Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > The Taste of Ink

A Taste of Something New

by rawr-ness 1 review

Comments, please? :3

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG - Genres: Humor,Romance - Characters: Bob Bryar,Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Published: 2010-04-06 - Updated: 2010-04-06 - 922 words

0Unrated
"So we were thinking about doing a couple shows here in Jersey first, so you guys get used to the scene. Have you ever played a live show before?" Frank asked, he turned to Carter as he laughed.

"Define the word 'show'?"

"On a stage, a crowd of at least fifty people." Gerard walked in, coffee in hand.

I shook my head. "We never played a show. Only thing we would play are basement shows with ten people maximum."

Gerard laughed. "I remember those days. Our first show was around thirty people, they were mad into it."

"It was horrible though when we first started touring, remember our van." Frank laughed and rolled over on the couch we were sitting on.

"Anyway, after that the label was thinking of sending us to France, if you're alright with that. Sometimes it's a little hard to understand anyone when you're out of the country."

"Not Casey, how many languages do you speak?" Carter asked me as he counted his fingers.

"Five," I smiled, feeling proud. Frankie smiled at me and leaned in closer.

“What do you speak?” He asked, his eyes filled with enthusiasm.

"Eh... english, french, spanish, italian, and german."

"Really, well you'd have no problem understanding what people say if they don't speak english." Frank leaned in closer, I felt as if my breath were to stop, thinking he'd kiss me.

He reached out and grabbed the small packet of Skittles on the table beside me. I sighed and walked over to Cater's bunk, looking through his notebook.

"Hey?! You wrote a new song?" I shouted back at Carter. He chuckled and grabbed the notebook from me. "Wanna hear it, just go get Alex and her guitar." I nodded, running around the bus, finding Alex and Ray in the back with Bob and Mikey playing a video game.

"Alex, come on. Carter's got a new song and -" She jumped immediately and ran to the front of the bus.

"He wants to play it for us." I laughed as Ray and Bob followed behind me.

"What's the song called?" Alex asked, taking the notebook from Carter's hands. Probably seeing what chords she'll use, tuning, etc.

"I actually haven't given it a title yet. I haven't even finished it. You got the chords?" Alex nodded and started playing what was written on the paper.


'Is it worth can you even tell me, standing with your spotlight on me
Not enough to feed the hungry, I'm tired and I felt it for awhile
In this sea of lonely, the taste of ink is getting old
It's four o'clock in the fucking morning, each day gets more like the last day
Still I can see it coming, walk steady in the river drowning
This could be my chance to break out, this could be our chance to say goodbye

At last it's finally over, couldn't take this town much longer
Being half dead wasn't what I planned to be, now I'm ready to be free

So here I am, it's in my hand and I'll savior every moment of this
So here I am, live at last and I'll savior every moment of this'
"

Carter looked up at us and shrugged.

"It's not much, couldn't sleep last night, wrote what I feel, came up with this."

Alex shook her head. "I really like it, it's cool. Definitely what we're all feeling right now. Is that all?" Carter showed her his notebook and nodded.

"Well, let's write the rest then!" Alex said excitedly grabbing the notebook and a pen in her hands. I laughed and ran to get Maxxie and Storm.

I opened up the small curtains to their bunks, seeing that they were fast asleep.

"Maxxie, wake up. Carter's got a new song, we're helping him write it." He moaned and got up, heading toward the front of the bus and grabbing a coffee that Gerard had prepared for him.

"Storm, get your lazy arse up!" Storm hopped out of bed and ran toward Maxxie, jumping right on his lap.

"I hate you in the mornings," laughed Maxxie as he pushed Storm off his lap.

"Uh... how about,
'Won't you think I'm pretty when I'm standing top the bright lit city
And I'll take your hand and pick you up, and keep there so you can see
As long as you're alive again, I promise I will take you there
Drink and dance the night away, we'll drink and dance the night away tonight'

And then back to the chorus." Added Maxxie

"Sounds good. I like it!" I smiled widely.

Alex played along to Carter's singing, making it sound just so much more amazing.

"What else?"

"'As long as you're alive, here I am. I promise I will take you there
As long as you're alive, here I am. I promise I will take you there!'

And then back to the 'won't you think I'm pretty," blah blah part. Then back to this, then chorus"

I laughed and nodded, writing it down all in the notebook. I handed it to Carter as he sang it with Alex on guitar.

"Is this your first song?" Gerard asked with a smile on his face.

I shook my head and Storm answered. "Not our first but it's not like we've written a ton." Gerard nodded and began talking to Storm about songs and writing.

I smiled and looked out of the window, seeing the sun setting as we drove to Reprise Records in New York.
Sign up to rate and review this story