Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Comfort

Happy Birthday, Sophia.

by MyNameOkay 6 reviews

Sophia's father was murdered when she was six. Could that be the voice that haunts her?

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: G - Genres: Drama,Horror - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2010-01-03 - Updated: 2010-01-08 - 885 words

5Ambiance
Yes, I Know It Is Short... But It's The First Chapter. Lol ^_^
Its Pretty Much Getting To Know A Little Of Each Character
Let Me Know What You Think?






Saturday 12/18/2009

Today I turn sixteen and what did I get? This journal and the voices in my head telling me “Happy Birthday, Sophia.” over and over. I’ve never written in a journal. I’ve never expressed my feelings to anyone… except for HIM. I don’t know who HE is, but he seems to know a lot about me. Now, I’m not saying I believe in ghosts, demons, or even God, but there’s something. I’ve seen him once, when I was six. He was tall, well built, and blacked-out eyes. When I saw him he was wearing a black suit, black tie with a little red smiley face. That was around the time my dad was murdered. I tied to tell my mom that I had seen him, that he was still alive, but she didn’t believe me. Every night he tells me that he loves me. I’ve never said anything back to him, I’m scared to. That was the last thing I told my dad when he tucked me in at night.
It was January 17th. When my dad got home my mom would always start fights with him. I don’t know why he never left her. I can honestly say I hate her. That night he stayed with me in my room as I played with my doll. My favorite one was Rose. She has long black hair and the prettiest blue eyes you could possibly get on a doll. I had two other ones, but I gave them to my little sister, Amy. I remember I was upset cause my mom had passed out drunk while trying to hurt my dad, so he took me to the store to buy stuff for Rose. I got her a pretty back dress and a red rose for her hair. By the time we got back I was dead asleep. Then I remember waking up to my dad yelling. I checked the clock. It was 11:56pm. How do I remember that? It was the exact time my daddy was killed.


My tears hit the paper and smeared the blue ink. I look over at Rose. She still has the black dress my dad had bought her, and the rose was in her hands. I walk over to my dresser where she was sitting. I stroke her hair.

“Your almost sixteen yourself, Rose.” I smile and continue to play with her hair. She sits there motionless with the same smile she has had for ten years. Same smile, same black dress.

There’s a knock on my bedroom door. I hesitate to ask who it was. By this time my mom would be drunk, and violent.

“Sophia?” A soft voice calls.

“Amy?” She cries quietly behind the door. I open the door for her, she runs in with her two dolls and lays on my bed. I close and lock the door.

“What’s wrong, Amy?” She sniffles and hold up one of her dolls. One of her arms missing.

“She hurt her.” I take the doll from her hand. It was Amanda. Brown hair, hazel eyes, missing arm. I sit next to Amy and hold her.

“I’m so sorry. Do you know where her arm is?” She shakes her head.

“Oh, well, did she do anything to Alex?” She shakes her head again. Alex looks very similar to Rose. She originally had light brown hair but she wanted her to look like Rose and dyed it black. Not unlike Rose, she has blue eyes also.

“Oh, well. I can give her a new arm?” without her answer I grab one of the dolls my mom had given me. I hated the thing, just ‘cause of the fact. It was hers when she was a little girl. Her name is Sammy. She has cherry red hair, and baby blue eyes. She’s a pretty doll and everything, but everything about my mother I despise.

I rip one of Sammy’s arms of and grab my super glue. I take Amanda with great care and glue the severed arm to her shoulder.

“All better?”

“Yes, Amy. All better. Where’s mom?” her smile vanishes.

“She’s asleep on the couch.”

“Okay, hun. You need to go to bed. We’re getting up early tomorrow for church.” I say caressing her cheek.

“Are we going to visit daddy?”

“If you want.” She smiles and kisses my cheek. She runs out the room and into hers. I throw Sam on the floor. She lands next to the journal. I frown and pick up the notebook.

I’m about to go to bed. Mom ripped the arm off of Amanda. She’s such a bitch. One day she’s gunna get what she deserves. I know what she did to you daddy. I know she’s the one that took you away from me. Daddy, I don’t blame you for anything. I don’t know why you haven’t visited me since that day. I miss you. I love you.

I close the journal and set it down, and fall asleep.
Sign up to rate and review this story