Categories > Anime/Manga > Full Metal Alchemist > Home.

Leave.

by FancyFrancey 0 reviews

even love couldn't cage the burdened soul.

Category: Full Metal Alchemist - Rating: G - Genres: Romance - Characters: Edward Elric,Winry Rockbell - Published: 2009-12-29 - Updated: 2009-12-29 - 593 words

0Unrated
Edward packed his suitcase. He and Al were only in town for three days, because three days were the only amount of hours Colonel Roy Mustang could risk.

Winry stood by the doorway, her expression enveloped in stress, anger, and disappointment. She didn't know that even if Ed had done that to her, he'd still leave her.

"Ed, I..." Winry trailed off, her tongue running out of words to utter. Ed didn't even turn his head in the slightest way. He carried on packing his suitcase, and he was almost done. Winry looked at him in awe, missing him even if he was just there in front of her. She knew that he wasn't going to be in her sight forever. She knew that he was going to be gone in a few minutes.

She could hear the suitcase close shut, and how it sounded when he put it on the floor. He sat on the single bed provided for the guests in the Rockbell residence, and looked at her. His eyes weren't smiling, but his lips were.

"Come here, you." Ed invited, gesturing to the wide space on the bed beside him. She ran to the spot he was pointing at sarcastically, and it was obvious in her expression that she was just holding back her bitter tears.

"Don't be like that, Winry. You know I'll come back soon. I'm sorry Al and I have to go, but someday we'll stay, and we'll stay as long as you'd like us to stay. Someday, when you won't have to keep an eye on my automail, and you'll only have to keep an eye on me." Ed said, her face in his hands. She nodded. "I am keeping an eye on you, Ed. On you and Al. I worry so much that sometimes it's just to hard to take, and I..."

She said, her eyes filling up with water.

"You have no idea, Ed... no idea how hard it is for me and Granny. We don't know what's happening to you two while you're away; or where you've gone. You don't even try to stop and call while you're pursuing that stone. And it feels like hell, how I know I won't be able to take care of you, when the time comes, and I won't be there."

"Don't worry," Ed smiled sweetly. "You know I'm capable of taking care of myself, and if I'm not, I'll always have Al to look after me. He beats me at sparring all the time, and it's really annoying, but then I tend to think that I'm lucky that way."

"Edward..." She said, wiping her own tears away. They stopped streaming, as she looked at her firmly. "I'll be strong. I'll wait for you. But you have to promise me... that you'll come back. That you'll come back and you'll stay."

"I don't really know if I'm going to stay, well, not at least until we find the Philosopher's Stone, but I'll come back, and Al will come back, and we'll stay someday. We'll live normally, and breathe normally. We'll finally be in tune with you and everyone else." Ed answered. "I promise Winry, I'll come back for you. Every chance that I get."

Winry nodded, giving Ed a light kiss on the lips.

She would watch him go out the door again; she would let him go again, like she did before.

They say that that's how you know if something's right for you.

Let it go. When it comes back to you,

then it's yours.
Sign up to rate and review this story