Categories > Anime/Manga > Full Metal Alchemist > Home.

Home.

by FancyFrancey 0 reviews

"I need to escape from the busy world... this is what I need."

Category: Full Metal Alchemist - Rating: PG - Genres: Romance - Characters: Alphonse Elric,Edward Elric,Pinako Rockbell,Winry Rockbell - Warnings: [X] - Published: 2009-12-29 - Updated: 2009-12-29 - 588 words

0Unrated
"Brother, why are we going home on such short notice?" Alphonse asked, his exterior armor shimmering in the sunlight. The two young alchemists were riding a train from Central to Resembool, a place where they called home; however, this was an impromptu trip, wherein Alphonse wasn't informed of beforehand.

"I told you, Al. I thought we could use a break," Edward answered, sunlight mildly touching his strong, golden eyes. He closed them lightly and continued. "Besides, don't you think Aunt Pinako and Winry would have missed us while we were away? Not to mention Den."

"Yeah, of course I think they've missed us, but brother..." Alphonse replied. Ed opened one of his eyes and looked at Al lazily. Al returned the gaze and shifted before he sighed and agreed that this was a good idea.

- - - - -

Winry Rockbell was a very stressed young individual. She had grown up with two other boys in the small town of Resembool: Edward Elric and Alphonse Elric. The town was relatively small, and only few resided in it. Since Winry doesn't have much to think about, she spends all her time on much simpler things, like walking Den and doing chores. But aside from these, she studies and researches much on mechanics and engineering, in order to provide adequate Automail for Edward's use. These made Winry think much about the Elric brothers, and what they've been through for the past few years.

Edward. He didn't notice the light tearstains which could be traced on Winry's soft and pale skin, and he didn't notice what Winry had applied to his prosthetic limbs unless Winry pointed them out. Because of this failure to open his eyes, Winry had felt that Edward wasn't coming home to Resembool to see the only family he left behind, but that he was only coming home for his Automail.

"Winry, I'm going to buy supplies, do you need anything?" Pinako asked, noticing the young girl on the Rockbell sofa, staring widely into space. Winry shook her head and turned to Pinako.

"No, granny, I don't need anything right now." Winry answered. Pinako squinted her eyes at the girl; puzzled, yet understanding.

"Are you sure you don't need anything?" Pinako asked again. Winry silently shook her head. Pinako turned the doorknob and left the poor girl in the Rockbell house, alone; which only made Winry think even more.

- - - - -

The train stopped somewhere in the early morning. Alphonse watched over his older brother as if he was older himself. Edward was asleep like a baby on his seat in the train...well, a snoring baby.

The few passengers were already standing up and evacuating the train, pulling on small suitcases and bags; and it was obvious that they didn't plan on staying in Resembool for long. This plain fact made Alphonse question the length of their trip themselves.

He rocked Edward lightly, moving him slightly but nowhere from waking him. "BROTHER!" Al said, volume in the tone of his voice. Edward woke up startled, his braided hair now frizzy and messy from the uncomfortable train ride. He evaluated his surroundings briefly before he stood up and stretched. He was home.

Edward looked at his suitcase beside the seat he had been snoozing on and picked it up, gesturing to Al. "We should go now,"

Alphonse nodded, following his brother out the train. The two young alchemists were walking in the direction of the Rockbell house. The two young alchemists were going home.
Sign up to rate and review this story