Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > I'm Just A Girl In The World.

Show Em' What You're Made Of.

by shehadtheworld12 6 reviews

It's showtime. Go out with a bang.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Fantasy - Published: 2010-01-12 - Updated: 2012-07-31 - 2353 words

1Exciting
Chapter 2
~~~~~~~~

Felissa’s POV

I had excitement girding in my loins as next day came sooner than I prepared. I had officially met everyone on tour, except that prick Caleb who thinks he’s got one on me, I mean please. He’s so not my type and he’s just…forget it. I don’t want to bore you with reasons why I dislike guys. I’m not a lesbian or have a fear for penises, but after you’ve been screwed like I have, you would understand my bitterness. Though I must say, that Patrick Stump is quite ravishing. I like them shy boys…and oh my God, Bob Bryar is not too bad either. The things that man could do to me…wait what am I saying?!

A large jab in my side made me whine and snap myself out of my thoughts. I turned to see Darren eying me annoyed.

“What?” I huffed and whined again. His pokes are quite hurtful. I should sock him in the eye…

“You were spacing off again, I thought I told you to lay off my hash. Get focused.” he teased and I actually did sock him this time.

“Shut up. I only tried that shit once.” I retorted as he held his hands up. In more ways than one, Darren was my big brother. Caring, but a pain in the ass most of the time. The sound techs grabbed our instruments and began to tuning them for us, it was quite nice. I watched in amazement as people began forming a line for tickets, it made my heart beat more rapidly and I grabbed a water bottle to cool the burning in my throat. I played with my ID security had graciously made for me and I walked out our dressing room and down the hall for the hell of it. It was 1:00 and the show began around 3. We were the fourth band to perform. I hoped we did good. How embarrassing it is to have people possibly throw stuff at you while you’re trying to sing. I cringed as I recall the video of a certain Panic At The Disco member get knocked out a reading festival…but that’s beside the point.

“Hey Felissa.” Henry from Nightingale gave a wave.

“Hey Henry!” I called back as he turned the corner. He was pretty nice for being younger than I am. He’s like 18, just a babeh…oh me. Now if you’re wondering, I’m still fearful of all the dudes here but I have a made a list of my potential friends, and being the descriptive person I am, I did both lists. I did it after I went back to our bus yesterday and it was alternative to the craving of wanting to eat Aiden’s gummy bears…
__________
According to Felissa..

Good possible peeps =

-Henry and Charlie from Nightingale. They’re young, adorable looking.
-Zack from Amazing Apparatus. He has an accent, nuff said.
-Mark from Wasted. He’s my age and has his tongue split! Gross, but slightly intriguing..
-MCR dudes. They rock and fuck, they are gorgeous.
-Fall Out Boy of course. Patrick is ace. Need I say more?

Bad/ soon to be torture list =

Caleb. I wonder if he could walk with a fork in his eye…
Jack from Nightingale. He stares at me very freakishly…
Dane from Amazing Apparatus. He tried to explain to me why beer is better than a woman.
___
So yeah that’s pretty much all I have so far. I hope I don’t have to change things around, I’m just telling it like it is. I walked back inside to our dressing room and grabbed my stage clothes and makeup and set them up before the boys took over completely.

“Ugh! Dude have you been to the doctors lately?” Aiden asked Max who looked confused.

“No…why?”

“You need to make an appointment with a breath mint.” he replied and I stifled my laugh as I opened the silver case and pulled out my eye shadow. Mostly M.A.C or NYX, and how long I had to work to buy all of them. Makeup is rather pricey, which is completely unnecessary. Since I’m the only chick, I guess I have to do all the makeup myself…but I don’t mind. I had on just black skinny jeans and an Element shirt on. I checked my stage clothes and sighed. They were all pretty flashy…

I suppose I feel pressured. Pressured to look good from everyone, but pressured to prove my worth on this tour. I could sense the dominance of the guys here, and it was rather ridiculous. I believe I’m quite capable in doing an honest man’s job just as equally. This pep talk was rather soothing.

Oh hell. If I had to prove myself, I was going out with a bang. I scanned through the clothes in my suitcase and grabbed my Hello Kitty tights, my black tunic, my rainbow necklace, my Hello Kitty charm bracelet and my hot pink flats with bows on them. I figured now was a good time to start getting ready, so I walked into the restroom and changed in there. I don’t like the feeling of someone watching me while I get undressed, it’s just not cool. I slipped out my jeans and into my costume clothes. My costume clothes are things that are bright, loud, glittery, flashy, black, I suppose it’s my trademark. I like to feel different on stage. Now I’m just Felissa, but when I’m on stage I feel like someone completely new…

When I had changed, I walked out and rolled my eyes when Max made a whistle noise, thought I must admit I think I deserve it, because Hello Kitty is hot. I smiled sarcastically and reached for my makeup kit. What to do, what to do. I settle on blue, pink, and orange shimmery colors and apply them slowly but carefully. Lots and lots of nights staying home doing makeup while your friends partied, actually paid off. I grabbed my eyeliner and applied it to the upper eyelids and then the bottom. I finished up the rest and topped it off with my shiny lip gloss. It’s fun to be a girl.

“Sheesh anymore glitter you might just turn into a disco ball.” Darren snarled.

“Jealous?” I asked him through the mirror.

“Do my makeup!” Max yelled and I looked at him incredulously.

“Seriously?” I smiled. He nodded. I shrugged and called him over to the seat. This was a first if I must say.

