Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Darling, I want to destroy you

Chapter Seven

by Virginia_Madison 5 reviews

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: G - Genres: Drama - Characters: Gerard Way - Published: 2010-02-17 - Updated: 2010-02-17 - 1405 words - Complete

0Unrated
We arrived at the hospital and I realised I had no idea where I had to go. Gerard lead me toward the information desk and I practically screamed at the lady asking where Damien Hunt was. She babbled something about a ward that I didn’t understand, but thankfully Gerard did. He grabbed my hand and directed me towards the lifts. As the elevator doors opened at Level 7 Gerard told me that he was in bed 15.

I jogged down the corridor counting the rooms as I went passed them. Eventually I got to room 15. I paused for a moment and took a deep breath. I walked into the room and saw my man looking so little in the white hospital bed.

‘Oh baby.’ I exclaimed as I ran up to him and wrapped my arms around his neck.

‘Wha… what are you doing here?’ I let go of his neck and took a step back.

‘I told you that I was going to come down. Aren’t you glad to see me?’

‘Uh, yeah of course I am babe. Come here.’ I leaned in towards him and placed a kiss on his lips.

‘A-hem.’ Gerard was standing the doorway, clearing his throat, and clearly waiting to be introduced.

‘Oh babe, this is Gerard, a work mate of mine.’ Gerard entered the room and shook Damien’s good hand.

‘It’s a pleasure to meet you. Though I do wish it was under better circumstances.’ He tilted his head towards Damien’s bandaged hand.

‘Well I feel terrible that you guys made the trip out here. It really is no big deal.’

‘No big deal babe? They have admitted you. You are in a ward, and they have a drip hooked up to you, I think it is a big deal.’ I started to feel the tears begin to pool again. Gerard took a step towards to me, but changed his mind and stayed standing at the foot of the bed.

‘Aww bub, don’t cry. Come here.’ I hopped onto the bed straddling his legs and he pulled me in for a hug. As he let go he push me back a little and looked me up and down. ‘Wow Virginia, you look stunning in your uniform.’ He ran his hand up my thy.

‘Damien, we have company.’ I whispered.

‘And I’m jealous he gets to see you like this every day.’ His hand left my thy and started fondling with the buttons on my shirt. I pulled myself off his bed and stood beside the bed. I straightened up my uniform and tried to hide my red face.

Damien didn’t seem to impressed with my sudden departure from his lap. ‘Babe do you think you could get me a coffee?’

‘Sure thing hun. I’ll be back in a moment.’ I made my way out the door. Gerard followed close behind me. ‘I’m sorry that you had to witness that.’

He just shrugged his shoulders as he showed me the way to the cafeteria. ‘Hey Vee, I’m going to duck out for a smoke. Will you be alright getting back to the room and I’ll meet you there?’ I nodded and waited in line.

Eventually I got to the cashier. ‘Can I please get a latte, with three sugars, a shot of vanilla and not to hot please.’

‘That’s odd.’ the cashier remarked as she took my money.

‘What’s odd?’

‘I just made the same type of coffee about 10 minutes ago, must be the drink of the day.’

‘Wow that is odd, I thought my boyfriend was the only lunatic who liked his coffee like that.’ We both laughed as she handed me the coffee.

I made my way back towards Damien’s room and Gerard was leaning against the wall next to Damien’s door. ‘Why aren’t you in the room?’

‘I… um thought… I’m just not comfortable, not knowing him and all.’

‘You are a dork aren’t you!’ I grabbed his arm and dragged him into the room with me. ‘Here you go babe, just as you like it.’ I handed Damien his coffee as Gerard took a seat in the far corner of the room. Damien sipped at his coffee and held my hand while Gerard stared daggers at him. An uncomfortable silence filled the air. Thankfully a nurse walked in to look at Damien’s hand.

‘Hi guys, I just need to redress Damien’s bandage and give administer some medication. It’s a pretty nasty site. You can stay if you like or wait in the hall. Shouldn’t take to long.’

‘Um blood and I aren’t a good combination.’

‘Maybe you should go bub. I will be fine. I will call you when they discharge me and you can pick me up.’

‘Yeah ok, we will do that.’ I leaned in went to give him a kiss on the lips but he moved his head and I only managed a peck on the lips. I looked over at Gerard and he was already standing and waiting by the door. When I caught up with him I looked back at Damien but he was to busy engaging in conversation with the nurse to notice my small wave.

Gerard and I walked back to the car in silence. It wasn’t until we were in the safety of his car that I spoke up. ‘What was up with you back there? You looked as though you didn’t want to be there.’

‘Honestly Vee, I don’t like him.’

‘Well I can understand that, not everyone is fond of hospital’s. They give me the shivers to at the best of times.’

‘Your not listening to me Vee, I said I don’t like him. I’m sorry but I don’t like Damien.’

‘What do you mean you don’t like him? You haven’t even meet him properly. You can’t judge him based on that short visit.’ I had raised my voiced and was nearly yelling at him. ‘His in hospital for fucks sake.’

‘His cheating on you.’

‘Come again?’

Gerard cleared his throat ‘His cheating on you.’

This time I was yelling. ‘Gerard, I know you have some sick twisted fantasy in your head where you think you can be with me and your wife, and possibly both at the same time, but lying about Damien cheating on me? That’s just low and fucked up.’ I didn’t realise, but he had pulled over into the emergency lane on the highway.

‘Virginia, listen to me.’ I rolled my eyes and looked out the window. ‘Do you want to know why I was waiting outside in the hall when you came back with his coffee?’ I didn’t answer, I just kept glaring out the window. ‘Because I walked into his room and there was another girl in there with him.’

‘So it could have been a friend of his.’

‘I don’t think I have seen many friends kiss the way they were.’ I couldn’t take it anymore. I opened the door and got out of the car, slamming the door. I stood on the garden bed with my back to the car. ’FUCK’ I screamed out and the tears started streaming down my cheeks as I held onto my body. My crying become violent and I started to shake uncontrollable. I crouched down to the grass to try and control my breathing. I couldn’t hold my shaking form upright anymore and fell onto my knees. I started ripping out the grass in front of me and then bashing my fists into the ground.

Gerard had wandered over and sat next to me, but he sat facing the highway and kept his distance from me. I eventually ran out of tears and couldn’t cry anymore. I turned around and faced the traffic as well. I wiped away the remaining tears that stained my face.

‘You’ve ruined your pantyhose.’ I looked down at my knees and sure enough I had big holes in them and grass stains on my kneecaps. I let out a little giggle. ‘Come here Vee.’ I shuffled closer to him and he put his arm around my shoulder. With that small gesture the tears began to form again and I sat there crying into Gerard’s chest.
Sign up to rate and review this story