Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > I'll Never Let Them Hurt You

Nine

by thatcrazedfan 0 reviews

Comments are appreciated, especially because this is my favorite chapter. :)

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Drama,Romance - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way - Published: 2010-03-25 - Updated: 2010-03-25 - 778 words - Complete

0Unrated
Nikki’s POV

I shrugged, keeping my eyes ahead, “Were do you want to go?”

“How about the park?”

I shook my head, “It doesn’t make a difference to me.”

The walk to the park was silent. He didn’t talk to me, and I didn’t talk to him. I thought that maybe he had changed his mind about skipping with me, but when we got to the park, we sat down at one of the tables and he smiled, “I’m glad I finally get to spend some alone time with you.”

I sighed. Of course he was. Now he could humiliate me...

He shook his head, “I don’t know what it is about you, but ever since I moved here last year, I couldn’t stop thinking about you...” He paused.

For the first time since we left the school, I looked up at him. The look on his face made it seem like he was thinking about finishing his statement or not.

He shook his head, “It was probably because you looked like the kind of person that had gone through the same things as I had...” he laughed slightly, finally looking me in the eyes, “You probably think I’m insane or something.”

I smiled and nodded, “Kind of.” I admitted.

He took a deep breath, “You know, I never told anyone about what my life was like before I moved here...” he paused, “Basically, my father beat me.”

I gasped. That was something you wouldn’t expect to hear someone like him say. I could tell from his eyes, that he was telling the truth.

He smiled, “I know, right...” He paused, turning to look at something in the distance, “He beat my mother too.” he smiled, “Finally, one day, she had enough. She called the police. She showed them our bruises, and they took him away.

“Once he was in jail, my mom moved us here. I was glad to be away from all those bad memories, but at the same time, it sucked. We had no money.” he shook his head, “We still live in a crappy house...”

I couldn’t believe it... though at the same time, I had to. His eyes had so much emotion in them. Plus, I could relate to what he was saying. Well, sort of. I bit my lip, thinking of whether or not to tell him my story. I knew how brave he had to have been to tell me that...

I shook my head, “Wow... That’s a lot to take in...”

He nodded, “I know... I just needed to tell someone, and you look like someone that I can talk to.” He laughed, “How weird is that?”

I smiled, “Pretty weird.”

We sat in silence for a long time. I couldn’t tell what he was thinking about, but I was trying to take in his story as well as think about telling him mine. I just didn’t know what to do. What if it was a set-up?

After a while, he grabbed my hand and wound our fingers together. I could feel tears brimming my eyes, so I looked away from him. When I was sure I could control myself, I turned back to him. He was staring straight ahead.

I took a deep breath, “I don’t really know how to say this...” I paused and he turned to look at me, “I mean, I’ve never told anyone before.”

“You probably know about what happened to my mom and sister.”

He nodded, and I continued, “Well, my dad was so upset... He turned to drinking and drugs to cope with it.” I shook my head, “And somewhere along the way, he decided that he was bi-sexual...” I turned to look at him, and his mouth was hanging open.

I sighed, “He went out partying every night, always bringing home a different person. At first, they were there for one thing; my dad. Though, after a while, some of them started finding interest in me as well...” I paused, tears falling from my eyes.

“I’d have bruises up and down my arms and legs. The ones on my face were the hardest to cover up...” I felt Jacob squeeze my hand lightly. I looked at him and smiled, “No one else knows that...” I paused, “And I’d like it to stay that way...”

He nodded, “I won’t tell anyone.”

I nodded and he wrapped his arms around me. It felt good to have someone know. Especially someone that had a story sort of like mine. I didn’t have to be alone anymore...
Sign up to rate and review this story