I talked for a while, let's just say she needs some time to herself and there are several people she needs to visit."

"But why?" Zuko didn't like where this was going.

Malon thought about how to word it and finally replied, "girl stuff."

"What does that mean?"

"Sorry, can't tell, I've said too much as it is," Malon smiled, as if encouraging Zuko to read further into her words and get a clue out of them.

"Girl stuff..." Zuko repeated, Toph was certainly not concerned about girl stuff such as clothes, make-up and the like, thought in his sincere opinion, she didn't require any effort to look beautiful. 'Don't get distracted,' Zuko thought. 'Toph talked to Malon then went to visit people, other girls judging by Malon's clue, we don't know where Suki went, but Katara should be in the South Pole.' "Do you happen to know if Katara is in the South Pole right now?"

"Actually, I happened to hear Aang is visiting the North Pole and Katara is with him," Malon was surprisingly better informed than Zuko, which he should have found suspicious, but he played into the set up arranged by Toph.

"I understand, nice seeing you again Malon, I have to go now," conveniently, Lonlon Ranch was very close to a port, "do you mind if I leave Cielo here?"

"No problem, I'll take care of him too."

xoxox xox xoxox

The trip felt like an eternity, but Zuko finally arrived at the North Pole, he never did like the weather there. He was immediately recognized and reunited with the visiting Avatar, who greeted him cheerfully, "Zuko! How have you been?"

"Fine up until Toph ran off, where is she?" Zuko couldn't wait to find Toph and clear up whatever made her run off all of a sudden.

"I don't know; I didn't even know she ran away. Did you two have a fight?" Aang asked.

"Of course not, we spotted by Kyoshi Island to visit and were told Suki and Sokka had gone to the Earth Kingdom, we thought they would stop by the Bei Fongs so we did too, except Toph's parents haven't heard about them visiting the Earth Kingdom. Then while her father tortured me, Toph disappeared," suddenly, something clicked for Zuko, "oh no, what if Toph's mother tortured her and that made her run away? Who knows what she told her!"

"Wait, hold on a minute, slow down," Aang looked around the crowded training grounds wherehe was taking a break from giving an Avatar multiple element bending demonstration when Zuko arrived. "It sounds like there's a lot I missed out on, but maybe we should talk somewhere else, it feels weird to have so many people looking at us and making surprised faces all the time."

"Yeah, you're right." The next day, crazy rumors would circulate in the North Pole about how the heroes who helped the Avatar, Sokka and Suki, had apparently dropped off the face of the Earth, of the hidden villainy of the Bei Fong family and about Zuko's terrifying days of captivity in their secret torture chamber.

xoxox xox xoxox

In Aang's room, away from prying eyes and ears, the Avatar and the Fire Lord continued their conversation. "Okay, from the beginning, and don't leave out anything."

Zuko was still hasty to get to the point but summarized things as well as he could, "I was taking a vacation with Toph, we went to her parents' house thinking Sokka and Suki were visiting the Earth Kingdom and assumed they would have stopped by. They were not there and while we were at the Bei Fongs-"

Aang interrupted, "so Sokka and Suki ran away in a romantic escapade and no one knows where they are?"

"I don't know; the point is Toph ran away from our romantic escapade and I don't know where she is!" Zuko was getting impatient, and he tended to say too much when he did.

"You and Toph were out on a romantic escapade? How did you get away from all the meetings? I've had so much political peace keeping to do-"

This time Zuko interrupted, "Aang, focus! Toph ran off, I need to talk to Katara, right now, where is she?"

"In the South Pole."

"What?"

"She needed a break from coming with me to all the meetings and wanted to spend some time with her grandmother, so she stayed home," Aang explained.

"She tricked me..."

"Huh?" Aang was as confused as can be.

"I thought Toph came here to talk to Katara, but Katara is in the other side of the world, which means I didn't have to come all the way here. This was all a big waste of time and Malon probably knew all about it. Toph must have asked her to trick me, but why is she doing this?" Zuko paced around in exasperation.

"Malon is the Earth Kingdom girl from the horse ranch right? That was fun; I wish we could have visited the ranch for longer."

"I'm leaving, goodbye."

"Um... bye," Aang stood there staring at the door Zuko had used to hastily exit the room a few seconds ago. "I'm still confused..."

xoxox xox xoxox

Meanwhile, in the South Pole, "I knew this was a good idea!" Katara smiled proudly, look how relaxed Toph is now. "When I told her we should have a bachelorette party to help her get over her cold feet, she just joked about her feet being cold anyway because this is the South Pole, but look at her now; she's happy and ready to face her future life."

Aqua, another girl from the water tribe, shook her head in disagreement, "she just looks drunk to me." At least Katara proved her point of being able to enjoy drinking and gambling with friends, which was something the other water tribe girls were sure she wouldn't be able to do without constantly worrying.

Though Toph couldn't see, preventing her from playing cards, she could still throw dice, therefore gamble, and she was quite good at it, as confirmed by the cheering crowd and the chorus of "Toph won again!"

"Oh yeah baby, I'm so lucky!" Toph took the dice that brought her victory and kissed them, "I love lucky!" When the next morning came, Toph would not remember her unlucky words as she basked in a hangover.

xoxox xox xoxox

All the way on the other side of the world, another pair of cold feet turned into cold paws. Panicked, Zuko rushed back to Aang's room in hopes that he would somehow recognize him, being the Avatar and all.

To be Continued

Disclaimer, I don't own Avatar: The Last Airbender.
Sign up to rate and review this story