Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Darling, I want to destroy you

Chapter Six

by Virginia_Madison 3 reviews

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: G - Genres: Drama - Characters: Gerard Way - Published: 2010-02-16 - Updated: 2010-02-16 - 1363 words - Complete

0Unrated
Over the next few weeks, every shift that I had was with Gerard. I thought it was little a odd, but I didn’t complain. He was no longer mean to me, instead he was really nice and talkative. We got along like a house on fire and I learnt so much about him. He married his high school crush, Lindsay, and together they have a two year old daughter named Bandit, who he always referred to as B. He had a photo of her in his wallet and he would flash it to me any chance he had. He had been working at the Hilton airport for over 5 years now and knows the place inside out.

We always spent out breaks together. We spent the time getting coffee and smoking as many cigarettes that we could within the 30 minute time frame. While I learnt about his life, he also asked me questions about mine. I told him that I live on my own, though since taking this job my boyfriend, Damien, seemed to become part of the wallpaper. I told him I had been with Damien for about six months and that my two cats I treat as my two daughters. He was shocked to learn that I was only 24. ‘I thought you were so much more older. Those thoughts I’ve had about you are almost illegal’ he joked. When he wasn’t asking me questions about my life away from work, he would flirt with me, and do so in a very dangerous manner. I know I should stop him from saying such hot and dirty things, but his words sent a spark through me which I hadn’t felt in such a long time.

I was in my fourth week of being with the Hilton team when the finally blessed me with their uniform. It was a black skirt with a white shirt, embedded with the Hilton logo. There was also a black blazer to match. It would have been an alright uniform except for the fact that I had to wear this ridiculous black and white scarf around my neck. And that was mandatory. I completed the outfit by donning a pair of black pantyhose along with some high heeled shoes. I sighed as I looked at the reflection staring back at me. I looked like an idiot. Especially with the ridiculous scarf tied around my neck. Me and dress scarves are just not a good mix.

When I pulled into the work car park, I saw Gerard leaning up against his car with a cigarette in hand. He smiled at me as I waved to him. I checked my make up in the rear view mirror and exited my car. I started walking towards him when he let out a loud wolf whistle ‘My my my look at you Virginia. Wow. I’m actually lost for words.’

‘Oh get over it Gerard. I look like a dork in this thing,’ I said as I pulled at the hem of my skirt, ‘I can’t wait to get home and take it off.’

‘I’ll take you home and take it off.’

‘Shut up Gerard’ and I playfully hit him in the chest. He pulled me in towards his body and gave me a big bear hug.

‘Actually, I’d make you leave the skirt on’ he whispered into my ear. I let go of him and he saw that my cheeks were bright red. ‘Vee I don’t know what I would without you.’

‘I’m sure you could think of plenty of things you could do without me.’ I murmured as I fondling around my handbag looking for a lighter. Suddenly a flame appeared at the end of my cigarette.

‘Yeah I guess you are right, but things are more fun now that you are around.’

‘Oh really? How so?’

‘Well now I have an even better reason to come to work other than the money.’ He said as he looked me up and down.

‘What little old me makes this place fun?’

‘Well not really but in that uniform you do. You look really good and I mean really good in uniform.’ He gave me a wink as he stepped on his cigarette butt and we started walking towards the staff entrance.

As soon as we walked behind the reception desk, we didn’t get a chance to exchange another word with one another until our break came because we were so busy. I was with my last guest before my break and Gerard had snuck into the back office to avoid dealing with another check-in. Eventually I managed to wish my guest a pleasant stay and as soon as her back was turned Gerard grabbed hold of my hand and pulled me away from the desk.

‘You’re cute when you talk to guests’ He said as we started making our way to our favourite coffee shop in the airport.

‘And you’re an idiot when you talk to guests.’ We both laughed as we waited in line.

‘Ahh Gerard and Virginia, the usual I will assume?’ Liam was the owner of the little coffee stand and knew our order by heart. He always greeted us with a warm welcoming smile when we arrived at his counted.

‘Actually, can I add some sugar to mine today Liam?’

‘Oh but of course, but why? You are a sweet little girl already.’

I let out a little giggle and blushed a little ‘I think I need a little extra today?’

He handed us our coffees and we headed outside. We just managed to sit down when Gerard’s cell phone went off. It was Lindsay.

‘Hi Hun, how’s your day going? I hope B isn’t giving you to much grief.’ He chatted away with his wife as I pretended to be interested in my cell phone. Suddenly I jumped as it vibrated in my hand. A message and come through and it was from Damien. ‘In hospital. No big deal. Hopefully out tonight. Don’t stress. Be good.’
‘Oh my god’ I said in shock as I immediately called him back. ‘Oh my god are you okay? What happened? Where are you? Do you want me to come see you? No you don’t have a choice I’m coming to see you? My poor baby.’

‘Bub, calm down. I’m at the general hospital in the city. Just sliced my hand at work. It’s no big deal, don’t worry about coming down I will be fine.’

‘I’m coming to see you. You don’t have a choice I will be there soon.’ I shut the phone and tears began to well in the corner of my eyes. I didn’t realise but Gerard had gotten off the phone from his wife and was staring at me intently. He could see the water building up in my eyes. He had crouched down in front of me and rested his hands on my knees as looked up at me. ‘What’s wrong Vee? What’s going on?’

‘It’s Damien, his in hospital.’

‘Why?’ I couldn’t get it out the tears had taken over and I could no longer breathe properly. I bent my head down towards my lap in a pathetic attempt to prevent Gerard from seeing me cry. ‘Did you want me to take you to the hospital?’ I nodded sheepishly as he ran a hand down my back.

He waited till I settled down before lifting me up off the bench and walking me towards his car. He opened the door and let me in. He said he was just going to run into the Hotel to explain to Ray what was going on and then we would be on our way.

True to his word he returned 5 minutes later and we were heading towards the city. I remained silent the whole time to the hospital. In between whimpers I managed to let him know that we needed to get to the General Hospital. I kept my arms wrapt around my body as I stared out the window.
Sign up to rate and review this story