Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > I Loved You Then, I Love You Now

Epilogue

by alligatorpie 8 reviews

It's the Epilogue. Pretty self-explanatory.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Drama,Romance - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way - Published: 2010-04-12 - Updated: 2010-04-12 - 978 words - Complete

0Unrated
Chapter Nine: Epilogue
Gerard's POV

I bolted upright in bed, sweating and gasping for breath. I looked to my left and saw Lyn-Z sleeping soundly. I dropped my head into my hands, and just sat there trying to catch my breath and control the shaking.

I pulled the blankets back, and climbed out of bed. I tip-toed down the hall to check on Bandit. She was also sleeping soundly in the Disney Princess bed she had insisted was all she wanted for Christmas. Lyn-Z and I had bought mountains of gifts for her, but the bed was by far her favorite.

I gently closed her door, and went to the kitchen. I wasn't going to go back to bed, even though it was three hours until my alarm would go off, so I made some coffee.

It had been almost five years since Frank died, and I still had nightmares about his last five minutes; fighting with the paramedics, him telling me he was scared, his very last words to me. Those were what haunted me the most.

"I love you, too..."

My head fell into my hands again as I fought tears.

Lyn-Z was the only person who really understood how I felt. Her partner, Kacie, had been in the Marines, and they'd needed her in Iraq. She was gravely injured in a suicide bombing, and hadn't made it.

I had tried to keep movng, like I'd promised Frankie I would, but it was so hard. I had broken down, unable to complete the simplist task without thinking of him and ending up in a heap on the floor, sobbing.

I had moved back in with Mom, Dad, and Mikey, and Mikey had found a support group for people who had lost their lovers. I had walked in the first meeting with my head down, and slid into a seat silently. The leader of the group had asked everyone to introduce themselves.
"Hi, I'm Lyn-Z. This is my daughter, Bandit. I lost my parter, Kacie, in Iraq."

There had been silence for a moment as everyone just stared at her. Other people had introduced themselves, and when it was my turn, I said, "I'm Gerard, and my boyfriend, Frank was beaten to death."

After the group ended, I approached Lyn-Z, who was crouching next to Bandit, who could barley stand at the time.

"Hi," I'd said.

"Hey, Gerard, right?" She'd said, standing up.

"Yeah," I said. After we talked for a while, I bought lunch for her and Bandit. After a couple months of hanging out together as much as we could, Bandit started callng me 'Daddy', and after that, Lyn-Z btich-slapped anyone (including me) who referred to Bandit as anything but 'our daughter'.
Lyn-Z had invited me to move in with her, and though I did, and we slept in the same bed, we had never been more than friends. Anyone who looked at me and Lyn-Z and Bandit, probably thought we were a biological family. We had never made a secret of our situation, especially to Bandit. We had pictures of Lyn-Z and Kacie, and Me and Frank, but most of them were of Bandit.

Speaking of Bandit....

Her bedroom door opened, and she ran to me and Lyn-Z's room.

"Mommy!" She cried.

I jumped up from the table, and went back to me and Lyn-Z's room. Bandit was on her knees on the bed next to Lyn-Z, who was yawning and rubbing her eyes.

"What?" Lyn-Z yawned.

"Where's Daddy?" Bandit asked.

"He's right behind you, baby." Lyn-Z said. Bandit swung around, crawled across the bed, launched herself off, ran over to me, and hugged me around the knees. I pulled her off my legs, and lifted her up.

"What's wrong?" I asked her.

"I had a bad dream," She whispered, setting her head down on my shoulder.

"Well, why don't we go sit in the kitchen and you can tell me about it, and we can let Mommy get some sleep?" I said. She nodded, and I carried her out to the kitchen. "Coffee or chocolate milk?" I asked, setting her down at the table.

"Coffee." She giggled.

"Maybe next time, Squirt." I said, handing her a cup of chocolate milk with a crazy straw.

She took a big drink, and settled back into her chair.

"So, do you wanna tell me about your dream?" I asked, sitting down across from her.

She shook her head. "No." She said.

"Okay," I said.

"Did you have a bad dream?" She asked.

"How did you know?" I asked. She shrugged. "Yeah, I had a bad dream, honey." I said.

"Do you wanna tell me about it?" She asked sympathetically.

I laughed. "No, Sweetie, that's alright."

I would do what I promised Frank I would do. I would live. For Bandit and Lyn-Z. And maybe when I died, we'd be together again. Maybe. It was all I could hope for.

A/N: This is it, my friends! I hope you enjoyed reading this story as much as I enjoyed writing it. Just so you all know, this is my Frerard baby (aka, my first Frerard story). I love hearing your feedback, so please rate, review, pass it on to your friends! I love you all even if you hated it/hate me for killing your/my beloved Frankie. I have been tossing idea's around for a sequel, but dead-ended pretty freaking quickly. Let me know if you want a sequel, and give me any idea's you got! I'm open to ideas for things that could happen between the last chapter and the epilogue, or things that happened in the year of Frank and Gerard's relationship that I skipped. Let me know what you want, and any ideas you have, even for a whole other story! I'll give it a shot!
So long, and goodnight, my friends!
xxAnna
Sign up to rate and review this story