Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > 'Goodbye My Friend, Goodbye My Love You're in My Heart, It Was Preordained That We Should Part

'Goodbye My Friend, Goodbye My Love You're in My Heart, It Was Preordained That We Should Part

by NotesFromPaige 3 reviews

the murder story I said I'd write 20 years ago.

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: R - Genres:  - Published: 2009-12-06 - Updated: 2009-12-07 - 3266 words

0Unrated
Chapter 1
Brendon Urie’s POV

Today had been a slow day.
Scratch that, it’s been a slow month.
The occasional phone call now and then, a mom wondering if we had heard anything of her missing son, or a cat lady, wondering if I’ve heard of the whereabouts of her cat.
But other than that, nothing at all.
I sat down in my chair, feet up on my mahogany, waiting for something.
I don’t know what, waiting for something.
I guess I should be happy that nothing worth needing a detective is happening. Everybody’s safe. But then again, how am I supposed to make a living? You can’t expect me just to sit around for months. My office worked for the residency of Los Angeles. You would think that we’d be on fire with cases.
Yeah.
No.

My thoughts flutter away as the knock on my glass door over power them.
“Come in.” I sighed, removing my feet from the desk, slightly tidying up my area.
“Hey Mr. Urie.” Natalie Kinkie greeted as she made her way to the chair in front of me. She was our, well, my journalist, wrote about what was going on, and frankly, she hadn’t been doing a lot lately, because nothing had been happening. Maybe 28, 30? She carried a small frame, with big brown eyes, and full lips.
“Hi Natalie, what can I do for you?” I smiled, fixing the brim of my hat.
“Oh nothing much, I was just wondering what to do now. Finished up all my articles, cleaned up my desk, fed your cat, lost 5 pounds, bought that new vinyl. I’m just out of work.” She listed a matter of factly, playing with her dark curls.
“I understand your dilemma.” I chuckled, I hadn’t been doing much either.
“I’m sure you do” Natalie picked the empty folder on my desk, and opened it, hoping that maybe there was something in it that was worth writing about.
“Sweetie, I’ve got nothing.” I sighed, kicking my feet back onto the desk.
“Evidently”

And then, for the first time in the past lifetime, my phone rang from line 2, the police.
“Detective Urie speaking.” I answered in a matter of half a ring.
“Hey Urie, we’re gonna need you and your people to get down here ASAP, we’re on the corner 4th and freedmont.” A panicked voice yelled urgently.
“Got it” I slammed down the phone, and came face to face with Natalie’s “LOLWUT” face.
“Kay, go get Nadia, Paige and Ryan, we’ve got a case on 4th and Freemont. I’ll meet you there, stack.” I grabbed my briefcase and coat, and headed out the door behind Natalie franticness.
“ALRIGHT.” She yelled back, in questioned tone.

