Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > The Taste of Ink

Skylines and Turnstiles

by rawr-ness 1 review

"All we have to do now is wait..."

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG - Genres:  - Characters: Bob Bryar,Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Published: 2010-03-10 - Updated: 2010-03-12 - 724 words

0Unrated
"Casey, when the hell are you coming over?" I sighed and balanced my phone on my shoulder.

"I'm right in your driveway. Be there two minutes, tops."

"Hurry!" He hung up and I laughed, tossing the phone to the seat next to me. I heard a soft "ow" forgetting my sister, Allison, was sitting right there.

"Why did I have to come with you?" She whined as we got out of the car. I smiled. Oh, how I hated her.

"You're thirteen, do you really think that you can be left alone."

"Yes."

"Yeah... try to convince mom and Steve that. Don't bug us today this is important."

"Hey Case, what's taking - you brought her!" Carter whined. She looked at him as if he were dirt and looked at the ground.

"Like I really wanna be here. Where's Ashley, can I hang out with her?"

"Just stay out of our hair... in her room." She walked away into the house and slammed the door.

"Come on, let's shoot this thing. Deadline's in a week right?" Carter nodded and dragged me inside. Everything was set up, camera, equipment, everything. I grabbed my bass off of it's stand and pressed the record button.

"Hey, what's up guys. We're Escaping Reality and we're gonna be doing a cover of Skylines and Turnstiles."

I backed away from the camera and took my place. The band started playing, Carter jumping around letting all his energy unleash. I felt the music control my heart beat. I was at home. Carter started singing Gerard Way's part. It seemed to fit so well. It didn't seem real.

The chorus came up and I felt tears run down my cheeks. September eleventh, the death of husband, father, and friend. My dad had died in the building. Police told us he had fallen from the thirty-second floor. I had asked if he had survived the fall. At the time I was studying the human body at school and knew that some people had fallen at a fast speed and from tall places, but haven't even broken a single bone. I remembered the police man kneeling down and giving me a great hug. I knew what he wanted to say. I was only ten then, he thought of me as young and not able to understand these things. I didn't to be honest... and I still don't understand why the things that bad happen. They just do.

I snapped out of my thoughts and noticed we were almost finished the song. Carter threw me a worried glance and I shook my head, telling him I was alright. He nodded and continued to bounce and jump all around the basement. We had finished the song and Carter went towards the camera.

"Thanks for listening guys. We really appreciate." He turned off the camera and walked toward me giving me a big hug. I smiled and hugged him back. Carter and I were closer than brothers, he had lost his brother that day too. Though, Carter and his brother never really talked, they barely knew each other to begin with. Carter always said he felt pain for his lost, even though I knew he was just saying that to make me feel better.

"You alright, Case." He pulled away to look in my eyes. I nodded and wiped some of the tears away.

"I'm fine."

"Come on. We'll go mail this in so it'd get in on time." I nodded and I grabbed the camera and took out the tape. Carter followed me to my car.

"You guys wouldn't mind watching the brats, would you?" Jade looked at Matt and Nate. She sighed and nodded.

"I'll take care of them." I smiled and thanked her as Carter and I rushed to the post office.

"Here, put it in the envelope."

"Hold on," I laughed. I placed it in the envelope, quickly writing the address they had posted on their website. I wrote Carter's then threw it into the mail box. Once it fell inside with a small thump, Carter gave me the biggest hug I had ever received. He picked me off of the ground, spinning me all around. I laughed begging him to put me down.

"Sorry." He said softly. I shook my head and sighed.

All we had to do is wait and see...
Sign up to rate and review this story