Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > I'm Not One For Love Songs

I'm Not One For Love Songs (Epilogue)

by ohsotay23 5 reviews

Okay, so I said I wouldn't post the final chapter just yet, but I am. Review! :]

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Humor,Romance - Published: 2010-04-04 - Updated: 2010-04-05 - 1935 words - Complete

1Funny
Author's Note: Alright, so I literally just posted the chapter before this a few hours ago but I decied to post the last chapter right now. My bestfrand who also writes on here made a deal with me because she wasn't patient enough to wait. :l Her username is noregretrn23 is also a frequent fixture in the fob section and a currently story of hers that you might see floating around is Fawns On Hunters Lawns. Check It Out!
And review please!
I love you all! And this story was so much fun to write! Thank you for all the support. :']


Song Recommendation- The World Has Its Shine (But I Would Drop It On A Dime)- Cobra Starship


I'm Not One For Love Songs


6 Months Later

“Baby, where is my super light blue plaid shirt?!” Gabe screamed, with his head under the bed.

I leaned against the bedroom door frame, amused by his distress, “Second drawer from the top, dark brown side table on the by the door,” I told him.

He jumped over the bed in a hurry to the drawer and opened it and found the shirt. Yes, his cast was off and he was completely healed, luckily, with only a few scars left as evidence that the accident had even happened. He waved the shirt around wildly, silently cheering. He looked over towards me with a big smile, “What would I do without you Natty?”

“I have absolutely no idea, you big goof. You probably wouldn't be able to function at all,” I teased as he finished buttoning his shirt and came over and wrapped his arms around me as we both sighed.

“You got that right babe,” he said into my ear as he nuzzled into my neck as I ran my fingers through his hair affectionately.

“So, are you ready for the show?” I asked with a proud smile as I turned in our embrace to face him. Cobra Starship had been recording constantly over the past few months and were just about ready to release a new album. It was a little different from While The City Sleeps We Rule The Streets and has a bit different of a vibe and their new keytarist Vicky was such a sweetheart. They had a few titles floating around for the new album but I was mostly for Viva La Cobra!, which Travis McCoy had inspired.

“I was born ready,” he smirked. I rolled my eyes at his cockiness, but honestly loving it. The band had started playing again and were getting a really good response from the music scene. They wanted to possibly go on tour this Winter with Fall Out Boy and a few other bands. Of course I would miss Gabe and everyone else immensely, but I was really excited for them all. I mean, they could always convince the label that they needed a nurse on tour. And of course I am insanely proud of my boy. Also, I must add that while he did not go completely cold turkey, which I wouldn't have expected of him, Gabe had given up on getting drunk and would have two drinks at the most when he decided to drink, which was only once every two weeks or so. I couldn't ask for more. I was very enthusiastic about that, that's for sure.

“Alright, ready to go then?” I asked, checking my hair one last time, patting down my waist high skirt and grabbing my purse.

“You know it,” he winked and grabbed my hand as we walked towards the door and locked it behind us. As we went down the elevator and walked out the door I felt the familiar comfort of his arm as it wrapped around my waist.

2 Hours Later

I had been hanging out with the band and Joe and Jay, who had come to see the show, in one of the back dressing rooms of this venue before it had gotten a little too hectic with the other bands. Me and the two engaged ones decided to say our goodbyes, wish them luck, and go hang out near the bar.

We watched the first two bands play, the first was mediocre, but the second was pretty decent and had some pretty good screamo mixed with the vocals. I talked to Jay and Joe about what was going on with the wedding, which was planned from June 23rd of this upcoming year. The planning was going pretty well, but it could be better. We were still trying to convince Joe that it was not a brilliant idea to use a monkey as the ring bearer and that no, he could not have his groomsmen dress in hot pink suits. It would be fine though. We just had to stop listening to his ideas all together.

We stayed back by the bar, not even wanting to get near the crowd in the pit where everyone was jumping up and down singing and screaming. I got over that when I left high school. I did not need to deal with jumping, screaming, groupies to try and get the attention of my boyfriend. He's mine, and I didn't need to feel jealous about fans. Of course the girls screaming his name and telling him that they wanted to have his babies took me a few weeks to get used to, with a few punched girls in my wake. Oops?

