Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > I'll Never Let Them Hurt You

Eleven

by thatcrazedfan 2 reviews

Comment? :)

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Drama,Romance - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way - Published: 2010-04-08 - Updated: 2010-04-08 - 667 words - Complete

0Unrated
Nikki's POV

I set the note back on the table and leaned back on the couch. Today was turning into a pretty good day. I mean, I didn't know much about this Frank guy, but if he was going to make dinner, then he was good in my book. Maybe my dad had finally brought home someone that will be good for us. On top of that, I had my first kiss today, and it was amazing. Jacob was turning into a pretty decent guy. I still wasn't sure exactly sure what we were, but whatever it was, it was good.

I stood up and started walking into my room when I watched my dad's bedroom door open. He stood in the doorway looking at me. I smiled, "Hey, dad."

He nodded. I could tell that he was still tired, "Where did Frank go?"

"He went to the store. There was a note on the coffee table." I smiled and started walking towards my room.

My dad speaking stopped me, "You seem happy... Why?"

I turned to him and smiled wider, "I met someone."

He smiled, "Congratulations." He paused, "I guess my little girl is growing up."

I nodded, "I guess so."

He nodded, "Make sure I meet him sometime, okay."

I smiled and finally walked into my room and for the first time in a long time, I left the door open. Not wide open, but not closed.

I lay on my bed and smiled. I couldn't get over how awesome today was. I just hoped that this Frank character was a good guy. My dad seemed happier, and a lot more social, so maybe Frank was going to be a good addition to our family. I sure hoped so. I wondered if I should call Jacob. My dad said that he wanted to meet him. I don't know if he was just saying that now and might change his mind, or if he really meant it. I sure hope he meant it.

I was just about to call him when my dad called me from the kitchen. I shook my head and smiled. I slowly got off my bed and walked into the kitchen. My dad was helping this Frank guy put the groceries away. I sat down at the table, "So... what are we having?"

Frank looked up at me, startled, "Umm... What do you want?"

I shrugged, "What are you having?"

He shrugged, "Probably a salad or something..."

I smiled, "That sound delicious."

He smiled, "Do you want any meat in it or something?"

I shook my head, "I don't eat meat."

He nodded and turned back to the groceries, "I think that you and me are going to get along great."

I laughed and watched them put away the rest of the groceries. When they were finished, my dad came and sat down next to me. We watched in silence as Frank made three salads; One for each of us. He soon had them sitting in front of us. I picked up my fork to start eating and he almost had a heart attack, "Wait! We have to say a prayer first."

I set my fork down and waited in silence as he sat down at the table. He smiled at the both of us before beginning the prayer, "Thank you lord for letting us be able to eat this wonderful meal. We are forever thankful. Amen."

"Amen." Me and my dad said in unison. I looked at him at the same moment that he turned to look at me. Obviously he didn't know this about Frank. It wasn't a bad thing, it was just weird. The last time we ever did anything like this was when we were still a normal family. Back when Danni and my mom were still alive. Before that drunk driver came and changed everything...

It was kind of ironic... Frank doing that. Now it was really starting to seem like my life was falling into place.
Sign up to rate and review this story