Categories > Original > Romance > Moving On

Chapter 3

by RachieLouise 0 reviews

And when I thought form couldn't get any more interesting..

Category: Romance - Rating: G - Genres: Humor,Romance - Published: 2010-01-12 - Updated: 2010-01-12 - 1108 words

0Unrated
I walked towards the music room, wondering if Cedric would be there, or not. Entering the room I smiled.
“You miss me?” Cedric laughed, seeing the grin spread widely across my face. He might have also guessed by the loud sigh of relief that escaped my mouth as I saw him.
He was sat on a desk, with a guitar held out for me to take.
“Will you sing me that lovely song I heard you singing earlier?” He pleaded.
“I….It has no words” I mumbled.
“I could sort that” He grinned.
I picked up the guitar, and began to strum. We were working on my lyrics, when I heard somebody enter the room.
“Oh, so you’ve met Cedric?” Mr Jonesy said, as he carried a mug of coffee to his desk and sat down.
“Yes, we met this morning,” I mumbled, putting down the guitar.
”Cedric is one of my strongest students,” Mr Jonesy said. “He was the new kid before you came, and, if I remember correctly, he moves around a lot like you,”
I was curious to know why he moved around so much. It would be good to talk to someone who knew what it was like moving so much.
“You should be glad to know that Cedric is in your registration group Hazel,” Mr Jonesy said warmly.
I smiled “That's good to know, thanks sir,”
At registration, I rushed into the room, eager to see Cedric again. I didn’t know where to sit, so I asked Mr Jonesy where I should sit.
“I’m afraid there’s only one seat left, in the far corner by Ellen.”
I was disappointed that I couldn’t sit next to Cedric so as I walked towards my seat I looked around me, to see where he was sitting. Maybe he would be nearby. But I couldn’t see him. As the bell went I saw him rush into the classroom, laughing.
“Sorry,” He mumbled to sir, before coming to sit down. He sat directly infront of me, and the turned around.
“Hello.”
Hello again,” I replied, “Late?”
“As usual,” He laughed, before turning to face the front.
“He talked to you?” Ellen, the girl sitting next me asked.
“Yes…” I replied, unsure why she sounded so shocked.
“But he never talks to girls!” She whispered as Mr Jonesy started talking. “I’m Ellen,”
“Hazel Michaels,” I said.
“New?” She asked.
“Yeah, But this school is so big, I’m glad not many people noticed me,”
As I finished speaking, Taylor walked into the room, and sat at the end of my row. I glared at him. He saw me and grinned, leaning back in his chair arms crossed. He looked very pleased with himself, but I couldn't think why. Until Mr Jonesy spoke.
“Hazel, could you possibly move to sit next to Taylor, at the end of the row? We have a training teacher arriving tomorrow, and they have asked to sit near Ellen, as she is the form representative.”
“Yes sir,” I stood up and reluctantly collected my bags, and sat slowly down next to Taylor.
Mr Jonesy looked at me in despair. Everyone in the room was talking, laughing, and there was Taylor and I, sat at the back, in silence. Taylor was doing all he could to irritate me; clicking his tongue, humming, singing, buzzing, prodding me and flicking my hair. After another minute or two, Taylor let out an exasperated sigh.
“Is it impossible to annoy you?”
“I've had a lot of experience, you know being the new girl all the time,” I replied, turning to face him.
“That's a shame,” He sighed, sarcastically, 'How else can I get your attention?”
I saw him laugh to himself. I could guess what he was thinking.
“Anyway, how long have you been in Todmorden?” I asked, changing the subject.
“About two years,” he answered, “I lived in America when my folks were together, but then my dad left, so me and my mom came here,” His face fell slightly as he recalled the event.
“Have family here?” I asked, curious.
“Good guess. My grandpa lives here,” Taylor smiled. “Do you have any family here?”
“No,” I mumbled. Taylor opened his mouth to speak when Cedric stood up and came over.
“Enjoying registration?” Cedric laughed, completely ignoring Taylor, who was grinding his teeth from beside me. “Anyway, the band is coming over to mine, wanna come?”
“No thanks,” I declined, “Sorry, I have to go home,” I worried that Cedric's mum would react like mum did when I brought people home.
“No problem,” He answered, “I completely understand,”
“Maybe some other time,” I said quietly as Cedric sauntered back to his seat. I wouldn't count on it.
I turned back to Taylor, and saw him modelling a rather confused and shocked expression.
“You turned him down? You said no to Cedric?”
I looked at him, puzzled.
“Yes,” I replied, looking down into my lap, “I did.”
Taylor shook his head in disbelief. Wow, Cedric must be pretty popular.
He returned his gaze to me, “Where were we before dear Ceddy interrupted us?” Taylor smiled at me, flashing his perfect, white teeth.
“If I remember correctly, you were about to ask me something,” I answered, laughing to myself at his pet name for Cedric. They obviously weren't friends.
“Oh yes,” He grinned, “I was going to ask you if you were always this mysterious.”
I laughed, “Mysterious? Oh yes, of course”
Taylor looked at me in an expression I couldn't decipher.
“I was going to ask if you were always as rude as you were in Physics,” I said, raising an eyebrow at him.
His eyes narrowed. “No,”
“Is that, No – I wasn't rude in physics or No – I'm not rude?”
“Both,”
“How can it be both?” I asked, incredulous.
“I wasn't rude in Physics; I'm not rude,” Taylor answered.
“You said, and I quote 'What can’t you do? Or should I say what can you do?'”
“That was a joke.”
“Hilarious,” I muttered sarcastically.
“Well it's not my fault you're so uptight!” Taylor said, fists clenched under the desk.
“And it's not my fault you just aren't funny.” I retorted.
And that was the end of our conversation. I had begin to believe that Taylor was an alright guy; I was evidently wrong. The registration bell rang; Taylor stood up and left the room, without another word. That was one friend I was never going to make. As I walked toward the door, Mr Jonesy asked me how my first day had been.
“Interesting,” I replied truthfully, leaving the room.
Sign up to rate and review this story