Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Midnight-An Epic Love Story?

Playing In Traffic

by SmashAuthority2 4 reviews

Stella has a plan. A wild, crazy plan. Can Gerard stop her?

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: G - Genres: Humor,Parody,Romance - Characters: Bob Bryar,Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Published: 2010-01-01 - Updated: 2010-01-01 - 1959 words - Complete

4Exciting
Welcome to 2010 guys! I hope it brings happiness and joy to everyone. Yeah, I know it's cheesy so stop laughing...

Also a BIG thank you to all the people who left reviews. I'm glad you guys are enjoying my stories.xx

I go home, pull out a tub of Ben and Jerry's "Cookie Dough" and settle on the sofa. Products laced with sugar always help me think. It takes me half a glorious hour to scoff down the whole damn tub but I have still failed to recognize what Gerard Sullen is. I throw B&J against the wall in frustration and turn on the T.V. The Lost Boys is on and I sit down to watch it. It is one of my favorite childhood movies, I remember watching it with my mom (before she started shacking up with random dudes) and wishing I was a vampire.

When it finishes I go upstairs to take a hot shower and think about the dastardly plan I am going to execute tomorrow. I chuckle to myself, wondering how Gerard will react when I do what I'm planning to do. Knowing him, he will probably burst an artery in rage but that can't be helped, I need to assure myself that what happened today wasn't a fluke-that he did indeed travel at the speed of light to save my life. I wonder if he has some sort of superpower, then disregard that notion-he's too good looking to be a superhero, to my knowledge they all tend to be nerds or horrifically scarred by some childhood incident. And from what I can see, he is neither.

Upon entering my bedroom, I notice my window is slightly open. I frown, I'm sure it was shut when I left for the bathroom. I hitch my towel up self-consciously, oddly I have the tingling sensation I am being watched. I peer outside, it looks deserted. All I see is a raccoon or maybe it's a rat, who knows? but the feeling won't go away. I get dressed in my pink pajamas quickly-a shameful secret of mine, and dive into bed. I fall asleep almost as soon as my head touches my pillow.

*

The next day I awake feeling refreshed and a little excited as I'm looking forward to putting my plan into action today. I get up and stretch my muscles, my eyes fall on my window and I freeze, it is halfway ajar. I know for certain I closed it completely before I fell sleep last night. My dad never tires of telling me stories of how people are most likely to be stabbed to death in their sleep as a result of leaving their bedroom windows open at night. I approach it carefully, childishly afraid something might be waiting for me on the other side, when I get close enough, I slam it shut quickly and jump backwards. I wonder what the hell is going on and when the hell I became such a wuss. I seriously need to man up.

I get dressed hurriedly and take the stairs two at a time as I can't wait to get to school. Dad has already left for work, I drink some juice as I can't really make anything without burning it. Once I nearly burnt one of my moms boyfriends houses to the ground, course I may have done that intentionally. Anyway, when I get to school I see Gerard's car is already parked in his usual spot by the entrance. I hop out when I am ambushed by none other then Chase, my wannabe gay husband.

"Stella! How are you?" he asks in genuine concern.

"I'm good man. Thanks for asking," I reply and side step him, I begin to make my way indoors.

"Must you be so....masculine?" he sighs as he falls into step with me.

"Who the hell you calling masculine?" I ask and punch him on his twig like arm. He winces and I smirk.

"You. Honestly, with looks like yours you could have half the buys in this school eating out of you're hand if only they weren't deathly afraid of you," he informs me.

"Screw that. I don't need a guy in my life. Plus all the boys in this school are wimps." I sniff.

"Not all, my love. You're forgetting about the Sullen's, especially that Gerard. The things I'd do to him if he'd let me....," His voice trails off as a dreamy look comes into his eyes. "But he's not interested in me."

I suddenly become more focused on what he is saying. "So who is he interested in?" I ask him nonchalantly.

"You."

I nearly lose my footing and go sprawling onto the ground, so taken aback am I by what he just said. "You what?" I say in shock. "How can you tell?"

"Oh please! Have you seen the way he looks at you. It's like he wants to eat you alive," he giggles naughtily.

I frown, why have I never noticed this stuff before? I voice my thoughts out loud. "It's because you're a lunatic who's always too busy getting into fights," he answers seriously.

"Is it my fault all the kids in this school get on my nerves?" I fume.

"So much aggression,"" he sighs, "maybe you should take it all out on Gerard," he smirks. "He looks like he can handle you."

