Categories > Anime/Manga > Full Metal Alchemist > Look After You

Look After You

by brynn_parker 0 reviews

...

Category: Full Metal Alchemist - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama, Romance - Characters: Frank Archer, Jean Havoc, Kimberly, Pride, Riza Hawkeye, Roy Mustang - Published: 2006-04-16 - Updated: 2006-04-17 - 1224 words

0Unrated
Chapter 6

By: Brynn Parker (this is the last disclaimer: I DO NOT OWN FULL METAL ALCHEMIST!)

----

Havoc lay in bed for a while, pondering whether or not he should go into work. There had been a powerful alchemist and, more importantly, an extremely temperamental sharpshooter at his throat the night before, and he didn't know if he was ready to go back to work without breaking down in tears the minute they saw him.

He decided to go in anyway.

The minute he walked into the office, he knew something was wrong. Everyone there looked a little on edge, and Mustang and Hawkeye were both gone. He sighed in relief. "So, where are Hawkeye and the colonel?"

"The Fuhrer wanted to see them," Fury answered after a moment of silence, "Rumor has it that some...interesting photos were dropped off in his office last night."

Havoc paled, sitting down at his desk resignedly. Of course they were going to think he'd taken pictures of them, and he knew that if he didn't just stay here, they would hunt him down later anyway. He hadn't done it, of course...but who else could have seen them?

----

"So..." Kimbley murmured, looking out on the balcony where two custodians were scrubbing off the miniscule amount of gore that was left from last night's events. "Why'd you want me to kill the girl?"

"And leave evidence that it was me that alerted the Fuhrer?" Archer asked rhetorically, "Don't you think there are laws against spying on other officers? Or maybe laws against blackmail?"

"You're right..." Kimbley said, "Don't worry, I'm not complaining. It was merely a question. Now I know why you value my..." he laughed, "...set of morals so much. You're another person that would rather take care of things before a situation gets out of control."

Archer smiled a little, "Exactly Kimbley..."

"So what do you think will happen to the good colonel?"

"There will be penalties for what he's done...hopefully he'll be demoted. I hate to say it, but this might not be enough. The girl apparently got a little jealous and didn't finish the job." Archer looked up at the alchemist. "That's why I had you kill her."

----

An hour earlier...

Riza pressed a kiss to Roy's lips before opening the door. "You go first," she said, "I'll be there in a few minutes, alright?"

"I love you Riza," he said as he walked out the door.

"Don't let anyone see you!" she scolded, shutting the door behind him and laughing. Black Hayate was still a little perturbed by the previous night's events and was lying down on the couch after a sleepless night of trying to protect Riza (Author's Note: Don't think about that too much). "You might just have to get used to it," she said, raising her eyebrows at the dog.

A few minutes later she walked out the door and got into her car, still smiling. Thinks were just so...right. It seemed perfectly natural to be with Roy, though they technically hadn't been together for more than a week. She wished that it could stay like this forever.

----

"Good morning colonel," the secretary at the front desk said, "Wait a moment please." She finished the phone call she'd been occupied with and shuffled through some papers. "Colonel, the Fuhrer has requested an immediate meeting with you."

Mustang frowned. "Alright...I'll go right up."

"I'll tell him you're on your way," the secretary said as he walked away. This wasn't a good sign.

He took a deep breath before opening the door. "You can go right into his office," the Fuhrer's secretary said. Mustang steeled himself and walked into the room.

"Ah, colonel Mustang," the Fuhrer said, smiling a little but quickly acquiring a very serious expression. "Sit down, please."

Mustang sat down stiffly, gripping the arms of the chair. Even the Fuhrer seemed a little tense, something extremely unusual for the good-natured leader. "Excuse me...what do you need from me, sir?" Mustang asked.

The Fuhrer handed him a folder, his face grim, "Do these pictures mean anything to you?"

Mustang's eyes widened when he saw the pictures: he and Riza, kissing. "Sir...I can explain..."

"Of course you can," the Fuhrer said, cutting him off, "Lieutenant Hawkeye is a beautiful young woman that you've worked with very closely ever since the war in Ishbal. I'm surprised this hadn't happened sooner...but it probably would've been better if it had."

Mustang sat still, pale and uncomfortable. He realized that the pictures must have been taken by Lilly, as it was obviously at his house, but he didn't know who could have hired the girl to follow he and Riza. "Why, sir?" he asked in response the Fuhrer's statement.

"Seeing how close you are to becoming my successor, a scandal like this could ultimately ruin your chances of ever becoming Fuhrer," the older man leaned towards him, "Luckily, I understood that this could happen and am letting you off the hook for now. Just don't let it happen again."

Mustang nodded, at a loss for words. This was good, but it already felt like someone had ripped out his heart and stomped on it. "Understood sir," he said quietly, standing up and starting to walk away. He turned on his heel though, another question popping into his mind. "Sir, where did you get those pictures?"

"They were on my desk this morning."

"Thank you sir, I'll be going now."

"Good luck colonel."

Mustang's blood boiled as he went through a list of people who could have gotten those pictures and given them to the Fuhrer, but there were so many people that wanted him demoted that it would be impossible to find out exactly who it was. He knew he should be happy - the Fuhrer had just spared him a lot of grief - but now he and Riza couldn't be together. If they were caught again...the results could be catastrophic.

"Good morning colonel," she said, smirking at him as he walked into the office. Havoc glanced up at him, scared, as he sat down at his desk.

"Would the rest of you leave the room," he said stiffly, "Hawkeye and I have a very important matter to discuss that officers of your rank are not allowed to hear."

Havoc stood quickly, the others following after him without question. "Thank you God!" he said under his breath.

"What is it?" she asked seriously when the last of the other officers had left. "I heard you were meeting with the Fuhrer...it's bad, isn't it..."

"Lilly had a camera..." he said through gritted teeth.

Riza frowned, "Who...?"

"The girl that was at my house last night," Roy said, putting his head in his hands, "She had a camera."

Riza looked down at the floor, "So..."

"He's letting us off the hook...but if he catches us again..."

She was silent for a moment, and then briskly stood, "I understand," she said in monotone, walking towards the door.

"I'll still be watching out for you," Roy said hoarsely.

She turned, smiling a little, "And I yours...just like always." She opened the door. "You can come back in now, the colonel has finished telling me the Fuhrer's message."

Roy hid his agonized expression as the rest of the officers filed in.
Sign up to rate and review this story