Categories > Original > Humor > What If

From a Different Point of View

by supermnm 0 reviews

The same setting, from Kari's brother Matt's POV. :) He's the actual main character. NOTE: THERE IS GAY AHEAD.

Category: Humor - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Humor,Romance - Published: 2010-01-21 - Updated: 2010-01-24 - 509 words

0Unrated
To wear it or not to wear it; that was the question. Matt held the sweatshirt out at arm's length, scrutinizing it. It was a plain red sweatshirt with white lining, and an exclamation point drawn on the back with sharpie. Nothing spectacular, but nonetheless important.

After a moment of debate, the blonde boy shrugged and pulled it on, zipping it up. He pulled the hood over his head and grabbed his bag as he walked out the door.

--------------------

He reached his destination quickly, despite the lack of a car, and hurried inside, paying and pushing his way through the crowds of people. He managed to find a seat on the bleachers close to the front with a good view of the court. It was, admittedly, his first time at a high school anything (besides class, of course), but he figured basketball was fairly tolerable.

He looked at the scoreboard and grimaced. He hadn't realized he was quite that late. The game was almost over. Two minutes left, and it was twenty-three to twenty-four. Two more points. One shot decided the game, and it was home ball.

Carter had it first. Matt grinned as the boy made his way slowly down the court, passing it to Kaleb, who in turn passed it to Adam. They were set up all around the key now, and Adam had a clear shot. He jumped for it, and--

"Hey. You." The nails-on-a-chalkboard voice startled him, and he didn't have to look to know who it was. He knew he shouldn't have worn the sweatshirt. She identified him! He turned anyways, an irritated look on his face.

"Michelle. Always a pleasure." He deadpanned.

"What the hell do you think you're doing?" She growled, crossing her arms. Matt quirked a brow.

"Well until I was so rudely interrupted, I was watching my boyfriend play basketball." He smiled sweetly. "Is yours playing?" Michelle's mouth dropped open and she gave him the dirtiest look he'd ever seen. And that was saying something.

"No?" he continued, "Oh, right. You don't have one. You did, if I recall. But then I stole him. Sucks for you."

Michelle leapt.

--------------------

"That looks awful." Carter laughed as they left the game. Matt had a black eye and what looked like claw marks down his cheek.

"Gee, thanks. Just what I wanted to hear." Matt retorted, rolling his eyes. Carter smiled.

"Do you want to explain how this happened again?"

"Your psycho ex-girlfriend attacked me. Duh." Matt glanced off to the side. Carter smirked.

"Uh huh. Matt, look. Michelle's mean, but you are downright evil. What did you do?" Matt feigned shock.

"Why Carter! Why do you assume I did anything? I'm just an innocent child!" Carter laughed, slinging an arm around Matt's neck.

'I'd like to think I know you. And if I know you, you started it." Matt smiled.
"Either way, I sure as hell finished it. My face looks bad? Did you see hers?" Matt cried gleefully. "I sure do love chaos." Carter laughed shortly.

"So I've noticed."
Sign up to rate and review this story