Categories > Books > Harry Potter > The Name Of The Game

Don't Let Me Stop You

by nikitarae1435 0 reviews

Danielle enters Hogwarts and encounters a very unexpected moment with Draco.

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Romance - Characters: Draco,Harry,Hermione,Ron - Published: 2010-03-01 - Updated: 2010-03-01 - 1083 words

0Unrated

Disclaimer: I do not own any of the characters in Harry Potter. Only the wonderful J.K Rowling owns them!
Chapter 5: Don’t Let Me Stop You
Danielle was completely and totally overwhelmed by the amount of beauty that this one building held. She had already taken her seat at the Gryffindor table and was listening to Dumbledore speak…
Well she was half listening, because honestly she couldn’t focus. She was too excited to concentrate on one thing. All she could think about was what she would do first, what her room would look like, and what the classes would be like.
“Now before I let you all start your dining, I would like to announce one more thing. It is a Hogwarts tradition that when there are visitors in the castle, there will be a Yule Ball held.”
There was a great murmur throughout the crowd.
“What’s a Yule Ball?” asked Danielle.
“It’s a dance held in the great hall in the month of December. We had one two years ago.” Said Hermione
Harry and Ron didn’t look nearly as excited as Ginny and Hermione did.
“It was hard enough finding dates the first time.” said Ron, Harry snorted
“Yeah and even so, I found our dates remember.” He told Ron
“Yeah, yeah. Let’s bring that up again.”
“Well it’ll be harder for me. I’m new, I hardly know anyone yet.” Said Danielle
“I don’t think it will be a problem” said Seamus with a wink. Danielle blushed
Across the room, Danielle could feel eyes on her. Unwelcome eyes.
When she turned to look Draco Malfoy was staring directly at her. She turned away, hoping he would too, but she could still feel that awful stare on her back.
The feast had started and everyone, especially Ron, had dug in. Danielle stood up and brushed off her robes.
“I’m going to find a restroom. I’ll be right back.” She said
Ron looked up still in between bites, “Neep an elp-?” he asked
Danielle stared at him confused.
“I think what Ronald was trying to say was, need any help.” Hermione suggested
Ron nodded.
“No thank you, I think I can manage.” Danielle replied with a smile
With that she was out of the great hall and into the long corridor. She was looking for a restroom, when she felt those eyes again, and even though before they felt uncomfortable, and unwelcome now they felt relaxing, especially because she was alone, and a little frazzled.
Danielle turned around and was pinned against a wall by Draco Malfoy. He pressed his lips against hers hard. She tightened immediately at his touch, but soon she loosened and let her lips melt into his. Draco’s lips tasted like sugar; probably from some sort of dessert he had been eating, but still wonderful in every way. As the kiss deepened, and Draco’s hands began to roam, Danielle began to realize that not only was this kiss amazing and sensual and wonderful, but it was also very forbidden. It had been clear that her new friends hated this person with every fiber of their being. She quickly broke apart the kiss.
Draco had this mischievous look on his face. Danielle tried to escape his embrace, but Draco tightened his arms around her shoulders.
“Why are you trying to get away, you know that you liked that just as much as I did.” He said to her
“I can’t Draco; I’m supposed to hate you. You’re a Slytherin, I’m a Gryffindor. It just can’t happen. Get it?” Danielle said as she tried again to get away, but without success.
“I bet you don’t even know my name. I know what kind of guy you are. You’re the kind of guy who wants only one thing, and that’s a quick “shag” as you would say. You don’t care about who I am, or what I want.” Danielle said coldly
Draco looked dumbfounded and almost hurt. His expression soon turned to disgust. He loosened his grip on Danielle as she wriggled out.
“You seem to think you know a lot about me, Danielle.” He said matter of factly. With that he stalked off down towards the Great Hall again. Danielle stood still trying to digest what had just happened.
Draco had followed her out of the Great Hall, where he pinned her against a wall, made out with her and then she told him off.
“Why did I do that?” She asked herself out loud.
She turned and headed off to find the restroom, like she had planned. Pretending nothing happened.
Back in the Great Hall things were quieting down. Dumbledore was dismissing the students and the food was vanishing before their eyes. Danielle subtly tried to look for Draco. He was nowhere in sight.
“Are you ok?” asked Harry “You seem a little out of it.”
“Yeah, just overwhelmed I gue-“ Danielle had bumped into someone.
“Watch it new girl” said Draco.
“She has a name!” Hermione yelled at him.
“Well you know me, I’m not good with name” Draco responded looking directly at Danielle. Her heart sunk with embarrassment.
“Don’t let him get to you.” Hermione reassured her.
“Why would I, he’s just a jerk right?”
The gang had stopped in front of a large picture frame, with a fat lady reading a book and not paying attention to them.
“Gooey Gumdrops” said Ron
The picture frame looked at the group in front of her, and rolled her eyes. She opened the frame and the gang walked in through the portrait hole. Inside was an amazing set of old furniture next to a blazing fireplace, and a bookcase full of books she had never read in America.
This was the Common Room Danielle learned. Hermione lead her up to the girl’s dormitory, but not before they both said goodnight to Harry and Ron. The girl’s room was not as impressive as Danielle had expected.
“Well I am exhausted, goodnight!” Hermione said before heading to her bed.
“Yeah, me too. Goodnight!” Danielle replied. She magically put on her PJ’s, a pink thermal long sleeved top and a pair of purple and pink striped shorts. She hit the bed with a thunk and her mind sailed with thoughts and memories of the day. She fell asleep with one thing on her mind…Draco Malfoy.
Sign up to rate and review this story