Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Don't Fake It

Checkmate!

by disturbedangel6 1 review

Gerard meets with Kayla.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: G - Genres: Romance - Characters: Gerard Way,Mikey Way - Published: 2009-12-25 - Updated: 2009-12-26 - 1619 words

0Unrated
Sorry for taking ages to update, I recently started having some mates pulling all-nighters just to talk to me. I like how some of the reviews are about what you readers expect in it.


“Um, Gerard what does this queen do?” Frank analysed the queen piece from the chess board.
“How would I know?” I tapped what looked like a horse piece.
“Well,” Frank used the queen to knock down all the rest of my pieces. “I win.”
I sighed and turned to my brother who was sitting on the sofa and staring blankly at the TV. His limp form hit me right in the heart. What was it that this girl doing to him? Why couldn’t he just... tell her how he feels?
“We should be match-makers and just get him with the girl he likes,” Frank leaned over next to me to take a glimpse of Mikey.
I chuckled, “We could try but I suck at it.”
“Yeah, what am I thinking? You don’t know anything about love dude.” Frank patted my head and stood up and started to search through the kitchen cupboards for food.
“Exactly,” I agreed with him and headed for my room.

Jumping on my bed, I grabbed my phone and decided to text Kayla about meeting up with her. She replied sounding very excited about it saying anytime was okay. I bit my bottom lip with the reply, now she thinks I was interested and I clearly wasn’t. I needed to get Mikey out just so he can go out with girls and maybe like one of them. I texted back about bringing my brother along, she sounded taken back and agreed to bring a friend. I smiled at myself and messaged her that tomorrow would be a good day to meet up and expectedly she agreed. I jumped off my bed and ran to the lounge where Mikey looked up at me. “I’m gonna meet up with that Kayla chick tomorrow.”
“That’s nice,” he showed me a forced smile. He clearly wasn’t interested in my plans for tomorrow.
“And you’re coming with me,” I grinned.
His jaw dropped, “What the fuck, why?”
“Uhh, ‘cause I don’t wanna meet up with her alone.”
He frowned, “Just take Frank along.”
“Oh come on Mikey, please? For me?” I tangled my fingers together and gave him the cutest face I could make.
He sighed and with a small voice he said okay and went back to watching TV.
I made a happy dance and went back to the kitchen where Frank was eating his biggest meal ever.
“Dude, why are you trying to set him up with chicks? Didn’t you hear? He’s in love with a girl.” Frank said.
“Just shut up and eat.”

I watched Mikey changed into plain jeans and a shirt. He didn’t even look at the mirror once and turned to me, “You ready?”
“Dude, is that what you’re gonna wear?” I asked with a frown.
He looked down at what he was wearing, “Uh yea, why?”
“Can't you wear something... pretty?”
He pulled his eyebrows to a confused expression. “Are you trying to set me up with this chick Gerard?”
“No...” I looked down.
“Good, then you shouldn’t worry about what I’m wearing.”
I nodded, “Let’s go then, we wouldn’t want the ladies to wait.”

This was absolutely the shittest idea I’ve ever thought of. I leaned on the table at the popular cafe and with dull eyes I looked around at all the other people here, having fun. I looked back from the sound of my name.
“Don’t you agree Gerard?” Kayla asked with a big grin on her face.
“Uh yea, I do.” I replied blankly hoping to god that she didn’t notice that I wasn’t listening.
Her friend laughed.
I itched through my brain and tried to remember what her name was. Was it Tracy? Or Stacey? I almost sighed at my thoughts. Her friend was also pretty like Kayla, she had auburn coloured hair and her personality was none the less loud. Someone would almost turn back to see who was laughing and they’d always stare at our table. I just wanted to slap her on the face. They were both pretty boring to be around with; I mean they didn’t attract me with their try hard conversations and everything.
My brother looked just as bored as me as ran his spoon against the inside of his cup to get some of the left over cream from his frappe.
I peaked at my watch which read 5:22pm, I sighed at it. It was way too early to go home but I had to try my luck. “Well ladies, it was nice to see you both but me and my brother gotta go.”
“Oh, where?” Kayla’s friend asked.
“Band practice,” Mikey answered for me.
“Oh my god, you play in a band?”
I just wanted to kick Mikey in the nuts. “Yea we do, we’ll invite you to one of our gigs when we have one.”
“Alright then, you better. Because I love going to gigs,” Kayla smiled.
I nodded, “I will, don’t you worry.”
“It was nice seeing you girls,” Mikey said and stood up.
With a quick hug we ran for our lives.
“I fucking hate you for bringing me into this, that was all my three hours wasted on two girls talking about random crap when I could have been playing my xbox,” Mikey said as we ran to the car.
“Sorry dude, it won’t happen again.”