I ran out to the police bug, and drove off, taking multiple rights and lefts and such, before I came to a stop; a large house in downtown LA, in a higher end of house, closed in by police tape and cop
I parked my car, and ran into the scene.
There was a an ambulance parked in the front lawn, along with a couple, the woman shaking, sobbing, and a man holding her tightly, soaking in her sobs.
“Urie!” I heard a Nadia call. Nadia Bernade: She’s my colleague, the other half Brendon Urie, my partner in crime (I believe I just made a funny). I rushed over to her, surrounded by 3 other policemen, ironically enough, eating donuts.
“Hey, what’s going on?” I asked, keeping the brown suede top hat on my head.
“The names William Beckett, found murdered in his house an hour ago.” She recited; pushing away her almost black side bangs from her right ear.
“What’s his background?” I observed the many cars pulling up to the house, like he was somebody important.
“He was in well known band, The Academy something, front man, lots of famous friends, generally liked guy, he had no enemies that we really know of, he was actually ready to go back on tour in a day.” Nadia zipped up the coat of her leather jacket, and rocked on her heals, shielding herself from the winter wind.
“Any relationships? People of interest?” This was the questioning routine; the basics.
“The couple over there,” she gestured to the people I’d seen when I walked in, ”that’s socialites Carolyn Martinez and her fiancé Dave Melillo. She had been William’s ex, they broke up a year ago, she had met Dave, he proposed last month. Carolyn and William were still close friends, and were seen together a lot. Best friends is an understatement or how close they were.”
“How were Dave and William together?” The tension between ex’s usually say a lot. I’m not saying that they hate each other, or there’s jealously, but they’re usually a prime suspect.
“Actually, they were all good. They were perceived as friends, no rivalry, good friends, no tension unusually, enough.” I looked over at the couple. They stood side by side, holding hands, being comforted by what looked like family or neighbors. Carolyn had shoulder length black hair, with tear flooded brown eyes. She wasn’t much taller than 5’2, and carried a tiny structure. Her arms linked with Dave; average heights, average size, generic face, brunette locks and brown eyes to match, handsome guy. The couple looked mid twenties.
“Was he in a relationship of his own?”
“Not that I know of…”
I heard another call pull up, a station car. Natalie, Paige and Ryan opened the doors, and rushed over to us. Ryan Ross and Paige Castro were the crime scene investigators we had working for us; they were two of the most known CSI in all of America.
“Hey, what’s going on?” Natalie asked, pen and paper already in hand.
“Murder of William Beckett, front man of some band.” I informed with my little known knowledge.
“OHMYGOSH I LOVE HIM!” Paige piped up, her high voice possibly breaking the sound barrier. Nadia, Ryan and myself turned around and gave her puzzling look.
“Yeah, Ima go now.” She excused herself, and ran her little self into the house, leaving a trail of strawberry scented perfume behind her.
“I can’t even.” Ryan started as he followed behind her.
“Natalie, I’d go and follow them, seeing as I don’t know much more about this case as you do.” I advised truthfully. She nodded her head, picked up her camera from around her neck, and walked across the lawn.
I turned around to find Nadia interrogating the policemen.
“So how do they think he died?” Nadia asked one of the donut bearing men.
“He was stabbed to death, many knife wounds through the abdominals, and two fatal through the heart.” He answered, looking through his clipboard.
“Shit yo…” Her lips were pulled back into her mouth, and her eyes became wide.
“Yeah, whoever did it most of been angry…” The policeman chuckled, even though it really isn’t anything to laugh at.

Ryan’s POV

The house was a modern day home, brought out by expensive antiques and platinum records everywhere. I think I passed a recording studio on the way in, to just add to the value of the property. It was a beautiful house, everything in its place. It seemed like the ideal rocker’s home, something you see in magazines and such, not in real life. Something of make believe. I had to take it in, knowing it’s a life I’d never live.
“Ryan, this way.” Paige called, catching me off guard. I took my last look and followed her to a room that resembled a kitchen.
There were multiple police just staring, not doing much. I pushed them by and saw the body of William Beckett, laid down on the tile, covered in blood. There were multiple stab wounds across his stomach, and a huge gash in his chest. His hair above his forehead looked like he had been sweating or drenched with water before he was killed. The bloody knife of what killed him had been placed on the flood next to him. The cabinets above his head were slight stained by, nothing compared to the mess on his abdomen.
I pulled out my gloves, and a clear baggie to put the knife in.
“Dammit, let me get through here.” I heard Paige push through the others to get to the body. When she finally got through, she pulled out her flashlight and shed some light on the body to see if there were any other objects used for the killing, or if anywhere else had been stabbed that would of made this as fatal as it already was.
“Yeah, there’s nothing. Just a violent fight with a knife.” She sighed, she crossed her arms across her chest, pushing her dark brown hair behind her ears.
I heard Natalie’s shuffle, as she made her way.
“Dear Lord…” Natalie mumbled as she shot a picture of the body, and the area around it.
“When was the this reported?” Paige asked one of the policemen, the scent of dead human filling up the air.
“20 minutes ago.” Somebody replied. This didn’t look like a fresh murder, he had been there for at least 6 hours, and considering its 10 in the morning, this must have been done last night.
“Who found the body?” Natalie piped up, taking notes.
“Martinez and Melillo, I’d actually go talk to them, they’d know more about his past whereabouts then anybody else would.”
“Hey guys, I’m gonna go and check them out, see what they know” Paige nudged me, and handed me her flashlight.
“Okay, I’ll be out there in 10 minutes” I said, almost subconsciously, blinded by all the gore that was the crime. The cuts in the body were so jagged, and cut on the back of William’s head matches the counter’s edge perfectly, so he was probably violently shoved, and then when he was down that’s when the knife took care of him.
I never understood why this had to happen.
I mean, a lot of the times, murder of a ‘celebrity’ was all out of jealousy. William was a very good looking guy, his house was huge, his band was successful and judging by the crying people outside, he had people that cared dearly about him.
But then you go and ask yourself why the regular Joe is murdered. The same rules tend to apply.

