Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > life ain't always easy

life ain't always easy

by themission 0 reviews

set in high school. Mikey's in love but she's wanted by most of the school. and the jocks aren't exactly helping

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG - Genres: Drama,Romance - Characters: Bob Bryar,Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2010-02-13 - Updated: 2010-02-13 - 1099 words

0Unrated
this is nothing like any of my other stuff, but i hope y'all will still like it =] please don't forget to rate and review! oh, and each new point of view will be a new chapter, so some might be kinda short xo





Mikey's P.O.V

Ugh. I hate mornings. I hate getting up to the sound of an alarm, and knowing that if I don't I might as well give myself a detention to save the teachers the trouble. I also hate the smell of food drifting up to my room from below. That'll be Gerard's girlfriend Beccy making bacon cobs for me and Frank. Well, when Frank gets here anyway. He's my best friend, the only person in 9th grade who'll even look at me twice, let alone talk to me, and spend time out side of the confined class rooms with me.

You've probably guessed I'm not the most popular kid in school. That's a bit of an understatement really. I'm normally referred to as 'that geeky kid with glasses,' or, 'that freak Gerard's dork brother.' Not the nicest (or most imaginative) people you could meet, but that's high school. Or at least for the cast-outs like me, Frank, Gerard, Bob and Ray. Gerard's girlfriend is the only person in the school who hangs with us and isn't a total cast out. She has a group of other friends, who are girls, and even talks to a few of the Jocks (only the ones she's known since childhood). In a way, we're lucky to know her-she saves us from a hell of a lot of shit where the Jock's are concerned, but even she can't stop them from stealing my glasses to watch me walk into the lockers, or Gerard's art work to watch him squirm, or Frank's guitar, or Ray's eyeliner, or Bob's drum sticks. Or even just stop them from using me as their punch bag. They gave up on Gerard for that when he started dating Beccy, and Ray and Bob are too big, then there's Frank, tiny in hight and build, but freaking strong! And he ain't even afraid to be vicious. So I'm the only one left. They take my glasses so I can't see, then hammer it into me that I'm a door mat. Fun.

I pull back the sheets as I reach for my glasses, then, once they're safely on my nose, I stand up to look for a pair of skinny jeans and my misfits top. After I'm dressed and my teeth are clean, I can't help but glance in my mirror. A few weeks ago, looking in it while brushing my teeth would have been enough, but ever since I saw Alicia, a girl in the grade above me, I've needed to check, and double check that each hair is in it's proper place.

I may be in the grade below her, but I'm taller, beating her 5”6' by almost another 3 inches. No one knows about her. Thank god. Like I could ever live that down- 'Hey, you remember when that Way kid got turned down by Alicia? Like she'd have said yes!' She dresses a lot like us, in fact, she's MORE gothy than we are, but she's more excepted because she's so beautiful. And that's not just my opinion. Everyone knows it. So she isn't gonna fall for me, some dork who can't see ten inches in front of his nose and loves comic books.

'Mikey!' my brother yells, not even trying to be quiet. 'Get your ass down here! Frank's here now!' he forgot to add that breakfast's ready and that I haven't had coffee yet. Oh yeah...he doesn't care about me.

I trudge down the stairs, making my shoes huff against the carpet as much as possible, before sliding into one of the kitchen chairs. Frank leans over to high-five me across the table, but I only respond half-heartedly today. I'm in too bad a mood.

'What's up, dude?' he asked, having actually noticed. But I don't wanna tell him about Alicia. He'll just make me talk to her, same as Gerard would.

'Nothing, just need coffee.' I reach for the pot as I say this, but he stops me, yanking it out of my reach. 'Hey! What was that for?' I yell, half standing up and going for it again. By now Gerard and Beccy had turned around to face me, and were both staring, making me uncomfortable.

'You're not having any till you spill about what's up. You've been acting strange for weeks.' Frank said, handing the pot to my traitor of a brother.

'Dude, you know we only care.' Beccy smiled, trying to make me want to say. I didn't, but it didn't look like I had much choice.

Sighing, I started from the beginning. 'Beccy, you know your friend? Alicia? Well, um, I uh, I...i Kinda...' I couldn't make myself go on. It felt so stupid admitting it to them!

'Yeah, go on,' Gerard urged, and I very nearly hit him. Why did he have to know?

'I, uh...fuck this. I like her!' I finally gave up, yelling it in their faces, and diving for the coffee pot at the same time. The shock of my statement made Gerard slow, and I managed to grab my precious drink out of his hands before he could stop me.

'You like Alicia?' Frank laughed, already rubbing it in. 'Good luck, mate. Half the school's after her.'

'I know,' I sighed, slipping further down my chair as I felt the blush sweep across my face. 'She'll never like me,' it came out as a moan, and the tear that snuck out of the corner of my eye didn't help me either.

'Aww, Mikes!' Beccy said, sitting down next to me and giving me a hug. I was glad she understood, and I could see that Frank did too. He had the same problem with Jamia. I felt myself smile a little, but that was fast wiped off my face when I heard Gerard explode into laughter.

'Little Mikey's finally got a crush! It took, what? Fifteen years? HA!' So what? I'm fifteen and I've only ever liked one other girl! What does it matter? Doesn't make this any less, or more painful. I told him that. He shut up pretty quickly.

'We're gonna be late,' I said as I stood up, downing my cup of still hot coffee.
Sign up to rate and review this story