Luckily the bell rings so he escapes the right hook that was coming to him. I walk slowly to my first class which just happens to be Biology, I am lost in thought. Does Gerard really have a thing for me? I've never been too good at reading signals. It probably explains why I've never had a boyfriend before.

When I get to class he is already seated and he's eyes are downcast. He doesn't look up as I take my seat. I greet him politely and take out my books. He mumbles a faint hello but still does not look at me. I wonder what has bought this mood on. I decide to ignore him, if he's going to act like a hormonal girl I'm totally not speaking to him.

As the lesson starts his behavior continues. Finally I snap. "Dude. What's you're deal?" I snap in irritation. "Is it your time of the month or something?"

He glares at me and I retaliate by rolling my eyes at him. After an age of him glaring and me rolling my eyes (they are beginning to feel weird) he speaks. "So did you have any interesting conversations today?" he asks me in an even, casual tone.

I frown, I've only had one conversation today and that was with Chase. There is no way in hell Gerard could know about that unless he has super-sonic hearing. I regard him carefully. Could it be he is trying to tell me something without actually saying it out loud? "No, why?" I ask him.

He shrugs, "Just asking," he pauses, "So, that Chase, huh?" he says with a smirk.

I look at him and my blood runs cold. I realize he does know about my earlier conversation with Chase and it freaks the crap out of me. He is still staring at me with with that same sexy smirk on his face. One part of me is afraid of the man sitting before me, the other part of me, the extremely horny teenager part, wants to jump on him and do things to him.

"Are you like Spiderman or something?" I whisper finally.

He laughs out loud. "Nope. Not a hero of any kind."

"What are you?" I ask trying and failing to keep the fear out of my voice.

"Whatever you want me to be," he smirks again and turns away.

"I'll figure it out in the end you know," I say defiantly.

"I really wish you wouldn't try, Stella. It could be bad for you," he says quietly.

"You wouldn't hurt me," I whisper, not sure if I really believe it.

He raises a cute little eyebrow and glances at me quickly before looking out the window. He mutters something in such a low voice I fail to hear it. I continue to watch him like an obsessed stalker until the lesson ends, he doesn't seem to mind the attention, in fact, he seems to be revelling in it. It is time for our first break, I have decided to put my plan into action right now. I am desperate to find out Gerard's secret and for some reason I believe this will go a long way in helping me discover it.

*

Most of the students are gathered in the car park as I make my way to my truck. I don't really care, all I care about is if Gerard is present. I glance over to his car and sure enough he is standing by his car but he isn't alone, the boy with glasses is with him and they look like they are having an intense conversation. I peek at them from the corner of my eyes and notice Gerard keeps shooting me little looks. They aren't lovey dovey or anything, he is shooting dirty glares in my direction. In fact, he looks like he is furious with me.

I shrug, at least I have his attention. I'm going to need it if I'm going to come out of this alive. I leave my truck and edge towards the busy intersection that runs alongside our school. I hop over the low brick wall that separates the school with the road and stand on the pavement looking out at the traffic whizzing past me. A sheen of sweat breaks out on my forehead as the gravity of what I am about to do hits me like a sledgehammer but it is too late to turn back now. I close my eyes and prepare to step off the curb.

Before I can take one step forward, a pair of extremely strong arms grab me by my waist and spins me around. I cautiously open one eye to find myself face to face with Gerard. He looks pale, well, even more pale the usual, also his body is shaking. I assume it is with rage because his eyes are slanted dangerously and there is steam practically coming out of his ears.

"What the hell are you doing Stella?" he hisses through gritted teeth. I notice for the first time how tiny and pointed they are. A bit like a vampires would be. "Have you lost you're silly little mind?" he asks angrily.

I decide to play dumb, it is not difficult. "I don't know what you are talking about."

"Of course you don't," he says sarcastically, "you were just standing here watching the world go by."

"As a matter of fact I was," I lie.

"So you weren't planning on crossing the road with you're eyes closed?" He demands in fury.

I stare at him silently. "How did you know I was going to do that?" I whisper.

He doesn't reply for a whole minute, "Lucky guess." he growls and takes a step towards me so we are inches apart. He smells delicious, though I cannot place the scent. "I never want to see you risk you're life like that again." He says softly.

I look into his eyes and gulp. "Fine." I stammer.

"You're playing a dangerous game Stella," he tells me. "You don't know what you are getting yourself into."

"What can I say, I'm drawn to danger," I joke feebly.

"You won't be laughing when you discover the truth," he warns me and walks away leaving me more confused then ever.

Rate and Review? It is greatly appreciated...
Sign up to rate and review this story