Categories > Original > Humor > So the Story Goes

Just a Splash of Color

by legacyforgotten 0 reviews

Student Council President, Keiran Sparks, gets ready for a night out. (An exercise in imagery.)

Category: Humor - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Published: 2010-02-23 - Updated: 2010-02-23 - 363 words - Complete

0Unrated
Keiran stood in front of his neatly polished, full-length mirror, complete with a once white frame that now stood out in his room with the multicolored markings doodled onto it. Such things as "Fuck Yeah!" and "Keiran Sucks!" stood out in neon pink, while small pictures of dinosaurs danced over the surface in bright green. Purple hearts congregated in the upper right hand corner and little black sheep jumped over the moon in the left.

The eighteen-year-old squinted at his reflection as he blew a raspberry. His eyes opened slowly, one violet the other forest green; both were a result of contacts over his original baby-blue irises. He peered closely at the now saliva speckled glass, viewing his lightly freckled cheeks and cotton-candy glitter lip-glossed lips. Keiran pursed his lips delicately and fluttered his lashes at the reflection as he wiped away the spit from the mirror. He cocked his head to the side coyly, rainbow dyed hair bouncing to the side in a myriad of color. His dark, raven black ears flicked forward proudly as Keiran took in the entirety of his image.

Keiran wore a hot pink tee-shirt over a pair of UItraShock flashy purple skinnies. Slung over his hips was a rainbow studded belt with a shiny silver buckle. A pair of cranberry red converse shoes encased his feet and were tied with lemon yellow laces. Keiran's left arm was covered with a green fishnet fingerless glove and his right wrist bore a variety of glow-in-the-dark bracelets and bands. One band in particular (Keiran's favorite) proclaimed, "Follow the Rainbow Trails."

Keiran's velvety black tail wrapped around his leg gently. He reached out with his hand to rest electric blue painted fingernails against the glass of the mirror. His face lit in a grin that showed his pretty white teeth in stunning brilliance. Humming quietly to himself, Kerain set a pair of sparkly pink sunglasses upon his face, despite the fact it was already dark out. With a final smack of his lips, Keiran spun around and headed out his dormitory door.

Keiran Sparks, cat demon and Student Council President of Boishington Academy, was ready for a night on the town.
Sign up to rate and review this story