Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Darling, I want to destroy you

Chapter Eight

by Virginia_Madison 5 reviews

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: G - Genres:  - Characters: Gerard Way - Published: 2010-02-18 - Updated: 2010-02-19 - 1449 words - Complete

0Unrated
Before this chapeter starts, I would just like to thank everyone who has taken the time to read this and those who have reviewed. I'm shocked people actually think its review worthy, so I think you. To clarify a few things. This story is true and based on events that occured to me in the past 2 years. The reason as to why I am posting it is for a release. And I am truly in shock that anyone is reading this.

I apologise if some parts are a bit hazy, dont make sense or jump to something different so fast. I am trying to capture everything that I can remember during this time. I hope you all still enjoy this story and enjoy the rollarcoaster that is my life.

Thank you once again xoxo


Gerard insisted on driving home after I had composed myself, but I told him I would be fine to drive home alone. As he walked me to my car, he gave me his number, and asked me to send him a text when I got home. ‘I just want to make sure your okay’, he said as he shut my door for me. He tapped the roof of my car and I reversed out of my spot.

On the drive home every single song I had in my cd player was some sort of happy romance song. So I switched over to the radio and that even let me down. Instead I drove home with the window down chain smoking.

As I walked into my house I saw a photo of me and Damien on the bookshelf. I didn’t even stop to think as I picked it up and hurled it across the house. It narrowly missed Venom as it crashed against the wall in the kitchen. I watched as the glass shattered onto the tiles and I felt as though I was watching my heart break in front of me.

I threw myself onto my bed and let the tears fall again. As I cuddled the pillow I could smell Damien’s after shave and just sent more rage through my blood. I threw the pillow at the door and eventually cried myself to sleep on my mattress.

I woke up a few hours later with my two cats lying on either side of me. I gave them each a half hearted pat as I got out of bed. I went to my handbag and got out my phone. The screen said I had 15 missed calls and 10 messages. 10 of the missed calls were from a number that I didn’t recognise, the other 5 were from Damien.

The first text message was from the number I didn’t know it read: ‘It’s Gerard R U OK? Call me.’
The other nine were also from Gerard, each baring the same message. The last one scared me a little ‘Im concerned, I’m coming past.’ I looked around the unit and it was in a complete disgrace. There was no way I could let him come to my place in this state.

I rushed towards the shards of glass on the kitchen floor and started picking up the pieces when there was a knock at the door. My heart dropped to the bottom of my stomach. He was here. I got up off the floor and headed towards the door. I took a deep breath and turned the handle. ‘What the hell are you doing here?’

‘Um, to see why my girlfriend didn’t answer her phone to get me from the hospital. Can I come in?’

I stood in the doorway with my arms crossed. ‘Wouldn’t you prefer to go to your girlfriends house?’

‘Uh this is my girlfriends house. What’s wrong with you?’

‘What’s wrong with me? Your what’s wrong with me!’

‘Bub, calm down. You’re yelling.’

‘Don’t tell me what to do.’ My neighbours in the other units started peering out their windows.

‘Bub, you’re making a scene. Can I come in and talk about this properly?’ He didn’t let me answer, instead he pushed right by me into my house. I slammed the front door and stalked over to where he sat down on the couch.

‘Actually it’s a good thing you are here. You can take all your belongings with you when you leave. I don’t want a trace of you left in this place.’

‘Wha.. What the hell are you talking about Virginia? You haven’t made any sense at all since you opened the door.’ Oh god this is getting beyond frustrating. I hate it when he pretends he has no idea what’s going on.

‘You’re cheating on me!!’ I screamed at the top of my lungs. He got up off the couch and went to put his arms around me. ‘What are you doing, get your hands off me.’ I took a step back away from him.

‘I’m not cheating on you bub. Where would you get a crazy idea like that?’

‘It’s not a crazy idea. Gerard saw you kiss another girl.’ A smirk grew on his face and he turned away from me. He went into the kitchen and put the kettle on. He leaned up against the bench as he waited for the water to boil and started to laugh.

‘Gezz Virginia I can’t believe we are fighting over this. And I can’t believe that you are listening to the Gerard guy.’ I was still standing in my lounge completely gob smacked by his reaction.

‘So you aren’t cheating on me?’ He stirred his completed coffee and made his way back to the couch. He grabbed my hand and pulled me down to sit with him.

He pushed some hair out of my eyes ‘Bub, hun, I am not cheating on you.’ He looked directly into my eyes as he spoke those words. ‘In fact I can explain what Gerard saw.’ He took a sip of his coffee and held my hand tighter. ‘The woman that was in my room with me was a work mate of mine, who took me to the hospital. She was just checking up on me.’

‘But Gerard said he saw you kissing her…’ I turned away from him. If I kept looking into his eyes I would fall into them again.

‘Bub, look at me.’ He put his hand under my chin and turned it towards him. ‘I can assure you that I did not kiss Kylie. You have to believe me.’ I turned my whole body away from him again. I rested my head in my hands and tried to make sense of it all. Gerard was positive he saw Damien kiss another girl. But Damien sat here, stared into my eyes and told me it wasn’t true. Who do I believe?

‘But why would Gerard make up something like that? What does benefit from ruining our relationship?’

‘Are you telling me that you are going to believe the married man you have only known for a month? Are you telling me that you are going to believe someone who you were terrified of because he was mean to you when you first met?’ Damien was crouched down in front of me now. His eyes were searching mine, looking for an answer to the questions.

‘I don’t know. I’m not sure of anything. Nothing make sense.’ Damien leaned up and placed a kissed on my forehead.

‘Virginia, I love you and I would never do anything to hurt you. I can’t explain why Gerard would lie about me being someone else. Maybe his bored with his life and wanted to created a riff in yours. And with what you have told me about him, it wouldn’t surprise me if that was the case.’ In a swift movement he placed a kiss on my lips which I returned.

Damien lifted me off the couch and carried me to the bedroom. ‘Hun why are all the pillows on the floor?’

‘I just had a crazy girl spaz attack and thought they looked better on the floor.’

‘You are a weird one, but that’s why I love you.’ He kissed my lips and gently placed me onto the bed. He went and picked up the pillows from the ground. He lifted my head and placed one under my head. I nuzzled my face into the pillow and could smell his after shave again and a smile crept over my face.

‘What are you smirking at little one?’

‘Just thinking about how stupid I was to believe Gerard.’
Sign up to rate and review this story