Anyways, it was quiet as a guitar rift could be heard and the beginning of The Church Of Hot Addiction started. Before I could even blink Gabe jumped onto the stage from the side entrance and slid onto his knees to the edge of the stage as he started singing the lyrics with the dramatic looks on his face that never ceased to amuse. More than a few times during the song he would sing a few lines directly to me with a wink. Watching him go through the set list, with some newer songs added in,

“And now, to end the show,” there were some calls of disappointment as Gabe just smiled and hushed them, “I'm going to sing one last song from our new album. This one was written for the person that I would not be able to function, or live, with out. This one's for you Nat, from me to you,” and with some 'awwws' I could hear the beginning chords of a relatively slower song.

I'm not one for love songs
The way I'm living makes you feel like giving up,
But you don't
And I want everything for you, but disappointment...


And as the song went on, I couldn't help but get teary eyed. I love this man. I really, truly love this man and I knew that if I ever had to live without him, I wouldn't be living a happy life. He barely broke eye contact through the whole song and the sweet, loving look on his face brought the largest smile to my face, even has I wiped a few happy tears away. When the song ended the cheering from the crowd was the loudest that I had heard it all night.

“Thanks everyone! You better have fucking loved the show! I was dancing my ass of tonight!” Gabe joked as he began wrapping up the show with a goodbye. “And before we leave I want the girl that this was song was written about to get her ass on this stage right now!” he called into the crowd and they all cheered, looking around, wondering who this mystery girl that had Gabe so enraptured was.

“Nat! Come here before I come and get you!” he yelled directly at me with a wink.

Jay actually physically pushed me into the crowd. They all gradually turned as they realized that I was the girl that Gabe was talking about and parted ways for me.

“I would make some religious jokes about the parting of the crowd, but I'm a Jew and that just doesn't seem very appropriate,” Gabe joked as the security in front of the stage lifted me on to the stage. I awkwardly looked around and then face Gabe with a questioning look on my face.

“Uhm, what's going on?” I leaned in and asked him quietly.

“Well,” he spoke into the microphone, “You're the woman of my dreams, and you're the person that gets me most. Without you, I would probably be dead right now,” he said seriously as the crowd listened closely, “I want everyone to know just how much I love you, because when you feel for someone as strongly as I feel for you, you just want to scream it from the rooftops. I'm kinda freaked out by heights though, so this is the closes that I'm going to get,” he tried lightening the mood and got a few chuckled from the crowd, “But in all seriousness, I have just one thing to ask you, actually two things,” he said.

I was completely confused but nodded anyways as a way to get him to continue.

“First of all, gold or silver?” he asked.

“Silver, you know that,” I kind of chuckled, still completely lost.

“Then it's a good thing that I got the white gold. Phew,” he wiped his forehead in a relieved fashion as I raised my eyebrow at him. He took a deep breath before continuing, “And that leads me to my next question,” he paused as the crowd, just as confused as me, looked on with bated breaths, “Natalia, the love of my love, the quirkiest, craziest, most amazing woman that I've ever known, my soul mate, will you do me the honor of marrying me?” he asked with a completely serious look on his face as he got down on one knee with an open ring box that I hadn't even noticed him take out. It was the most beautiful ring that I had ever seen in my life, it was perfect. I immediately gasped and my hands went to my mouth as tears came to my eyes.

He looked at me hopefully with the question still lingering in the air.

“Well, you probably wouldn't take not for an answer, huh?” I joked as he smile along with me and the crowd still sat in the suspense, “Of course I'll marry you, you dork,” I smiled and he slipped the ring onto my finger before sweeping me into his arms in a tight embrace and showering my face in kisses. I could barely hear the cat calls, cheers, or very distinct calls of “Get some!” that were coming from Jay and Joe as me and Gabe were in our own moment up on stage.

“Ready to spend the rest of your life with me?” Gabe asked me cheekily.

“I was born ready,” I said cockily, mimicking his words from earlier.

We shared a smile before sharing a passionate kiss which started a whole new round of catcalls and cheers.

So, my life might not have been easy or very happy all the time, but whose life is? And I was once one of those girls that never wanted to settle down, because relationships just didn't seem to be worth it. I learned a very important lesson though, thanks to Gabriel Eduardo Saporta. You just had to find the person that was worth it. Gabe was that person for me.

I looked at him and realized the truth of what I had told him, I was born ready. I was ready to be Mrs. Saporta.

Everything would be okay. More than okay.
Sign up to rate and review this story