Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Backstabber

You Talked To Yourself?

by Dr-Giggles 4 reviews

Some form of disaster strikes.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres:  - Published: 2010-04-01 - Updated: 2010-04-02 - 2257 words - Complete

3Moving
“Argh, what the hell,” Eve sighed in frustration. She was testing out her new computer and she’d finally gotten the internet up and running when numerous pop-ups sprung onto her screen telling her she had a virus. Eve kept clicking the buttons they told her to, but the damn things wouldn’t go away.

“Everything okay?” Her father called from the next room.

“Yeah, Dad. Everything’s fine. Just getting used to the computer.”

It was a Saturday morning and Eve was beyond bored. She wanted to see Frankie and the others, but she couldn’t leave her father by himself nor could she invite them all over to her house. Eve had once tried introducing strangers to her father. That definitely didn’t end well. So, she just sat around thinking about Frank. Wishing he were there. Of course, they texted each other whenever they found time, but Eve had to make sure her father was okay and Frank’s family were very into spending many weekends with other relatives so they don’t lose contact. Either that or he was dragged over to Gerard and Mikey’s place with Ray and Bob to play video games.

Eve gave up on the computer for now. She’d lasted up to this point without one, so she could hold out a little longer.

Before making her way to her bedroom, she checked on her father; he seemed fine for now, so she let him be. Eve picked up her favorite CD, and turned the volume as loud as she could without getting in strife with her dad.

She lay down on her bed, enjoying her music and began thinking about everything.

She thought about how much she wanted to see Frank, she thought about how she wished her father wasn’t sick, she wished how she could be better than the idiot she thought she was. Everything.

Eve was lost deep in thought when she heard a slam. Her automatic instinct caused her to jump up off her bed and run to wherever her father was.

“Dad? What was that?” she called.

“Owwwww…” he groaned.

“You alright?” she walked into the bedroom where he was sitting on the edge of his bed with his hand rubbing his forehead.

“I went to walk out the door, but I missed and walked into the wall instead.”

“...Smooth, Dad.”

He chuckled at her, “Shut up. It hurt.”

“Sorry. Want some ice?”

“No. It’s fine.”

“Okay,” Eve giggled, “Tell me if you need anything, alright?”

“Okay.”

*

“No, no, no! Fucking hell, Bob!” Mikey shoved Bob so he fell off the bed they were sitting on along with Frank, Ray and Gerard. The two of them were playing a car racing game on Gerard’s Xbox and Bob had just grabbed Mikey’s controller and messed with the buttons so he won the race.

“Man up, Mikey,” Ray taunted.

“Shut up, dude. Let’s see you try and win a arm wrestle with Bob.”

“Ha!” Bob laughed. “He’d be in a cast for a good few months.”

“Blow me, Bryar,” Ray replied.

“No, thanks. I‘m not the dick sucking type.”

“What are you talking about? Since when does Ray have one of those?” Frank cut in.

“Bitch got owned,” Gerard said from behind his comic.

“You guys suck,” Ray whined.

The boys fell into a comfortable silence for a few minutes, only hearing the sounds of the video game and Gerard turning pages.

“How do you guys know what you wanna do with the rest of your lives?” Gerard asked. They all frowned at the odd change of topic.

“Uh, random. What do you mean?” Frank asked.

“I dunno. Like, you guys were all so sure of what you’re gonna do and I wouldn’t have the first fucking idea of what I’m meant to do. I mean, I don’t wanna be just another person who works just to make money so they can get by another day and repeat the same thing over and over for the rest of my life. I wanna do something with, I dunno, meaning. Make a difference, or some shit.”

The others looked at him.

“Forget it. I sound like an idiot, anyway,” Gerard sighed.

“No, you don’t, dude. That actually made a hell of a lot of sense,” Frank replied.

“Yeah,” Bob agreed.

“Gee, I’ve actually always thought you’d be the one to impact people’s lives the most out of, well, anyone I’ve known,” Mikey told him, “Seriously. You could do it.”

“Thanks, Mikey,” Gerard smiled, “But I don’t even know what it is I’m gonna do.”

“Well,” Frank started, “You’re the best artist I know. Why not work on that?”

“Oh, I already talked to myself about that. Not gonna happen.”

Ray smirked, “You…talked to yourself?”

“Well…in my head.”

“Of course.”

“Look, back to the point.” Bob interrupted. “Gerard, you can probably do anything you set your mind to. Well, almost anything. I’ve yet to see someone eat their own face, but why would you do that anyway?”

There was a pause before everyone burst out laughing.

“What the hell, Bob?” Frank managed to get out in between his laughs. “Eat off his own face?”

“Fuck you. It was the first thing that came into my head.”

“You’ve got some serious issues, dude,” Ray laughed.

Bob rolled his eyes and waited for everyone to calm down. When they did, he called them a bunch of idiots.

“Oh, Bob, you're such a charmer," Frank said, in a high voice.

The five of them spent the rest of their day playing video games and watching movies. Frank had texted Eve until around 5pm when she stopped replying. Therefore, he started to worry. It was now around midnight and Mikey and Ray had fallen asleep on the floor where they were once reading comic books. Bob and Gerard were playing on the Xbox, but the two of them looked as though they could drop and sleep on the spot.

Frank, however, was wide awake and in no mood to sleep. He still hadn’t heard from Eve. It was just like before and it was scaring the shit out of him. Frank had probably sent a million messages to her saying things like: “Are you okay?” or “Why aren’t you replying?” or “Please be okay.”

