Categories > Cartoons > Class of the Titans > It's Time

Knowing who we are may just kill us

by danikarules14 0 reviews

Gramps decides to tell the pair about their recorded past... their origins.

Category: Class of the Titans - Rating: G - Genres:  - Published: 2010-04-09 - Updated: 2010-04-10 - 2332 words - Complete

0Unrated
Jake's POV

We got back to G's shop around 5pm that day. I was exhausted and wanted to sleep but there were things that had to be taken care of, like what are we gonna do with Cienna? She had no clothes, no necessities and nowhere to go. I'm pretty sure that Gramps was thinking the same thing but it was apparent Cienna wasn't,

"Oh my God!!! I'm in NEW YORK!!" While she was asking Trixie and Spud questions about the city I walked over to Gramps,

"Where is she going to stay G?" I asked quietly.

"I was thinking of asking your mother if she could stay with you until we sort out a better arrangement." He thought aloud. That would be cool! I could clean out the shoe room and throw some bounce sheets inside and it'll be liveable.

I went to fly Trixie and Spud home, Cienna tagged along because Trixie wanted to lend her some clothes until she got her own. Turns out that Cienna has been robbing salvation army boxes for clothes for the past while, which would explain why she wore a shirt 5 sizes too big (that she tied in a knot at the side with an elastic). I flew Spud home first seeing that he was closer.

When we got to Trixie's house we went into her room where she handed Cienna a bunch of unused clothing that her mom got her from her travels that weren't her 'style'. They were about the same size, just different build, so the clothes fit fine. Cienna hugged Trixie gratefully, Trix gave me a look asking me if it was safe to hug her back, I nodded and she returned the hug. We threw the clothes in a bag and headed off for home, but I had another idea.

I stopped at Grand Central park and landed in an open field closed off to humans.

"Where are we?" She asked me curiously.

"This is where I train for field work. This is where I first learned to fly, would you like to learn?" Her face lit up and a big smile set on her face,

"Really?! Of course!!" She din't try to mask any excitement, she seemed really eager, just like I was. Maybe she'll become a really good flyer, she definetly has the wingspan for it.

I showed her how to push herself off the ground and how to time her push off so she didn't send herself flying face first into the ground. She caught on really quickly and soon enough we were flying around the field, Gramps and I would always have a game of tag to help me gain some agility and strengthen my wings so I decided to give it a try. I gave the lesson for about an hour before I decided we should get going.

"Do you want to fly back?" I asked, knowing the answer immediately.

"Sure!" She seemed to really enjoy flying almost as much as I did, but I had to make sure nothing went wrong,

"If you stall or have any problems I need you let me know right away and to change back into your human form."

"Ya, no prob." She glided over to her clothes and had a bit of a rough landing before she took off and joined me.

We flew back to the shop without a glitch, except for a rough landing on her part. Gramps greeted us at the back door.

"I'm pleased to see that you are learning quickly." he said with a smile. "Come inside, we have something to show you."

We walked inside and saw Fu sitting at the counter, the curtains were drawn and the sign said closed. When he saw us, Fu grabbed the book in front of him and motioned us to the couch. Grampa served tea and sat down across from us.

"I have something very important to discuss with you." he started, "As you probably know, its not a coincidence or even a surprise that you two have been brought together. It is shocking that you two remembered your past so quickly though. Fu and I have done a bit of research and we found where you might have originated. Fu." Gramps handed the spotlight over to Fu and he opened the book to show an indistinct blurr, there was a long slience as if neither of them wanted to tell us. Finally Gramps continued,

"A few hundred years ago, the Dark Dragon's wife The Air Dragon gave birth to a son named Jacob. They lived in the magical world and were the guardians of the magical creatures of the third realm. When Jacob was only a couple years old, an Orphaned baby dragon was left in the gutter near their home, The Air Dragon (Grace) took her in and named her Cinthia..." Cienna listened intently on what was being said, Why do we have close to the same names as we did back then?

"... When they were about 9 or so, the Dark Dragon started to become corrupt, his soul was enveloped in pure evil. His wife was aware but he killed her before she could get in the way, he wanted to rule the magical world and have it over run and even annihalate the entire human race..." The book showed a picture of a pretty woman in her mid thirties, I stared in shock until Cienna exclaimed, "Thats the woman from the river! She was there when I fell in!" She was also the onle who dragged me across the floor not a week ago. She was my mom? Gramps continued,

"...He started training Jacob and Cinthia to become the key to his success but he couldn't convince them into doing his dirty work. When they were in their mid twenties, the Dark Dragon started to attack the magical community, gaining power with every kill. Jacob and Cinthia hid some refugee magical creatures until Jacob could confront whoever was destroying the balance, unaware it was his own father..." Cienna looked at me and I realized that this was what I saw in my dream. The book showed two dragons, we didn't look much different back then than we do now. I was a bit more built then and was a bit darker in the scales, Cienna was closer to a light pink (whitish) than a redish-pink.

"... Jacob looked everywhere but couldn't find him, a wounded giant told him who was commiting the slaughter, and he ran back to the refuge. When he got there, his father had already killed Cinthia and the hidden creatures... and soon... he killed Jacob as well." There was a chill in the air and nobody spoke. Clearing his throat, Fu spoke out,

"Umm, since then there was a bunch of reports of them returning to try and kill the Dark Dragon, but everytime they would be defeated and the Dark Dragon would become even more powerful."