Carolyn POV

He’s gone. Gone forever.
I don’t know how to even think like this.
He’s always been there for me, when nobody else was.
He’s always been my strength, my hope, my best friend, and then death came and snatched him away from me.
I sobbed harder.
Dave pulled me into another embrace, almost muting my cries; but not enough.
I heard the rustles of some leafs behind me, so I must of calmed down.
“Hi, my name is Paige Castro, I’m CSI for the case, I was wondering if I could ask you some questions.” I pulled turned my head towards a girl of late twenties. She had dark brown hair, pin straight, that hung around her face, her skin at a fair tone. Her bangs swooshing across her right eye, bringing out her big brown eyes. She was bit tinier than me; if that was even possible.
“Sure.” Dave answered for the both of us.
Paige nodded her head, and pulled away to a bench along the sidewalk away from the commotion.
I collapsed on the frozen wood, trying to contain myself.
“It’s okay hun,” She rubbed my back, “we’ll find out who did this.”
I nodded, and let my head fall back into Dave’s chest.
I felt his lefts set a kiss on my forehead, and held me closer.
“I can give you guys a moment, we can start the questioning whenever you would like to.” She said in a calm voice as she unzipped her white leather jacket, unveiling a strapless black dress, pulled out a voice recorder, and zipping her jacket back up.
“We’re ready.” Dave answered for the both of us.
Paige clicked on the recorder, and started speaking.
“So, when’s the last time you saw William before this morning?” She asked carefully.
“We saw him last night, there was a record party, everybody was there. He seemed fine.” Dave’s throat vibrated against my face, and I straightened up.

“Did anybody go home with him?”
“No, he just took a cab back home.” I spoke up, my voice cracking.
“What time was this around?”
“The party ended near midnight, Becky was the last to leave.” Dave spoke again, running his fingers through my hair.
“Um… Whose Becky?” Paige asked with a confused face one.
“William.” I shrieked out, tears breaking through my eyes again.
Becky had been my pet name of him.
William Beckett, last name Beckett, can be shortened to Becky, or lengthened to Rebecca since Becky is a nickname for Rebecca. I always used to call him that just to make him mad, but deep down inside, he thought it was just as funny as I made it out to be.
“Oh… Ohkay.” She awkwardly scratched her head as I broke out into more hysterias.
Poor girl.
“Um, did he have anybody that held a grudge against him, or anybody that would make them an enemy to him?” She kept on with her questioning, as I kept on with my breakdowns
“Nope, he was everybody’s friend, I mean with a few ‘Haters’ here and there, fanwise, he was a nice person.” Dave kept his voice smooth, and not all that loud, so I could barely hear.
“What has his relationship to you guys? How’d you meet?”
“When I met him, he was Carolyn’s boyfriend. I met Caro and William at a party two years ago.” Dave recalled; I swallowed my tears a spoke up. This was only going to help his case.
“I’ve known him for 4 years, we met through a friend. When I was 24 we started dating, we were together for 3 years, and we broke up last year.” I managed to choke out, wiping away tears, and sitting up on my own.
“And he didn’t have a problem with Dave?” She asked me, making a slightly awkward for him.
“Not that I know of, we’ve all been friend for a long time, he never seemed to have a problem with any of my guy friends. He’s always been like a big brother, or a best friend.” Memories flashed before my eyes; Without him, I would of never came to be the same person I am right now.
Funny how much someone can change your life.
“Where’d you find him?”
“I had called him to see if he had wanted to go out to breakfast with us, and he always answers his phone, and since the restaurant was pass his house, we decided we’d just surprise him. We rang the door bell, but that’s when we noticed the front door was unlocked, we let ourselves in and, well, there he was.” Dave explained, a few breaks in his voice. I couldn’t listen anymore; I shut out the world, and tried not to think.
A few more minutes of questioning went by, and I hadn’t said anything.
“Alright guys, thanks so much, I can see that it may be a little too soon to go too much into detail, so we’ll pick this back up maybe tomorrow, I appreciate your cooperation.” Paige stood up, and shook both of our hands.
“Anytime.” I replied, with the slightest smile.
“I know what it’s like to have to live in such agony and pain, but he’s in a better place right now, and we’ll find the person that did this to you and him, and they’ll suffer the consequences.” She recited, almost like she had said this a thousand times before.
“Thanks, we appreciate it.” Dave half smiled, sliding his arm around my waist.
She flashed a perfectly white smile, and ran off to her colleagues.
I enveloped myself in his Dave’s chest, taking in the smell of cologne.
“I’ll be okay, baby, we’ll fix this.” He whispered in my ear.
I closed my eyes, and breathed in the scent of downtown LA, remembering the times I felt alive.

