Categories > Anime/Manga > Death Note > A Door that Opens and Closes

A somewhat closer Realationship

by Lue95 1 review

Matt is still afriad of Mello but what happens when Mello kisses Matt and Matt has a flashback of a horrible memory of his father.

Category: Death Note - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Drama,Romance - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2010-01-18 - Updated: 2010-01-19 - 2405 words

0Unrated
Disclaimer: i do not own Death Note characters



ch 4: A somewhat closer Realationship

We had three classes together. Me and Mello. When i saw him i couldn't stop staring at him. He was just so fagile looking. Skinny and pale. He usually sat in front of me in my classes far away. And i honestly wanted him to stay away. I had nothing against him. He seemed very nice. But i was afraid of him. I was so scared that maybe he would hurt me. That he'd break the small piece that was left in my heart. I refused to be hurt again. I stayed away from everyone but mostly him.

He kept coming after me though. He'd find a way to talk to me every morning. He'd say hi and have a conversation with me. What amazed me was that when i usually talked to someone i was bored imeadently when we start talking and i end the conversation. But when i talked to Mello i was interested. He tell me improtant things and ask me questions like "how are you?" and i'd be able to awsner back and he was just so interesting. Everytime we'd talk we'd end up sitting down away from other people and we'd talk and talk.

It was one of times where we were talking. We were on the school field away from other people. We were talking about how some people reacted to Mello being Gay. "What do they usually do?" i asked sitting staring at the beautiful blonde laying before me. He sighed and he looked up at me. "Just some Prickish things. Like throw things at me call me faggot. Push me down. Things like that." I narrowed my eyes thinking to how my father did things like that. "Don't worry Mello." i said and he sat up. "Why? Cause you'll protect me?" he asked and leaned into my face.

I stared into his beautiful eyes blushing slightly. Thinking of what to say. Mello looked so innocent. He looked like he should be given everything good in the world. He leaned in closer. "Would you protect me?" he asked. "As a friend sure Mello you don't deserve anything bad i think." i said and he leaned in so close i could feel his breathe on my lips. "what about something more?" he asked and kissed me softly.

I blushed brightly. Not knowing what to do. This was my first kiss ever and it was with someone so beautiful i felt so lucky. And suddenly all my pain was gone i felt warm. and i wrapped my arms around his tiny waist and i pulled him closer. I felt a slight bite on my lip and i opened my mouth and was greeted with his tongue.

I kissed him harder pulling him into my lap enjoying the kiss we were having. We continued kissing till i could no longer stand not breathing. I pulled away slowly trying to keep the warmth as long as i could. I looked at his face and saw that he was also blushing and panting from our kiss. He looked so amazing. "wow....you look so....fucking beatiful." i said and he blushed harder. I gasped at what i said and i pushed him away from me. I stood up and turned. "M-matt?" Mello said and i breaifly looked back at him and i quickly walked away.

I walked across campus holding my scowl. When people looked at me i looked back and imeadently they were scared and looked away. I made my way to the bike racks hiding behind a building. I sat down leaning against the building. "Fuck...." i said closing my eyes. My pain rushed back and i saw the images of my father. Saying those horrible things that made me feel useless....worthless. Nothing but the thing that does chores. I wasn't a person....i wasn't an object....i was thing. The thing that had the name of Mail but everyone called Matt. I held my head in my hands. "shutupshutupshutupshutup."i said trying to make the thoughts go away. "Nononononononono." i said feeling my tears come.

i leaned back taking out a cigerette liting it. As i smoked i let my tears fall knowing this thing was a nothing a thing...and that's all i'll ever be.

~~~two weeks later~~~~

ELIZABETH POV


Matt hasn't gone to school in two weeks. He just lays in his room on his couch. He doesn't want to be bother or talked to. He has hardly eaten either. I felt so bad. Matt was my cousin my best friend and i knew that he was hurting inside. I was their a lot of times when my uncle attacked my cousin. And sometimes i was thrown in with it. When parents found out i wasn't allowed to go over to there house anymore and they moved. that left matt all alone....but for years i myself was not sure what happened to him.

All i knew was that Matt feared that people wanted something from him.....like his body or his mind. People acted like Matt was an idiot and he didn't do good on tests or anything like that. He hated the world. he didn't care about anything at all. So he ignored what teachers said and everything else. He was based on living for himself. And when people wanted something that didn't deal getting to know him....the real him it hurt him. His heart would break and it was so fragile that by touching it the heart would shatter.

I've been watching Mello for a while and i knew he liked Matt. I knew this and i allowed him to get close to Matt without telling him. Now Matt isn't talking and has locked himself in his shell....I needed to talk to mello no matter what.

I was at school waiting for gabby and mello so i could talk to him. As i waited everyone was bugging about something that happened hoping that i'd tell them an exciting story that would involve me making a fool of myself. When i saw Mello i walked towards them still listening to the stories people were telling me as i walked. "And so i slept about two hours last night because of my brother." my friend Devon said i looked at her. "That sucks balls. I remember this one time i like was bored so i stayed up all night just walking around my house and then at like 5 i tried to go to bed but i still couldn't sleep so i watched t.v. The next i went to class and fall asleep got detention and was sent outside."

Devon laughed and i came face to face with Mello."Hey Mello." i said and he smiled. "Hi." I smiled slightly. "i need to talk to you." i said and he stopped smiling for a minute. "um okay sure." The two of us walked away from everyone else towards our school field. "what is it you want to talk about?" he asked and i looked at him. "its about matt." i said and he looked down. "i know you like him." i said and he blushed slightly. "So are you going to say stay away from my cousin?" he asked and i laughed slightly. "Of course not Mello i have nothing against gay people you should know that. I'm going to give you a warning about matt, my cousin he is very afraid of this world. He thinks that everyone is out to take something from him. To hurt him."

"why would he think that?" mello asked and i sighed. "that's something you would have to ask. But be careful you can have Matt but you have to be careful with his heart. Hold it to hard it will break." i said and he just looked down for a minute. "see you later Elizabeth." he said and walked away from me.

