Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Her Best Therapy

Chapter Thirteen

by highoxer15feet 4 reviews

What would you do in six months?

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Humor,Romance - Published: 2010-04-07 - Updated: 2010-04-08 - 1434 words

0Unrated
“I can’t believe you’re doing this to me,” Gabby yelled, stomping into the house. “You hire a wedding planner, instead of letting me do it! I’ve been planning my own wedding for over a year, I know what I’m doing!”

Carson rolled her eyes, “I know you could do it Gabby, but you have work and Brandon and your own wedding and me to worry about so yes, we hired a wedding planner.”

“I get to come dress shopping still, right?” She asked hesitantly.

Carson fought the urge to bang her head against the nearest wall, and nodded, “Of course. I just haven’t decided when to do that yet.”

“Your wedding is in two months, we should already have the dress!” Gabby replied. “We should go looking today!”

“Gabs, I’m not up to it,” Carson sighed, glancing down at her hands, flexing the fingers. “I’m really tired from this past week. I mean, hello. I got engaged, and moved into my fiancée’s mansion, where I learned that I really don’t own all that much stuff. I’m exhausted, and I can’t go dress shopping today.” Her voice was getting increasingly louder, and she found that she couldn’t (wouldn’t) stop it. “I’m engaged to a rock star, who I’ve only known for a month. I’m twenty-five years old and I’ve never had sex, I really haven’t gone past the stage of serious groping because I still have misguided notions of ‘saving myself’ for marriage, so I’m just a little stressed out and don’t really want to run around trying to find the fairytale wedding dress of my fucking dreams.”

Gabby looked thoughtful for a moment, and then leaned over, hugging her friend, “It’s good you got that out of your system. I have to go to work; I’ll talk to you later.”

Carson groaned, stretching along the couch, thinking about how absolutely insane her family was. She was patiently waiting for the moment Caleb was going to burst in, demanding why he hadn’t been hired for the job. Until then, she couldn’t really think of a way to spend her time. She didn’t really have the energy to do anything, it was the first time she truly understood what the doctors meant. She wouldn’t (couldn’t) be as energetic as she used to be, as she wanted to be.

Pete was supposedly in studio, but she suspected that he had other things he was doing. Mostly because he refused to answer his phone and Patrick had confessed that he hadn’t been in the studio that day when she had called him. Carson wasn’t really worried, though she supposed that she should be, considering her fiancée was some kind of famous rock star. She should be worrying about whether he’s meeting with some gorgeous fellow celebrity, but she found she really didn’t even have the energy for that. She guessed, more accurately than the suspicions she refused to have, that he was either working, or doing something for her, like he had a tendency to do.

It was almost a game, seeing who would get there first. She actually had her money on Pete, because Caleb had no sense of direction and was likely to get lost on the way. It was already five, and she didn’t really know how the time had slipped past her. She had spent the day watching TV, curled up on the couch with Hemmingway in the crook of her legs. She had watched so much TV it was getting to the point where it was slightly ridiculous, but her piano wasn’t being delivered for another week and it was kind of driving her crazy. She sat up as she heard the front door open; laughing internally as Pete appeared, lugging a long rectangular box.

“Okay, okay, so I know I said I’d be at the studio and I know you called and Patrick told me that he told you I wasn’t at the studio but I was looking for this, because I had to make sure you had the best one possible,” Pete said hurriedly, leaning against the wall.

“He really did, I think we called like fifteen places, and visited ten more,” Brendon laughed, following with a smaller box.

She stood shakily, smiling, “What did you get me? I’m assuming it’s something I don’t really need.”

Pete leaned over, kissing her lightly, “No I think you’ll agree with me that you need this.” He quickly opened the box, pulling out a long object, turning it to face Carson.

She tilted her head to the side, looking up at Pete, unshed tears shining in her eyes, “You didn’t have to do that for me.”

“Yes, I did,” He answered softly, slowly unwrapping the keyboard while Brendon set up a stand for it.

She blinked away the tears, wishing she wasn’t always emotional as Caleb walked into the room. She hugged Pete, whispering thanks before grabbing her brother’s hand, dragging him to the kitchen. She motioned for him to sit down while she shuffled around, putting water on the stove for tea.

“I know I should be mad at you for hiring a wedding planner, when I am your brother and am completely capable of planning your wedding,” He started, watching her as she carefully lowered herself into a chair. “But you look so tired. Are you doing okay?”

“It’s been a busy week,” She said simply. “The doctor said I’d get tired more easily… I just didn’t expect it to happen so soon. I don’t know, I expected I’d beat the odds or something and last longer than most.”

“What exactly did your doctor say?” Caleb asked quietly, not meeting her eyes.

“Well. Technically he said I would probably be too tired to get out of bed within a month,” Carson admitted, a small smile tugging at her lips.

“So you’re kind of beating the odds already aren’t you?”

She shrugged, “I guess you could say that.”

He took hold of her hand, “And I don’t want to sound too optimistic or anything, God knows I’m not trying to get my hopes up for some miraculous cure or something, but you always hear stories of people lasting longer than the doctor’s prognosis. They don’t live the life expectancy but… Sometimes they get a few more months.”

Carson squeezed his hand, standing as the pot started whistling, “I’m just waiting it out to see what happens.” There was a pause, and Carson wondered what Caleb was thinking. She poured the water into a tea pot, letting the tea leaves sit as she leaned against the counter.

“Car?” She looked at him, wondering what he was going to say next. “Are you scared?”

She closed her eyes, turning the question around in her head for a second. “I’m scared about what might happen when I leave. I’m scared about Gabby, and Pete, and if they’re going to be okay. I’m not scared to die though.” She poured the tea into two mugs, handing him one. “Now, come on. We have to go make sure those idiots didn’t break my new keyboard already.” She looped her arm in his, walking calmly into the living room despite the serious conversation they had just finished.

“We did it!” Brendon smiled proudly. “Pete and I actually managed to put something together.”

“That’ll show them,” Pete nodded. “Everyone will finally forget the dining room set fiasco.” Carson shook her head, leaving Caleb’s side to lean against Pete, who automatically wrapped his arms around her. “You do like it, right?”

“I love it,” She answered, taking a sip of tea, letting the warmth spread through her body. “Everything is perfect. Don’t worry.”
~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
A/N- I feel like I'm on a roll. Two chapters up within two months, that's practically a new record for me. Please, please, please review, anybody review. I didn't get any on the last chatper, and it kind of (really) made me sad.
Sign up to rate and review this story