Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Midnight-An Epic Love Story?

A Date In The Forest

by SmashAuthority2 6 reviews

Jacob takes Stella to La Shove where everything gets more complicated....

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: G - Genres: Humor,Parody,Romance - Characters: Bob Bryar,Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Published: 2010-03-23 - Updated: 2010-03-23 - 2872 words - Complete

3Exciting
Where the hell have I been, I hear you ask? Well, I was abducted by aliens, but I'm back now.

Truthfully, I've been suffering from the dreaded Writers Block, a writers curse. Yeah, I had to watch New Moon (sigh) for inspiration to come, or was it all those sugary snacks I ate to get me through the movie? I don't know....anyway, I hope you like!!


I grudgingly drag myself out of my warm bed at 8 in the bloody morning the next day, all the while cursing and swearing like a crazed sailor. I mean, who in their right mind wakes up this early during the weekend? Those damned vampire slayers, that's who, I tell myself as I brush my teeth.

Gerard turned up last night after dad had fallen asleep and we spent hours talking and he even sang to me a little. I was surprised to discover he has a really good voice. I advised him he should do something about it and he confessed that he and the rest of the Sullen brothers started a secret rock band a few years ago. I can't remember the name right now as I was too distracted by his gorgeous hazel eyes while he was talking. Damn, he's so good looking!! Not that I'm shallow or anything but I appreciate the hotness.

After I have dressed and eaten I stand in the living room to wait for Jacob to arrive. I'm a little worried that Gerard will somehow find out. Last night he revealed a shocking secret to me. He confessed that some of the Sullen boys have some pretty incredible gifts (as if being a vampire wasn't cool enough). It was quite shocking really, he told me Mikey can see into the future and that Ray can change the emotions of a person, but it was his gift that got my attention.

"I can hear everyone's thoughts, Stella," he said seriously.

"Huh?" I said absentmindedly, stroking his hair.

"I can hear peoples thoughts. Well, everyone's except yours." He looked at me in frustration.

"Man, this just keeps getting weirder and weirder....," I mused.

"How do you think I feel? I have to hear a school full of horny teenagers dirty thoughts everyday," he pouted.

"Bummer," I consoled him.

"That's all you've got to say? I tell you I can hear peoples thoughts and the best you've got is "bummer"?" he smirked.


I shrugged. "What do you want me to say? Oh, my vegetarian vampire boyfriend can read peoples mind? Seriously, nothing shocks me anymore. I mean if a witch flew past my window right now, I'd hop onto her broomstick and go for a spin."

Gerard smiled. "There's no such thing as a witch."

"Are you sure? What about zombies?" I asked hopefully. Zombies are my favorite creatures.

He chuckled. "No. Sorry."

I sighed and snuggled close to him, feeling slightly disappointed.

I decide to stand outside my house to wait for Jacob to arrive. If he's late I will kick his ass, I swear. I look up when I hear a faint rumble in the distance, I squint into the road and my eyes widen in delight when I spot a bike coming my way. As it gets closer I see Jacob is riding it, my mouth drops open. He is officially the coolest person I know. I mean, I know Gerard can read thoughts, but owning a motorbike is in another league. I wonder if he will let me ride it?

He comes to a stop in front of me. "Where's your helmet?" I ask him.

He laughs. "Don't need one."

"Why? Are you made of steel or something?"

He laughs harder. "Yeah, something like that."

I watch his face closely. It's like he is laughing at his own private joke. "What's so funny?" I demand.

"Nothing, nothing," he insists. "Hop on."

I try glaring at him, I know he's hiding something from me but I can't stay mad for too long. I seriously want to get on his bike.

"Come on. You know you want to," he teases. He takes my hand and pulls me behind him.

I get on and put my arms around his waist. "Don't I get a helmet? You may be made of iron but I'm not."

"Don't worry, you're in safe hands. I'm an excellent driver," he boasts.

"Show off," I mutter.

"Hold on tight, Stella," he says and starts the engine.

I tighten my grip on him as he speeds off down the road. He is going so fast my eyes instinctively close. I badly want to open them but can't, the wind is forcing them to stay closed. Now I get why helmets are so important.

I bury my face in his back and rest my head for awhile. "You alright back there?" he hollers.

"Unghh hungh," I reply. It's the best I can do at the moment.

He actually laughs and I want to punch him, I'd probably fall off the bike though.

We drive on-I don't even know where we are going. I mean, I've heard of La Shove but I've never actually been down there for years. My dad told me we used to go there all the time when I was a kid but stopped when he got drunk and started an argument with what he thought was a local-except it was a tree. He ended up battering it thinking it was some guy, causing serious damage. He was banned from coming there after that. My dad can be a deranged jackass sometimes, a bit disturbing considering he's the sheriff.

