Categories > Anime/Manga > Full Metal Alchemist > Separation and Reunion

Why She Cries

by brynn_parker 2 reviews

The SEQUEL to Loving a Dog of the Military and my Royai that's at Fanfiction.net. Very angsty, but it'll get better! Enjoy!!

Category: Full Metal Alchemist - Rating: R - Genres: Drama, Romance - Characters: Alphonse Elric, Edward Elric, Riza Hawkeye, Roy Mustang, Winry Rockbell - Warnings: [!!!] [X] - Published: 2006-03-16 - Updated: 2006-03-17 - 721 words

0Unrated
Separation and Reunion

"THE SEQUEL"

By: Brynn Parker

----

Author's Note: Alright guys, you're getting your sequel early, because I got this idea and I had to let you guys see it. There might not be another chapter for a while, because I'll have to get into more detail, so it might come out after the series (sorry!) but review and you might get it sooner...and if you haven't read the two prequels, they are Loving a Dog of the Military (EdxWin), and Look After You (Royai), so...GO READ THEM NOW!!

----

Listening to: "Come With Me Tonight" - Bob Schneider

----

He knew she was crying again.

Ten-year-old Alphonse Elric crept down the hall to her room, trying his best to keep quiet and wondering why she was crying again. He knew that a lot of things had happened after he and Edward had tried to transmute their mother that he couldn't remember, but it was still hard to grasp the fact that Winry was so much older now...

And that her stomach was beginning to swell with Al's own little niece or nephew.

He pressed himself up against the wall as he saw her quietly open her bedroom door and walk into the guest room. He followed quietly, watching as she heaved up the big black lamp that she used to shine out over the fields to call him and Ed back home and walked out onto the balcony.

She pulled it up onto the railing and Al watched, entranced, as she switched it on, looking out at the open land. He didn't make a sound as her shoulders began to shake and she put one of her hands on her stomach. "Damn you Edward Elric!" she yelled into the night. Putting the lamp down on the ground first, she sat down on the ground, huddling into a corner and squeezing her eyes shut, crying silently. Al began to move towards her, careful not to disturb her.

"I'll love you always..." she muttered, opening her eyes. Her sapphire blue eyes that were red from lack of sleep and crying met Al's and they widened considerably. "Al," she gasped, then managed a weak smile, putting out her arms. "You scared me."

He hated when she acted motherly towards him like this. He remembered when he and Ed used to fight over who would marry her; of course, that was impossible now.

Ed was gone, and Al was eight years too young.

"Why are you mad at brother?" Al asked.

She laughed; it scared Al, how bitter she sounded when she laughed. "Because he left me all alone with little Ed."

Al frowned, wishing he could remember the wisdom that everyone told him he'd developed over the years he'd been in the suit of armor. It suddenly came to him; he knew exactly what to say. "You're not alone, Winry. I think that brother would've wanted you to have someone with you."

She smiled at him, for real this time. "Thanks Al...but do you know how much work it is to take care of a baby?"

He smiled. "That's why Aunty Pinako and I are here too."

She hugged him and then stood up, Al following suit. "Al..." she started, her eyes still wet, "I didn't really mean what I said about your brother. I love him, and I always will."

Al grinned. "Good," he said, "You won't cry anymore tonight, will you?"

She rolled her eyes. "I'll try not to," she said, "Now go back to bed."

They walked down the hall together and Winry walked him to his room before going back to her own.

Images flitted across Al's mind - images that he thought were memories from the years he'd missed - as he drifted to sleep. Mostly he thought about his brother, who could be anywhere right now...he really did miss him.

"Come home. We all need you."

----

Author's Note: Alright then!! It was kind of a prologue...hope you liked it!! I just thought of it and I had to write it out, so there you have it, the beginning of THE SEQUEL. I'll post responses to all your reviews on Loving a Dog of the Military and Look After You later...so review, so I can put some other stuff in there too!!

Hope you enjoyed!!

--Brynn--
Sign up to rate and review this story