“But not enough to make me look like a drag queen please.” he added and I laughed.

“Of course not Maximus.” I replied while he glared. I felt a sudden spark of art in me and reached for the silver and applied it to his eyes. I rounded it with black and then did black stars with a small brush. It came out pretty well. Max seemed to love it. He high-fived me then got up to switch his shoes. It was already 2:30 and my nerves began to pulse again. Pete had popped into wish us luck and I thanked him nervously. Nightingale was going first, and they played their set and it was surprisingly good. Heartless came second and I rolled my eyes as Caleb blew me a kiss before walking onstage like he just owned the damn place. I pretended to gag as they played their set which ultimately sucked. Wasted came on and I laughed when Mark moved both sides if tongue as he played guitar. I could only see half the crowd but the noise was enough to blow my ear drums. Oh God we’re next. Fourth that’s us. I take deep breaths as Pete finds me and points to the stage. I nod nervously and find Max and Darren stretching their hands and smiling.

“Damn man you see that chick in the front? She’s got a rack on her.” he whispers but it’s loud enough for me to hear, or maybe I’m just nosy. I punch him in the arm and he snarls, damn horn dog. I see the curtains go down and I start breathing again. I hear the roar of the crowd and suddenly my mind goes blank. My heart is pounding like a horse and I look at Max.

“I don’t think I can do this.” I blurt out.

“What? This is what you love, why the stage fright?” Max asked me.

“Because this a way huger venue than what we play! What if they don’t like us?” I whisper and he wraps his arm around me.

“Then it’s up to you to make them like you. Show them what you’re made of and rock what you got.” He replies and gives me a squeeze. I nod and he lets go and gets situated on his drums. I take my place in front of the mic and close my eyes for a second. I turn back and gulp when most of the bands are watching us. I smile when Patrick nods at me and I turn back determined to make this work.

“Get in the zone. Let’s do this.” I whisper to myself.

“We’re playing Definite first right?” I ask Darren and he nods. I nod back and soon the curtains open and I gulp at the sight of the people in front of me. So many faces and different styles. I wrap my hand around the mic and take a deep breath before speaking.

“How’s everyone feeling?!” I yell out and the crowd yells back.

“This first song is called Definite.” I smile and soon Darren starts out the guitar rift before Aiden takes the lead and then me. I sing out the words.

“The stars in the sky they shine so bright, dancing in the air I feel like I’m on ice.
There’s a million people in this room, but baby I swear, all I can see is you.
The way you move is absolute magic, I falling so hard it’s rather quite tragic.
The music blares and I start to swing, I’m feeling quite dirty when I see you watching me.

Take the lead and take me away. Hold onto me cause I’m slipping away.
Farther and farther into the abyss, tell me something honey, cause this is too good to miss.
Get higher, get faster, I’m a natural disaster!

Love it, feeling it, throw it all up in the mix.
Lights out, party up, come on baby don’t you stop.
Shake it up, shake it down, come on baby work it out.
Loving it, feeling it, boy you know it’s definite.
Yeah, yeah, yeah, it’s definite.

Rainbow skies, tired eyes, look at me I’m feeling high.
I’m letting go, feelings show, boy you know I’m on a roll.
Sing these words with my head held high, can’t you see me in the sky?
I see your smile, I see your face, I guess I’m in the right place.

Take the lead and take me away. Hold onto me cause I’m slipping away.
Farther and farther into the abyss, tell me something honey, cause this is too good to miss.
Get higher, get faster, I’m a natural disaster!

Love it, feeling it, throw it all up in the mix.
Lights out, party up, come on baby don’t you stop.
Shake it up, shake it down, come on baby work it out.
Loving it, feeling it, boy you know it’s definite.
Yeah, yeah, yeah, it’s definite.

Let go, don’t you know? Get crazy, get loud. This its what’s all about.
I feel great, I feel nice, tell me baby you how are tonight?

Love it, feeling it, throw it all up in the mix.
Lights out, party up, come on baby don’t you stop.
Shake it up, shake it down, come on baby work it out.
Loving it, feeling it, boy you know it’s definite.
Yeah, yeah, yeah, it’s definite!”
I belt out and surprisingly the crowd responds. Positively, I hope.

I’m feel like I’m on fire as we continue to play. I can’t describe it. If everyone back home could see me now. We’re three songs in and I start to sway my hips to the music as I sing. I quickly look back behind me and Max is smiling at me. I feel cautious when I see most of the guys watching me as well. I keep my cool and pretend they aren’t there as we finish up the fourth song. I ponder us playing a cover song, but save it for another night.

Our set is finished and my heart is still racing. The boys start to walk off before I turn back to the crowd.

“Thank you! We are Substances Of Things Hoped For.” I smile one more time before I run off and high five the guys. I feel invincible as I walked past all the bands. Just for full effect, I walk with a little more pep in my step as I smile at MCR and see Patrick. I smile softly at him and I blush as I run off to the dressing room. A downside to really hot stage lights? Sweat…

I still have an adrenaline rush as I reach for a towel and pat myself down. I manage to gulp a water bottle down as I hear MCR go on. Max is chugging a red bull, while Aiden is texting, and Darren is…wait, where is he?

Patrick’s POV

Oh my cheese. I think I’m in love…

Felissa’s POV

I sit down in front of the mirror and smile softly. Cause for the first time, in a very long time…

I liked what I saw…
Sign up to rate and review this story