Brendon’s POV

We drove back to the office after two hours at the scene of the crime.
Me, Nadia, Natalie, Ryan and Paige sat around the conference table, and began sharing information.
“Okay, so what do we know?” I asked to start off the meeting.
“Someone was killed, any other stupid questions?” Nadia bluntly stated.
After a while, the random blows to your intelligence and common sense start to get old, and it doesn’t offend you anymore.
“William Beckett, age 27, front man for band “The Academy Ain’t”, killed last night, its estimated around 2 o’clock, total of 7 stabs to the chest, 2 fatal stabs to the heart.” Ryan read from his clipboard; he had spent a good hour and half scoping out the body.
“He spend last night at a part, was taken home by a cab, no relationships, good friends, all around good guy, no one that we know of so far that maybe would of thought about murder.” Natalie added, taking out her camera and passing them over to me.
“So what are we going to do, keep this on the down low until we know more than two people, or write about it now?” I asked Natalie, observing the roll of pictures still in the camera.
“Well obviously the public needs to know something about their rock ‘n roll icon, just write a general article, doesn’t need to be in great detail, it’ll probably still make front page, but whatever, use big fonts, we shouldn’t lead the public into any suspicions until we have a lead.” Nadia took over, going on with her know it all self.
“Got it.” Natalie nodded abruptly.
“Tomorrow, Paige and Ryan, I want you to go meet with some of the band mates, close friends, neighbors. Natalie, get going on your article, and Nadia, go pull that stick out of your ass.” I assigned with a smirk, mentally slapping Nadia in the face
“Urie, remember who saved your ass from working with Brent Wilson.” Nadia snapped back, with a hiss that could of made anger wolf meme pee itself (lolwut).
“Ohhhhhhhh SNAP.” Paige yelled louder then necessary.
“AND BREAK!” Nadia slammed her hands on the table, and everybody got up, and went to do their jobs.

Oh the sweet feeling of knowing that you’re going to be working on the largest time consuming case of your life.


Hay ya’ll
Paige finally decided to write something after 32374023984 months.
Sorry I made everybody wait 32374023984 months. Its nothing personal.
So I hope you guys didn’t think this chapter was as horrible as I thought it was.
Intros are always /socially awkward/.
Sweet.
BROS, AND IF I SAID I'D PUT YOU IN HERE, BE PATIENT, ONLY LIKE 2 CHARACTERS WERE IN THE FIRST CHAPPY BRO. I'LL INSERT YOU IN HUR AT SOME POINT. I PROMISE.
Well I love you dearly.
Any questions/comments/concerns, IM me: bonepallacepaige
-Paige

p.s. I suck at life.
Sign up to rate and review this story