When I feel the bike starting to slow down I lift up my head to peer groggily around me. We are in a huge clearing and I can see a wooden cabin up ahead. It's quite small and there are two small windows on each side, the door is wide open and there are a few broken down trucks parked on either side.

The bike comes to a standstill and Jacob hops off. I stay glued to my seat as the world is spinning around me. My love affair with motorbikes is officially over.

He chuckles and lifts me off the seat like a doll and places me on the ground. "Welcome to my home," he smiles and points at the cabin,

"You live here?" I ask in amazement. It looks like a place Hagrid would find comfortable.

"Yes. I know it's not much to look at but it'll do for me."

Very wisely I decide not to say anything and move on to observe the broken down trucks. They are rusty and ancient looking, like something straight out of a horror movie.

"Let's get inside shall we?" he says and drags me by the hand into the cabin.

"Dude! I can walk, you don't have to pull me," I complain. My arm feels like it's going to be pulled from it's socket which would be tragic because I would never be able to touch Gerard again. Which reminds me. Gerard.

Jacob leads me to a table and we sit down. I peer around, we are in what I assume is the kitchen because I spot a dirty white fridge in the corner which looks so old it may as well be an antique.

"Nice place," I lie. My acting skills have officially kicked in.

"There's no need to lie Stella. I know this place is a tip but I don't mind," he chuckles, then his handsome face becomes serious. "I have other things to worry about."

I sigh. "You mean me, right?"

He nods. "Yes. You and that vampire of yours."

I feel my face burning and I look away out the dirty window. A fat brown rat scuttles by which normally would freak me out, but I'm a little distracted right now.

"Is there something you would like to tell me, Stella?" he asks calmly.

I turn to him slowly. He sounds like Gerard now, back in the days when he knew something was up and was waiting for me to confess to him. I decide to go for it.

"I spent the day with Gerard yesterday," I say in a mad rush. I assume if I speak quickly maybe he won't hear me. Wrong.

His deep brown eyes become darker and his hand tightens into a fist on the table, but he doesn't say anything. I think he is waiting for me to continue.

"Well," I say. "It all started when he kidnapped me yesterday morning."

"What?" he hisses.

Oops. Maybe I shouldn't have told him that.

"So that's how he got you to talk to him," he spits and glares at something over my shoulder which is a good thing because I probably would have melted at the intensity of his gaze.

"Wait. How did you know we talked yesterday?" I ask in mild surprise. I sincerely hope Jacob isn't stalking me also.

"I called your home but no-one answered, I was worried as you had been so upset so I decided to track you down. I found out through a friend of mine that you were in Gerard's captivity. Naturally I was furious, I couldn't understand how he had managed to get you considering how mad you were with him."

"Yeah," I sigh. "He threw me in the back of his trunk and drove me to a meadow, it was quite pretty actually."

"The sicko dragged you against your will and that doesn't bother you at all?" he growled.

"He wanted to talk to me," I argue. "It was the only way. He promised he would never do it again."

"Oh! That's okay then," he says, his voice dripping with sarcasm.

"Jacob. If you would stop being an ass for a second and let me finish talking, maybe you would understand."

He sniffs loudly but falls silent giving me the opportunity to fill him in on my conversation with Gerard. It takes me fifteen minutes but I get there eventually mainly because Jacob keeps rolling his lovely eyes and I have to restrain myself from kicking him under the table.

"So you see?" I say. "It was all that crazy Ava's fault. She was obsessed with Gerard and made his life a living hell."

"Like he's doing to you, you mean?" he snipes.

It's my turn to roll my eyes. "My life is fabulous, thank you very much."

"Yeah, except for the vampires running it."

"No-one is running my life," I snap angrily.

"It's just a matter of time until he starts telling you what to do," he tells me. "I've seen it countless times. Vampires are the most over-bearing, controlling nuts around."

I have no reply for that mainly because Gerard did insist he didn't want me to see Jacob again, which nearly caused a bit of a row between us.

Jacob is staring at my face intently. "He's already started, hasn't he?" he asks smugly.

I glare at him. "I knew it." He leans back in his chair and puts his hands behind his head. "I knew Gerard was a control freak. Tell me, what does he want you to do?"

I take a deep breath. "He wants me to stop seeing you."

Jacob slams his hands on the table. "Does he now? What did you tell him?" He is so angry his body is trembling.

