Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > I'll Never Let Them Hurt You

Twelve

by thatcrazedfan 1 review

This is one of my favorite chapters. :)

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Drama,Romance - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way - Published: 2010-04-16 - Updated: 2010-04-16 - 951 words - Complete

0Unrated
Nikki's POV

"...Jacob, people are staring at us...." I whispered as we walked into the school, hand in hand. Jacob had made it very clear earlier, in the parking lot that me and him were official. He waited until everyone and their cousins were looking at us before he kissed me. I wanted to slap him, but then he smiled and grabbed my hand. I still felt like slapping him...

"Let them stare." he chuckled, "We can stare back if it will make you feel better."

"Ha-ha. Very funny." I faked a laugh, and we continued walking. When we reached my first class, I had never been so relieved or so upset at the same time. I was relieved because the stares would probably stop, and I was upset because, I would have to be away from Jacob. It seemed silly. Me falling so hard so fast... Coming from someone that at an early age vowed they would never have a boyfriend, or get married, or anything like that. But my life was changing, and everything was going really well. I didn't want to tell someone that I liked so much, to just leave me alone because I had made a pact with myself.

He kissed my cheek, bringing me out of my thoughts, before he continued down the hallway to his class. I sighed and walked into my class. I glanced up at the clock and I still had a few minutes before the class officially started. I shrugged and walked to my seat. Just as I had sat down, Leah was standing in front of my desk, smiling.

Leah, who happened to be one of Jacob's ex girlfriends, was the one of the most annoying people I had ever met. We were friends when we were younger, before my mom and sister died. I'm not sure what ever happened between us, all I knew is that she didn't like me. She also happened to the the most wanted girl in the school. For more than one reason. She was what every guy wanted; blonde hair and blue eyes... You get the picture.

She widened her smile when I turned my attention to her, "So...? What's going on between you and Jay-Jay?"

I smiled slightly. She still called him Jay-Jay. How funny...

I shrugged, "I guess that we're --"

She cut me off mid sentence, "I don't know what he sees in you..." She flipped her hair over her shoulder, as to emphasize what she was saying, "I mean... you're definitely not his type." She smirked and opened her mouth to speak again, when the bell rang. At first she didn't seem to hear it but when the teacher yelled at her to get in her seat, she quickly walked to her seat in the front of the class and sat down.

I knew that she was just saying those things to make me not want to be with Jacob, but somewhere deep down, I couldn't help but think that maybe she was right... Maybe me and Jacob shouldn't be together.

---

I walked into the cafeteria and noticed that Jacob was sitting at my table, waiting for me. When he saw me he smiled. He jumped up and ran over to where I was standing. He grabbed my hand and walked with my to the lunch line. I sighed, "Jacob, I'm not hungry..."

He nodded, "Okay..." He let go of my hand and I walked to the table alone. I looked at him waiting in the line, and he was looking at me, concern filling his eyes. I shook my head and put my head down on the table.

I listened to everyone around me talking to their friends and laughing. After what happened earlier in class, I didn't feel like finishing the day, but I felt like I needed to see Jacob. Though, when I saw him, it just made everything worse.

After a few minutes of sitting alone, I heard Jacob set his tray down on the table. I didn't move. I didn't know if I could handle looking at him again. I could feel him sitting next to me. I couldn't tell if he was eating or not, but he was being extremely quiet. I chanced a glance at noticed that he was just sitting there. Looking at me.

"Nikki...?" he asked.

I unwillingly raised my head and looked him the eyes, "What?"

He shook his head, "Is something wrong?"

I shook my head. I didn't know if I could say what I was thinking without crying, but I said it anyway, "Jacob..." I paused, "I don't know if this is right... I don't know if we should be together."

His mouth fell open and he was silent for a second, "Did I do something wrong...? Or was it something else?"

I didn't answer. I couldn't. It hurt to much...

He slammed his hand, now clenched into a fist, on the table, "Damn it, Nikki! What's wrong?"

I shied away from him slightly. If I moved away much more, I would have fallen out of my chair. I could feel the tears building in my eyes. I just looked him in the eyes.

He blinked his eyes and looked away from me, "Someone said something to you... Didn't they?"

I nodded.

He grabbed my hand, "Who was it?"

"Leah..." I said after a few seconds of silence.

He smiled, "Don't listen to her. She doesn't know what she's talking about."

There were no words to describe how good that made me feel. At least, I knew that maybe me and him were supposed to be together. I just needed to stop worrying about everything so much.
Sign up to rate and review this story