"So pretty much don't die." Danika said bluntly

"How do you know that we're even them? This is how partnered dragons find each other pretty much, how come you're so sure?" I asked skeptically, it's true. Dragons who are meant to be partnered are usually attracted to each other, the Czechoslovakian dragon travelled all the way to Portugal to find his partner (the Portugese dragon's brother), now the crime rate in Czechoslovakia's magical community has gone down quite a bit.

"Because, Jake. Jacob only returns through his blood line, his descendants if you will. I am a descendant of his cousin. Neither Jacob or Cinthia ever had any children, they never really ever lived past 30. I think that the Dark Dragon is aware of our background and thats why he tried to kill me in Hong Kong, he wanted to cut off our bloodline to prevent his son's returning, your return."

"What about Cinthia?" I asked

"If Jacob doesn't return, Cinthia doesn't. If Cinthia isn't born, neither is Jacob. It's just easier to track down Jacob than Cinthia because no one knows where she came from or how she returns" he said simply

Cienna's POV

Hearing all this sent me into a storm of thoughts and mixed emotions. I didn't know WHAT to think! I started to get a really bad headache and felt a bit nauseated. Jake jumped up off the couch and ran to the bathroom and was violently ill, I didn't move. Lao Shi looked almost ashamed that he told us, imagine, this little old man is Jake's great great great great (great?) nephew!and now he's Jake's grandfather.

"So, I don't have a family? I was just an orphan? I don't move through my bloodline do I." I said flatly

"I'm sorry, your family is not in any magical records. It is believed that Cinthia was a child built from the soil and carved by the winds but thats just fancy talk for they have no idea." Fu said trying to make me feel better, I think.

"They do however have a statue of Cinthia and Grace at Draco Island. It's been there since Grace died, they believed that she would protect and save the dragon children, like she did for you."

Jake emerged from the back with red rimmed eyes, he was crying. We all recognized it but no one said anything, he walked over and sat beside me and I placed a consoling hand on his shoulder. He gave me a small smile and put his head in his head.

"I talked to Susan, Jake." Lao Shi didn't dare say mother, "She said she would prepeare the guest room and Cienna is welcome to stay as long as she needs to." he gave me a warm smile, trying to comfort me.

"Then we should get going." Jake said hoarsley to no one in particular. We stood up and I thanked Lao Shi and we left. We didn't talk on the way there, Jake wanted to walk so he lent me his Ipod. We walked up the stoop and were greeted by a nice looking woman and a quirky looking man with a little pigtailed girl. The woman walked up and shook my hand

"Hi Cienna, I'm Susan. That's Jonathan and there's Haley." She seemed very nice, I wish I could remember my mom. Tears sprung up into my eyes and I quickly covered it by stating that I was tired and rubbed my eyes.

"Well, we can eat dinner and I can show you to our guest room, it's all set up."

"Thanks" I said politely to her, I turned to see Jake sit at the table. He hasn't spoken since we left the shop. Dinner was delicious! Susan was a cateror and planned weddings, Jonathan worked for a company and Haley was in grade 2. Jake didn't speak all night except to say goodnight before going to bed.

***
I woke up in a night sweat, I remembered everything about that first life. Jacob, Grace and The Dark Dragon. I felt something warm and metallic in my hand, I looked to see a gold chain. On it was a little gold picture of a woman and child. Where did I get this?

"Put it on honey!" A memory, this was mine before. My mother gave it to me, she was smiling and hugging me. It was my birthday, I was turning 5, my brother was playing with the wooden puzzle I got from my dad. I held up my hair as she latched the gold chain at the nape of my neck. "You look beautiful! Right honey?" my older brother looked up at me, "You look like a princess Cinthia!" I loved it when my older brother thought I was anything but annoying. My father didn't even look up.

I snapped back from my daydream when I heard a knock on my door, the tiny clock said it was 3:37am.

"Uhh... come in." I said groggily. the door opened quietly, I got a bit nervous as to who was entering my room this late, er, early.

"Don't worry, it's Jake. Sorry to bug you so late, you gotta minute?"

"Ya, sure, come in" Jake came in and closed the door behind him, "Do you want me to turn on the light?" the small window in the room gave me enough light to see the details in the room, now that my eyes adjusted there was no need.

"I'm OK, if you want-"

"I'm alright... What do you remeber from... before?" He sat on the bed.

"Well I've told you before when we were -"

"No, I mean about me, our parents." he interrupted. I nodded slowly

"I remember when we were kids and it was my fifth birthday. I got a necklace and you were playing with my puzzle," I held up the necklace, he took it and inspected the details with glowing red eyes.

"It was in my hand when I woke up."

"I got one too, I found it about a half hour ago. It's a picture of two dragons, I think it's us." he handed me his silver chain and I held it up to the LED light of the alarm clock.

We sat talking about what we remembered of our parents and what we remembered about each other and ourselves. We talked about who we are now, our likes and dislikes and our hopes for the future. It was around seven when Jake got up and asked if I wanted breakfast.

"Sure. Jake? Can you help me put this on?" I asked holding out the chain. I held my hair up as he did the latch, in turn, I took the chain from him and motioned him to turn around and latched the necklace. We inspected our jewlery,

"I Remember what you said when I first got this" I said smiling at the memory.

He smiled "You look like a princess" we laughed and exited my room and went to make ourselves breakfast.
Sign up to rate and review this story