Categories > Original > Humor > Around the Subject

Stage Right

by legacyforgotten 0 reviews

Anoki and Navi are chased by a rather impressive pitbull.

Category: Humor - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Humor - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2010-02-08 - Updated: 2010-02-08 - 835 words - Complete

0Unrated
This was impossible. Really! Anoki couldn't believe this was happening to him. He panted as he forced his legs to sprint faster down the street. "I thought this kind of thing was only supposed to happen in movies," he said, gritting his teeth against the pain blooming in his side from the sudden exercise.

"Shut up and keep moving!" Navi screamed at him from beside him, keeping up with him step for step. Growling, she chanced a glance behind her and came almost face to face with the huge maw of a tan pitbull with vicious teeth gnashing at the pair. "Oh god," she breathed in horror. Navi's complexion drained to a deathly paleness. "Run, run, run!" She yelled in terror, grabbing Anoki's arm roughly to pull him further with him.

"Wha- ?" Anoki began, turning his head to see what she had. His dark eyes bugged out and his eyebrows flew into his hairline. "Shit!" Anoki pumped his legs as quickly as he could, pushing his body to its limits. Behind him, he could hear the dog's angry growls and furious puffing. If Anoki was any less of a man, he would have wet himself by now.

"This is all your fault you know!" Anoki shouted to Navi, who partially turned to look at him, "The only reason he's chasing us is because your a fox and you aggravated him!"

Navi scrunched her face in anger and her eyes flashed dangerously. "Excuse me?" She snapped, "I can't exactly choose what I'm born as! It's his fault for taking offense to my walking by!"

"We never would have been in this mess if you hadn't decided to take this way! I told you we should just go the way we usually do, but no!" Anoki waved his hands in a broad gesture. "You just had to go down 'The Shortcut'!"

"Fuck you!" Navi growled in response. Anoki could not push the blame on her for this. Anoki had been the one who yelled at the dog when he reacted to Navi. He was the one who had angered the thing so horribly. "Look," she said. "Since, he's chasing me, I'll just lead him away."

Anoki raised a black eyebrow at Navi. It seemed like a good idea, so why not? After a brief moment of consideration, Anoki nodded to Navi in consent to her idea. "Alright, you take that way. I'm going this way." He motioned to the left for himself. Abruptly, he changed direction and began running toward what he knew to be a round about road to Boishington Academy. He grinned triumphantly at the idea of the Navi having to shake the dog instead of himself. It was time the bitch got her dues.

He nearly slowed to a stop when he noticed the pitbull was still behind him. He could feel its warm breath huffing against his legs. Anoki cursed and stepped his pace up a notch, glancing back to see the tan menace right behind him, his maw pulled back in a terrifying snarl. He hadn't taken the bait and followed Navi; instead, he had taken the apparently more appealing meat. Anoki wanted to sob.

Meanwhile, Navi looked over her shoulder to check for the dog. Seeing him gone, she slowed down to a walk. Her breath came out in harsh pants from the over exertion of the sudden run. Navi grinned manically; the pitbull had chased after Anoki instead of her. Her chuckle came out in breathy bursts. Navi spun happily, her arms spread to the sky in joy. Once again, she had beaten that loser.

"Suck it!!!"

-------------------------------------------

It was another two hours before Navi saw Anoki again. She was sitting in the courtyard of the Academy, munching on a bag of delicious rice puffs, when a haggard looking figure appeared on the horizon. Navi squinted her eyes at the staggering silhouette in an attempt to recognize the person. "Anoki?" She asked slightly disbelievingly.

Gradually, Anoki approached Navi, a limp in his step and his hair flopping into his coal eyes. He slumped down into the grass beside her, gritting his teeth against the aches present in his very bones. He lay there for a moment, an arm covering his face and his exhalations like sighs. Just as Navi was considering poking the vampire beside her, Anoki spoke, "You fucking suck."

Navi pulled back in mild shock. "Okay?" She murmured uncertainly. Navi leaned over the man, her red eyes as huge as disks as she observed him. She sincerely hoped he hadn't been hurt too bad.

"Never again," Anoki grumbled. His body arched a little, then suddenly went limp in exhaustion. Navi's eyes sprung wide open. She poked the raven-haired male repetitively with no response.

"Ummmm..." Navi's eyes shifted to the side. Slowly, she gathered her things and stood. She glanced back and forth between the road and the school. Hopefully no one would notice the dead body.... Navi forced herself to appear casual as she inched away, stage right.
Sign up to rate and review this story