Categories > Books > Harry Potter > The Name Of The Game

Nice To Finally Meet You

by nikitarae1435 0 reviews

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Humor,Romance - Characters: Ginny,Harry,Hermione,Ron - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2010-02-13 - Updated: 2010-02-14 - 781 words

-1Boring
Disclaimer: I do not own any of the Harry Potter characters.

The Name Of The Game

Chapter 1: Nice To Finally Meet You

The sun broke through the tattered drapes that hung over the window of the Weasley’s guest bedroom. Harry didn’t even stir. He just sat motionless, and awake in the bed. He had been awake the entire night. Sleep wasn’t an option for him anymore. If he fell asleep then the nightmares would soon follow, and soon he would have to see the faces again. The faces of all those who had died, Sirius, Cedric, his parents. Even awake he saw them.

Ron and Hermione had tried to comfort him all summer, but nothing seemed to work. They just didn’t understand how he felt. Harry had stayed with the Weasley’s all summer. Hermione had just arrived a few days ago, and was to stay until school started in a week.

This particular morning Mrs. Weasley had a special surprise in store for the whole family. The enthusiasm was killing Ron. It was annoying everybody else.

There was a light knock on the door.

“Harry, breakfast is ready,” Mrs. Weasley said.

“I’ll be down in a minute”

Harry very badly wanted to tell Mrs. Weasley how he really felt. He wanted to yell at her, and tell her he didn’t want to be bothered. But she was the closest thing he had to a mother. He couldn’t do that to her.

A few minutes later he heard Hermione and Ginny walking past his room in a fit of giggles. The laughter stopped when they passed his door. The laughter always stopped when someone passed his door. A moment later Ron, George, and Fred walked passed talking about the latest Chudley Cannon’s victory, but the conversation soon stopped as they walked passed his door. The conversations always stopped when they walked passed his door.

Harry drug himself out of bed and ran his hands through his tatty bed head. He changed into a blue hoodie, before opening the door and walking down the stairs. The Weasley’s were already fighting over something stupid, none the less. Hermione sat quietly watching, until she spotted Harry.

“Good morning Harry! How did you sleep?”

“Oh wonderfully, thank you” he answered sarcastically.

Mrs. Weasley handed him a plate full of morning foods. Everyone knew that Harry hardly ate anymore. He ate what he needed to stay alive, and that was all. Ron leaned over to Harry,

“So mate, what do you suppose the big surprise is?” he asked

“Dunno,” he replied.

“I think it’s a dog. Or maybe a dragon”

“Ron, don’t be ridiculous, you are not getting a dragon.” Hermione chimed in

“If Hagrid can get one, so can we” Ron retaliated

“I don’t know if you remember Ron, but Hagrid got that dragon off of Professor Quirrell, who just happened to be hosting Lord you-know-who. Oh yeah, there’s also the detail about how he got it taken away!”

“Oh yeah, bring that up again.” Ron said

“Alright everyone! I know you have all been excited about my big announcement. Well Ron has anyways.” Said Mrs. Weasley

The whole room was silent.

“Well I don’t know how to say this but…”

Just then the doorbell rang.

“We are hosting an exchange student, which will be going to Hogwarts with you all, and she’s at the door now.”

The room was still silent.

“A girl?” Ron asked

“A girl!” Fred and George said together, grinning.

“A GIRL! And where will she be staying?” Ginny demanded

“Well with you of course Gin” Mrs. Weasley said as she quickly headed for the door.

She opened it to reveal Dumbledore, and a tall red head with wavy long hair. With her she was carrying several bags. She wore a pink tank top with three buttons on the front, with a purple colored cardigan over. With it she had a pair of dark blue denim jeans, and black slouch boots. The girl was very pretty, and she seemed to be the same age as the trio.

“Dumbledore! Great to be seeing you again!” Said Mr. Weasley, getting up to shake his hand.

“Yes it is and wonderful seeing you all here as well” said Dumbledore, with a slight gesture towards Harry.

“Please come on in, let me take your bags dear” said Mrs. Weasley.

“Everyone I would like to introduce Danielle Smart. She came all the way here from Dalewood, Connecticut” said Dumbledore.

Danielle stepped forward and shot a perfect smile.

“Hi everyone, it’s nice to finally meet you. You can call me Danielle.”
Sign up to rate and review this story