Categories > Games > Resident Evil > Everything To Lose

A Sinners Prayer

by nikitarae1435 0 reviews

Category: Resident Evil - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Horror,Romance - Characters: Chris Redfield,Claire Redfield - Warnings: [!!] - Published: 2010-02-13 - Updated: 2010-02-14 - 661 words

1Original
Disclaimer: I, as unfortunate as it is, do not own any of the resident evil characters that are recognizable in this story.

Chap.2

"Steve, it's me Claire, don't you remember me! Steve you have to remember"

Claire was running from Steve but it wasn't the same Steve she had known 2 months ago. This Steve was different. He was a monster, huge and green. He had scales covering his entire body. Steve stopped running after Claire and looked at her for a moment before changing back into human form.

“Claire?” Steve asked.

“Yes! Steve its me.” Claire said

In the blink of an eye Steve was back in his monster form and he rose up his large claw and swiped at Claire.

Claire jumped out of her skin when the alarm clock buzzed in her ear. It was all a dream. She reached over and tapped the snooze button. She took a shower and put her hair up into another ponytail. She picked out a gray t-shirt, and jeans. She grabbed a light jean jacket and headed out into the living room. There waiting for her was Chris. He had a serious look on his face.

“What’s the matter, is Jill okay?!” Claire asked

“Yeah, she’s fine. You I’m not so sure about. Claire I need to talk to you about…Steve.” Chris could barely get out the last word before Claire began her protest.

“I’m fine, nothings wrong. And what about Steve!”

“Well I know that you still think that he’s, alive. But Claire, the chances of that happening are 1 in a million. Even with the t-veronica virus in his blood, its not enough to bring him back.”

“Claire don’t do anything that might put yourself in danger. Please, we already lost mom and dad, please Claire you don’t know how much you mean to me. You and Jill are all I have left.” Chris begged Claire. “Claire promise me that you won’t go looking for Steve.” Chris pleaded.

“I promise” Claire answered, almost in tears. She never broke a promise with Chris. But she already made a promise to herself. Nothing could change her mind now. Tonight was the night.

She would leave late and Chris won’t be able to catch up with her by then. Now she was determined. Claire got up and hugged Chris. Then she left to go shopping with Ashley. She got back around 3:00. Now all she had to do was wait…

Claire’s alarm went off at 3:30 am. She hopped of bed and grabbed her small backpack that laid already packed on her dresser. She had inside four aid sprays, a small combat knife (since she had to cross the border and she couldn’t bring a gun). She also had a black sweat jacket, lock pick, and her trustee lighter.

She wanted to wear something that would go with the weather in Ecuador. So she put on a tight fitted red tank top that just barely showed her midriff, and black skinny jeans. This way it was all easy to move around in. She decided that she better leave a note so that Chris could understand better.

Dear Chris,

I know that I made you a promise, but I know what I’m getting myself into. No matter what happens to me, please don’t follow it will only bring more danger to me and you. Also please don’t send Jill and the gang after me either. When I find Steve, and I will, I will be back to you as fast as I can. I promise, this time I won’t break that.

Your sister,

Claire

With that Claire closed the front door as quietly as she could and ran down to the parking lot where her motorcycle was parked. She grabbed the helmet and started up her bike.

“Steve here I come” Claire said just before she set off into the darkness.
Sign up to rate and review this story