~~~~~~~~
MATT POV

I was laying down on my couch face in my pillow. I needed....something. Anything to stop the pain that was going through my body. Then i heard the door open. "who is it?" i called. "Uh...its me." i heard Mello say. I tensed for a moment and pressed my face harder into the pillow thinking of our first kiss. "what?" i asked and he sat next to me on the floor. "I'm sorry...about the kiss. I wasn't exactly thinking....i hope it didn't bother you." Mello said and i turned my head to look at him. "No...it didn't bother me at all." i said and he looked at me. "then why did you run away?" he asked and i blushed. "well....i was kinda embarssed...that was my first kiss." i said and he laughed and leaned in closer to me. "really that was your first kiss?" he said and i sat up. "Don't mock me!" i said and he laughed again. "i'm not!" he said and leaned in close like before we kissed. "your really good at it," he said and kissed me. I blushes and pulled him closer.

The pain had vanished again i realized as we pulled away panting for air. He was blushing. "beautiful." i said and he blushed harder. "I Like talking to you Matt...and when i'm near you i want to be...near you not just by sitting next to you but NEAR you." Mello said. "that probably sounded stupid huh?" he asked. "No it wasn't...i like being near you to mello...you make it stop hurting." i said and kissed him.

When you've been in Pain for years and years then it just stops it's possible the best feeling ever. Just being next to Mello made it stop. We were sitting next to one another talking again. "So you've seriously never learned how to ride a bike?" he asked and i laughed and nodded. "What kind of Bad ass are you?!" Mello said and he laughed. "Well i did have a bike when i was little but my parents gave it to my big brother," i said rubbing the back of my neck and i leaned back. "Wow. I'm going to have to teach you." Mello said and he looked down at my face placing his hands on my chest. "Elizabeth said that all i need to do is take a bike and ride it down a hill." i said and Mello laughed. "Really now? Won't you fall though?" He said.

"Maybe but it wouldn't hurt....i think." I said and he kissed my neck. I blushed as he sat in my lap. "Your really hot you know that." He said and bit my ear. I wrapped my arms around his waist. Then he blew in my ear. I blushed uncontrolable. That's when i heard a knock. "Shit." I said and mello stood up and helped me up to get my door. I opened my door to see my little cousin Dannielle.

"Matt Uncle David's here." She said and i backed up slightly. "....Don't tell him i'm okay." I said and i put my finger to my lips. Dannie nodded and ran out the door. I closed my door going to the couch sitting down. "What's wrong?" Mello asked and i leaned back. "...nothing." i said and i closed my eyes going into the memories of that man.

FlashBack

I was only eight years old and it was before i moved when i lived next to my cousins. Elizabeth came over everyday to play with me even though i told her to stay away from that place. Espeacially with my dad there and my brother.

We were playing like always when my brother came outside to torture me and embaress me. "Mail!" he called and i walked up to him Elizabeth right behind me. He had a grin on his face as he pushed me down. I sat on the floor unsure of what to do. Then he pulled my goggles off my head where set. I stood up and jumped for them only to be taken up more. I jumped again and again being teased by my older brother. "Give them back!" i yelled and he kicked my chest. I fell down as i started to cry. "You want them?" he asked and i nodded.

I wish i had said no. He sat on my chest pulling back half of my goggles and letting go having them snap at my face. I closed my eyes as tight as i could as i was snapped at over and over again. When i started feeling the blood trickle down my face my brother stood up. "Stop crying baby." he said and walked off. I sat up sniffling and Elizabeth hugged me. "Sorry Matt." i heard her say and i start sobbing into her shirt. That's when i heard him open the back door.

He walked over to me with a scowl on his face. He reached down and grabbed my shirt pulling me up. "Why are you crying?" he demanded and i wiped my face. "Travis hit me and made me bleed." I said and he threw me down. I felt my body slam into Elizabeth's. The two of us hit the brick wall that blocked off a planter that was as high as our heads. My father smiled grabbing our arms setting them on the brick wall side by side. Then i saw him hold up a rock.

I could hear it crack. My bone in my arm crack and break as the rock came down on our arms. We both screamed as loud as we could and my father stopped. He dropped the rock and went back inside. I panted as i looked at Elizabeth. She was having an ashma attack. I grabbed her patting her back trying to get her to calm down. "HELP!" i called and i screamed it over again till i passed out seeing my aunt and uncle coming.

Flashback end

I opened my eyes my heart pounding. "What's wrong?" Mello asked and i started coughing. "Hand me my inhaler by my-cough- dre-cough-sser." i said coughing harder and Mello handed me my inhaler. I put the device in my mouth presses the button feeling air going down my throat. I pressed again and again finally feeling air go into my lungs.
Sign up to rate and review this story