It was nightfall when we arrived home. Mikey decided we need to go grocery shopping because our lovely friend Frank has eaten the kitchen down.
“I’m gonna just hide all these food where he can’t find them every time he comes over,” Mikey planned.
“Sounds like a good idea to me bro,” I said and followed him into the house.
After trying to find places to hide our food that didn’t need to be in the fridge which were most of them, we decided to hide them in the cupboard in the laundry. Frank obviously never went in there; he never did chores anyway so it would be the least of the places he’d go. I smiled proudly at our efforts of hiding them and grabbed a packet of chips.
We both sat on the sofa and watched whatever was on TV which was this dating thing. This was incredibly stupid. Half way through the show, Mikey disappeared to his room. He always did it anyway. I shrugged my shoulders about it and kept watching. I really wanted the guy to say yes to go on the date with the blondie, she looked pretty hot.

“Fuck you Victor! Why couldn’t you choose the blondie! She’s fucking hot you cunt!” I frowned at the TV screen and stomped off to Mikey’s room to see if he can entertain me so I can forget about the disaster that just occurred.
Without surprised, I found Mikey brooding again. Probably thinking about the girl. I sat next to him on his bed and looked down. I didn’t know what to say to him. ‘Hey Mikey, get over her. She’s not worth it.’ That’s not good enough. I’d do anything to make him feel happier, but I had no power to do so.
“I’ve decided to try and win her over Gerard,” Mikey said without looking at me.
I looked up with a confused expression plastered on my face. “Well, do it then. You’ll win her over no matter what; you’re a good looking boy.”
“Ew Gerard, don’t say that about me. I’m your brother!”
I chuckled, “Well I’m not lying. So, how are you going to do that?”
“I don’t know,” he licked his lips. “I don’t know much about her.”
“Well, what does she like?”
He gazed up at the ceiling as he thought, “I heard that she adored people singing to her.”
“Well, go ahead and do that.”
As much as that idea sounded so cliché in my head, it still sounded romantic.
“Gerard, I can’t sing.”
“I’m sure you can sing okay,” I smiled.
“I’m bad at it, remember when I started singing to Iron Maiden and you told me to stop because I sounded bad?”
“Oh... yea...” I couldn’t lie and say I was joking about that time.
“Well, it’s the only way I can think of where she’ll at least... make friends with me.”
“I haven’t got any ideas about this Mikey.”
He looked up at me with a sudden light on his face. “I can get someone to sing for me, and I can mouth the words... it’ll look like I’m singing instead.”
I laughed at his idea, “That sounds so bad but oh so good!”
He laughed too, “So Gerard would you do it?”
I stopped laughing and looked at him blankly, “Do what?”
“My idea... would you... sing?” he blushed.
“Oh fuck no man! I don’t wanna... that’s just gay!”
“I know it is! But you have a good voice and she’ll fall in love with it! Please Gerard, for me?”
I sat back and stared at my brother begging me to be a part of his plan. It was ridiculous to do, but I loved my brother and like I said... I would do anything to make him happy.


I really do appreciate reviews...
Sign up to rate and review this story