Categories > Anime/Manga > Full Metal Alchemist > Look After You

Distant

by brynn_parker 7 reviews

...

Category: Full Metal Alchemist - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama, Romance - Characters: Riza Hawkeye, Roy Mustang, Winry Rockbell - Published: 2006-04-16 - Updated: 2006-04-17 - 573 words

1Funny
Epilogue: Distant

By: Brynn Parker

----

Hawkeye sat at the desk uncomfortably. This office in the East was smaller than the office at Central, and she was regretting coming here. Archer continued to give she and Mustang smug looks, antagonizing the Colonel whenever he could.

She expected that Archer had hired Lilly to take the photos.

The phone rang, and Hawkeye answered it. 'This is a secretary's job...' she thought, annoyed.

"Hello?"

"Uh...it's Winry Rockbell, may I speak to..."

"Winry?" Hawkeye asked, surprised. The girl must be calling for Full Metal...damn it, he'd been caught up in Archer's games and left a few days ago. "It's Hawkeye."

"Oh...why are you answering the phone? Wouldn't that be a secretary's job...?"

"Just don't ask," Hawkeye replied, "Winry...are you alright?"

"I really need to talk to Ed, it's really important."

Hawkeye winced again, predicting what the girl needed to talk about...Ed wasn't even here to talk to her. "He's not here right now," Hawkeye said carefully, not mentioning that he was on a dangerous mission to Lior. "Can I pass a message on to him?"

"It's kinda private..." Winry sounded really upset and Hawkeye lowered her voice, trying to comfort her.

"I know, if that's what you're worried about," Hawkeye said in the most comforting tone she could manage.

"Uh...tell him...can you..."

"Winry, tell me, it's alright."

"Can you tell him I'm pregnant?"

Hawkeye winced. If that boy got himself killed, she was going to make sure he went to hell. "Yes," Hawkeye said, "I'll tell him, don't worry about a thing. The colonel and Alphonse and I will keep him safe, you can be sure."

Winry sighed and it seemed to cut Hawkeye. She was so sad. "Thanks," Winry said, and then continued, "And tell him I love him."

Hawkeye bit her lip. "I will," she said, "Goodbye Winry."

"Bye."

----

Hawkeye put down the phone and looked up at Mustang, and then to Havoc and Fury. "Will you two please leave the room for a moment?"

Havoc raised his eyebrows but Hawkeye silenced him with a glare, "That phone call was very important and is only for the ears of the colonel."

Fury immediately rose and walked out of the room and Havoc soon followed, grinning back at Mustang and giving him a thumbs up. Mustang didn't return the smile, but waited until the men were out of the room, then turned towards Hawkeye, "What is it Riza?"

"It's Hawkeye at work, Colonel," she said stiffly.

"Is it about Full Metal?"

"Yes," she mulled over what she should say, "Sort of."

"Well, what is it?"

"Full Metal's too reckless to have the...ahem...new commitment he's got on the way."

Roy put his head in his hands and groaned, "The girl...I knew she would be trouble."

"So you thought that Winry would be pregnant?"

"After him going back and seeing her all the time, and them being so young and reckless...I was stupid to leave him alone. He wouldn't be in Lior right now if I'd have been more responsible and kept an eye on him."

"There was nothing you could do about this, sir," Riza said quietly, "Let's just hope he comes back from this unscathed."

"Let's hope..." Roy scolded himself for letting Ed go. This was just too much.

The best thing in the boy's life, and Roy had allowed him to throw it away.
Sign up to rate and review this story