"I told him I wasn't going to let anyone tell me what to do."

He smiles broadly, looking happy. "Bet he didn't like that, did the scumbag?" His body stops trembling and becomes still again.

"Jacob, he is not a scumbag."

"Sorry. I meant dirty bloodsucking maniac."

I get up abruptly. "If you're going to insult him then I'm leaving." I move towards the door but he grabs me before I can leave.

He spins me around so we are inches apart. "He's not worthy of you, Stella."

"Actually, I think he's out of my league," I confess. It's true, I haven't told anyone before but I believe Gerard is way too good looking to be with me, I mean, I'm okay I guess, but Gerard is simply gorgeous. He's like a Rolls Royce and I'm a humble Toyota.

"You are so wrong. Do you know how beautiful you are, Stella?" he whispers softly. He moves a step closer to me so our noses are almost touching.

I gape at him. What does one do in this situation? I know we almost kissed the other night, but I have no intention of letting that happen again.

His eyes bore into mine and I find myself transfixed. He is good looking, you know, for a vampire slayer. Not that I know what vampire slayers look like.

"Um, Jacob," I stutter.

"Sshh," he murmurs and strokes my cheek.

"You have to know how I feel about you, Stella. I can't hold it in anymore," he breathes.

"What are you talking about?" I ask nervously. My stomach is in a very tight knot as I have an inkling about what he's going to say next.

"I've fallen in love with you, Stella" he confesses.

"What?!" I cry.

"I love you," he repeats simply.

Holy poo. I am so screwed. Curse these average good looks of mine!

"You can't fall in love with me, you're my vampire slayer!" I yell.

"It's too late."

"No way, dude! How can you fall in love with me? I'm just the damsel in distress."

He laughs. "You are so cute when you're mad."

"Gerard isn't. And he's gonna erupt when he hears this," I warn him.

"I don't care." He looks at me and I know he means it.

"Jacob please. You can't, this is going to confuse matters more," I plead.

"I'm not a tap Stella. I can't turn my emotions on and off. It's happened, okay? I love you, deal with it."

I stare at him with growing horror. If Gerard finds out he will kill him-of this I'm certain. He's looking for an excuse to knock him off and this will just tip him over the edge.

"But I love Gerard," I say loudly, hoping to hurt him. I don't want to but have no choice.

"I don't care," he replies through gritted teeth.

"I want to be with Gerard," I continue.

"I don't care," he repeats fiercely.

"I want to have his babies," I yell dramatically. It's not true, really, I mean, can vampires even get a girl knocked up?

Jacob grabs my face roughly so it is tilted towards his. "I'll never let that happen," he whispers darkly.

Without warning, his lips collide with mine savagely. Fighting him off is impossible because he has wrapped one arm around my waist and his other hand is cupping my face. I can't move a muscle.

I briefly consider biting his lip but don't, I mean, he is still my friend, right? I still care about him, don't I? Man, I'm so confused.

"Jacobumgh," I mumble against his lips-which are incredibly soft by the way.

He pulls me closer, making the kiss deeper and more intense. I have to say, despite the circumstances-he is an excellent kisser.

Finally, after an age I manage to push him away from me. "How dare you!" I yell and attempt to bitch slap him across the face. I don't really want to hurt him but I am a lady after all (kind of) and have to behave all outraged and stuff.

But he's reflexes are super sharp, he captures my hand before I can slap him and kisses it gently. "I've wanted to do that for so long."

"Take me home!" I shout. "Right now!"

He regards me for a moment and then nods. "Okay."

I stomp outside and he follows silently. We get on the bike and he kick starts the engine. He waits patiently for me to snake my arm around his waist, I do so reluctantly, then he zooms off.

On our way back I get a chance to think of everything that's just happened. My relationship with Jacob has just has just changed forever. There is no going back now.

I have no clue what I can do in this situation. I don't even have a friend to confide in, well, except Chase.....I guess I could go to him for advice, he's gay, he should have plenty of advice about men. Of course, I will have to withhold the fact that Gerard is a vampire and Jacob is a slayer. But I'm certain he can help me.

There's also the little problem of what Gerard is going to do when he finds out I ran off with Jacob. With all the stress I have, it's a wonder I'm not a raging alcoholic by now.

Before I know it, Jacob is slowing down in front of my house. I slide off the bike with difficulty and stand beside him for a second. After deciding I'm not going to speak to him I turn my back on him, only to freeze in horror when I spot a familiar black car parked outside my house with an even familiar vampire leaning against it........

Oh dear, whatever is going to happen now?....
Sign up to rate and review this story