Categories > Anime/Manga > Full Metal Alchemist > Separation and Reunion

Look After You

by brynn_parker 0 reviews

...

Category: Full Metal Alchemist - Rating: R - Genres: Drama, Romance - Characters: Riza Hawkeye, Roy Mustang - Published: 2006-04-16 - Updated: 2006-04-17 - 573 words

0Unrated
Separation and Reunion

Chapter 2: Look After You

----

Listening to: Look After You - The Fray

----

Author's Note: A WARNING! This contains severe spoilers for the end of the series. I found out what happens so I could write this...because I'd found out a little and it was killing me not to write a sequel.

So if you haven't seen the rest of the series, and you want to wait to find out what happens, I suggest you wait till the series is over to read...sorry!

For all of you who are going to keep reading, the chapters are probably going to be very short for a while, just so I can get things started.

----

Riza leaned her arms on Roy's bedside, letting out a tired sigh. The past few weeks had been extremely traumatic, and Roy still hadn't left the hospital. She'd been there for him all that she could, but it didn't seem like things were getting any better.

Al was staying in Risemboul with Winry and Pinako for a while, learning about what had happened in the years that he'd been in his father's old suit of armor. The boy was so wise, yet so inexperienced; the Al that Riza had come to know was different. The Elric brothers of that time were gone.

Riza herself had been extremely "distressed" after she'd found Roy's seemingly dead body.

She'd promised him that she'd watch out for him; she was always supposed to be there.

She felt his hot breath on her face and looked towards his eyes, open again after another long nap. He smiled weakly at her. "That fight took a lot out of me," he said, smirking.

"You have no idea how much of an understatement that is," she answered, not finding the humor in his words. It seemed like he didn't understand the severity of the situation; as he drifted in and out of consciousness, he couldn't ever remember things he'd been told while he was awake.

"I'm feeling a lot better," he announced after a minute, a little unhappy with the seemingly stingy Hawkeye. "Riza..." he put out a hand, stroking her soft blonde hair, "What's wrong?"

"How many times have I told you this..." she said bitterly, shaking her head, "Edward's gone, Roy. Most of us believe he's dead. Winry's pregnant with Ed's baby. Al's back in his ten-year-old body, and can't remember a thing after the night he and Ed tried to transmute their mother...the government's in shambles..." She looked into his dark eyes, full of hurt and shock. "You've been drifting away for three weeks."

He pulled her to his chest with the strength he had and stroked her hair as she started crying, moved by the weakness she was showing. The sharpshooter almost never cried...but it wasn't much of a shock, considering how much she'd said had happened.

And he'd just been lying here the whole time?

"Riza..." he murmured soothingly, kissing the top of her head, "I'll try not to go away again for a while, alright? Things'll get better soon."

She pulled her head up slowly, breathing in deeply.

"So Ed's gone?" Roy said, looking at her seriously and trying to push himself up in the hospital bed.

"Without a trace," Riza answered, "Apparently things got pretty hectic with them...I've got information from Izumi."

Roy nodded, sitting up straighter, feeling his strength coming back quickly.

"Tell me more."
Sign up to rate and review this story