Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Don't Fake It

Pretend

by disturbedangel6 1 review

Are they gonna succeed?

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: G - Genres: Romance - Characters: Gerard Way,Mikey Way - Published: 2010-02-26 - Updated: 2010-02-27 - 1047 words

0Unrated
So sorry for keeping you all waiting...
I must have lost many readers from having a huge writer's block on this...
But here I am, continuing.
This ones rather crap.



I sighed for the millionth time that minute as I waited for Frank to quit his laughing. I just told him about Mikey’s plan and how I agreed to be in it, and now... he’s laughing. I ran my hands through my greasy hair; I haven’t showered for three days. “Can you just quit it Frank? It’s bad enough as it already is.”
Frank snorted from laughing and laughed harder about it. He saw my face looking very pissed off and he stopped. “Well then... so you’re going to hide somewhere and sing like a loser and Mikey’s gonna stand in front of her and pretend he’s singing?”
The words coming from Frank’s mouth started to sound stupid. What am I thinking? That’s just... weird to do. I sighed again, he was my brother and I swore to myself that I would do anything to make him happy and this was part of it. I looked at Frank and slapped the back of his head. “Shut up Frank, maybe you don’t know what love is.”
“I’ve been in love before bro, but I sure didn’t lip sync to get the girl I wanted,” he laughed again. “You don’t even know what love is Gerard.
“Yea well maybe that’s because I’m always fucked over with girls. That why I quit dating.”
“Okay,” Frank said slowly and got up. “You're brother’s love sick and it’s making him stupid,” he changed the subject.
I looked away, I didn’t care he was my brother and if this was his plan to get this girl to notice him more so be it.

I watched my brother get dressed, this time he didn’t wear any casual shirt and jeans. He wore black skinny jeans and a sophisticated looking shirt that Ray ironed for him. He looked... good. He never tried to look good and it suddenly hit me of how serious he is with this girl. I cleared my throat as a check up if my throat is in shape to sing this girl a wonderful piece. I wanted it to sound good so my brother can get with her.
It was a ridiculous idea. I didn’t know how this would work. Isn’t she going to notice that Mikey isn’t singing?
I sighed from frustration, just in time when Mikey turned to me with a big smile on his face signalling that he was finally ready. I looked up at him with nervous written all over my face.
Mikey looked worried suddenly and sat next to me. “Gerard, you shouldn’t be this scared. All you’re going to do is sing okay? No one is going to see you.”
“But what if something goes wrong? What if you don’t lip sync accordingly to my singing?”
“That’s why I want you to sing the song I’m familiar with,” he smiled.
“And what would that be?”

“Hand in mine into your icy blue, and then I say to you we could take to the highway...” I started singing. Who would have thought ‘Demolition Lovers’ one of our only love songs written and I was singing it now. Here, I was sitting with my legs crossed in the dirt behind medium height bushes. Just in front of the girl’s house. I only could see Mikey’s back turned to me as he looked up to the balcony where the girl stood with a smile on her face.
The girl looked rather pretty; she had long wavy brown hair where it shone in the moonlight. Her face was pale and she looked so small and petite. She was really pretty and just so cute when she smiles.
I watched the scene in front of me; I really hoped Mikey would get her.
All of a sudden, the girl stopped smiling and turned around in fear. A big bulky man appeared on the balcony, he looked furious as he tried to make sense of what was happening.
“Dad, you’re awake...” the girl simply didn’t know what to say.
“What the hell is happening here?!” the father roared, he was so scary that if I was in Mikey’s place I would have peed in my pants.
I watched Mikey’s back and hoping he’d say something to calm him down. For a small moment there was silence then out of nowhere Mikey bolted to a run. I jumped up and ran out of the bush.
“You boy! What are you doing here with my daughter?” the man asked me, this time not as loud as he was before.
I stopped in my track and looked up at him with fear. “Uh... I was...”
“You were singing to her, weren’t you?” he asked.
The girl looked down at me and was about to reject.
“Not really...” I answered him.
“No, no... I saw you sit behind that bush and sing.”
My eyes widened and I looked at the design of the house which made sense of how he saw me. I didn’t know what to say. I didn’t know if I should tell the truth, or blame it on my brother. But then again, I didn’t want him to hurt my brother. I sighed, “Yea, I was the one singing. My brother was lip syncing to your daughter...”
“What?” the girl was confused.
I turned to her, “My brother likes you a lot and he knew you adored people that sang and well...”
“Well your brother is a wuss to run away.”
I bit my bottom lip, “I’m sorry for disrupting your night; I’ll leave you two alone now.” I tried to be as polite as I can.
“What’s your name boy?” he looked directly in my eyes which freaked me out.
“Gerard Way.”
“Well, you’re a fine man Gerard. Have a good night.”
“You too,” I smiled and waved to the girl before running off.


Review, if you like pie.
Sign up to rate and review this story