By 2am, everyone except for Frank had completely crashed. Bob’s snoring could be heard and Gerard sometimes mumbled incomprehensible stuff in his sleep. Frank just sat on the floor with his back leaning against the side of the bed hoping that Eve was okay. Hoping that he would hear from her soon enough. As that thought crossed through his mind, like some alignment in the universe, his phone’s ring tone went off. It was very loud compared to the almost silence that had been the room for the past hour or so, so he quickly shut it off and checked the new message he had. Of course, it was from Eve. Frank sighed in relief, but his heart almost stopped when he read the message:

Frank!
I need you at my house.
Right now. PLEASE!


“Shit! Guys, guys! Wake the fuck up,” None of them even stirred, “GUYS!”

Frank shook Gerard first, “Ugh…what? Frankie, what the hell? Go to sleep,” He mumbled as he turned over to try and sleep again, but Frank wouldn’t let him.

“Gee, get the fuck up! Eve’s in trouble. We gotta go help her.”

“Wait, what?” Gerard started to wake up a little more.

“Eve’s. In. Trouble. What else is there to know? Let’s go, dude!”

“Well, what’s wrong?”

“I dunno. She just texted me telling me to get to her house ASAP. It’s only a few minutes away. Please, Gee, please!”

“Fine. Fine…Might as well get the others up. They'll get wierd if they wake up, and we're gone.”

“Yeah, yeah.”

Gerard and Frank quickly shook the others awake. They all complained and whined, but Frank was too worried to put up with it, so after he’d snapped once or twice, they were all fully awake and walking out the front door quietly so Gerard and Mikey’s parents wouldn’t hear. They had begun walking to Eve’s house in silence, sharing worried feelings. That seemed to happen a lot with Eve, but it was only because they cared. For Frank, it felt like a life time before they finally made it to Eve’s house.

He could hear the faint sound of her crying and immediately ran to the porch and tried to open the door. It was locked so he started to bash on it.

“Eve! It’s Frank! Eve, let me in!”

The rest of the guys soon followed Frank and ran up to the porch as well.

“What the hell is going on?” Bob whispered to Ray. He just shrugged and frowned at Frank.

Eve opened her door and Frank pulled her into his chest so fast it took her a second to register it. She hugged him back tightly when they pulled apart Frank saw her face. Her eyes were red and puffy, her cheeks were red with tear marks streaming down. He cupped her face as softly as he did the night she came to his house and gave her a quick, but passionate kiss.

“What’s going on? Are you okay?” He asked once they pulled apart.

“He-- Why are you guys here?” Eve asked as she noticed that Bob, Ray, Mikey and Gerard were standing behind Frank with questioning looks on their faces.

“Oh, we were all staying at Gee and Mikey’s place tonight. When you told me to come, they wanted to come as well. We’re all worried.”

“Oh. Look, there’s not time to explain to them the full story, but right now, I have no fucking idea what to do,” Eve said as the tears started to fall from her eyes again.

Frank brushed away as many as he could with his thumb and whispered, “Did he hurt you?”

“What?” Gerard asked. “Did who hurt--”

“Shut up, Gee. We’ll explain later,” Frank snapped and with that no one asked anymore questions. Eve returned her attention to Frank’s question.

“Not really, but he did a number on himself.”

“What do you mean?”

“Come on,” she said as she gestured all of them to follow her into the house. They all looked around as they were led through the living room which looked like a tornado had run through it. Eve led them up the stairs and into her father’s bedroom where the sight they saw made them speechless.

“Eve…” Frank breathed. “What the fuck happened?”

All of them were staring at her father’s unconscious body that was sprawled on the floor. He had shards of glass in his hands along with blood while his face had several deep gashes in his face and to top it all off, he had a bruise and what seemed to be a forming lump on his forehead. Eve started to cry harder.

“I tried to stop him, but hhe just smashed the mirror again.”

“Again?”

“He does it a lot. He smashed it and he took the bits of glass and just…started cutting his face and then he smashed his head into the wall!” Evee was in hysterics now. Frank held onto her again as she cried. He looked for the place in the wall where Eve’s father had hit his head and there was a large dent in it.

“Fucking hell,” Frank whispered. He turned to the guys who were still staring in shock and confusion.

“Frank, what the fuck is going on?” Mikey squeaked.

“Later. Right now, call the fucking ambulance,” Frank replied as calmly as he could.

“No!” Eve pushed Frank away, even though her whole body was shaking, “Don’t call the ambulance. They’ll find out about him and they’ll take him away from me! He needs me. Don’t call them, please!”

“Eve, what other choice is there? He could die if we leave him here. What he needs is help. He always has, Eve. I know you love him, but you need to let him be helped,” Frank pleaded. Eve cringed at the thought of her father dying like that.

“He needs me. Fuck the doctors!”

“Eve, please. Let us do this. It will help.”

“No!”

“Eve, look at me.” Frank gently grabbed her face and held it close to his own, “I wouldn’t be telling you this if I didn’t care. This will be the best thing for both of you. I promise.”

She looked into his eyes while the tears still flowed freely out of hers.

Frank spoke once more in a whisper, “I promise.”

Eve nodded in response as she closed her eyes trying to make everything disappear. Frank turned to the guys again, “Guys. Ambulance. Now.”

They all left the room trying to register what had just happened whilst Frank held Eve close to him, kissing the top of her head. It wasn’t too long before the ambulance finally showed up.


A/N: I hope this story is still good. If it isn't, just tell me and I shall stop writing. If it is, then YAY! :D
Reviews and rates make me smile. c:

Dr-Giggles.
Sign up to rate and review this story