Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > I Loved You Then, I Love You Now

Chapter Eight: So Long, And Goodnight

by alligatorpie 3 reviews

Ambulance ride to the hospital.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: R - Genres: Drama,Romance - Characters: Gerard Way,Mikey Way - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2010-04-08 - Updated: 2010-04-08 - 725 words - Complete

0Unrated
Chapter Eight
Gerard's POV

"No! Please, you have to let me ride with him!" I begged the paramedic who was over-seeing Frank being loaded into the back of the ambulance.

"I told you, sir, unless you are direct family--" The paramedic said, sounding bored.

"I don't give a fuck about your fucking rules! Just let me fucking ride with him! My car is ten fucking miles away! I need to call his mom!" I always started cussing more when I was pissed, and most of the time it works.

"Yelling won't change the rules," The paramedic said, pulling out his cell phone and responding to a text. I smacked the underside of his hands, and his phone fell.

"Hey!" He yelled. He bent to pick it up, but I grabbed his collar and shoved him up against the side of the ambulance.

"You fucking listen to me, asswipe." I growled in his face. "If you don't let me ride with him, I'm gonna take that phone, and shove it up your--"

"Where's Gerard?" I heard Frank say inside the ambulance.

I dropped the paramedic, who I now realized I was holding off the ground. I jumped inside the ambulance and went to his side.

"I'm here, Frank," I whispered.

"You need to get out, sir," A different paramedic said.

"No!" Frank said. "No, he needs to come, too."

"Sorry, young man."

"If he's not coming, then I'm not going either." Frank said, sitting up, and clawing at the IV in his arm.

"Fine! He can come!" The paramedic sighed, throwing his hands up. He turned away and muttered about how close was too close. I took Frank's hand, and sat next to him.

"What happened?" I whispered.

"Sam.... he...." Frank's eye's filled with tears.

"Shh. It's okay." I whispered, kissing his forehead.

The paramedic rolled his eyes, and the ambulance started moving. I held Frank's hand tightly.

"I'm scared, Gee." He whispered.

"It'll be okay, Frankie," I promised.

"I... I can't feel my fingers or toes, and.... and.... I'm so dizzy...." He moaned.

"Uh.... paramedic!" I called. The one who had finally agreed to let me come, turned toward us.

"What?" He asked.

"Help him!" I demanded.

The paramedic checked Frank's heart rate and all the monitors. Then yelled toward the paramedic riding shotgun, "I need some help back here!"

The other paramedic came over to us, as the first slapped an oxygen mask onto Frank's face. His eyes rolled back in his head, and his hand went limp in mine.

"Shit, we're losing him!" The second paramedic said. The driver sped up, and the paramedic's shoved me out of the way. I sank down onto the floor as I watched them work over Frank's limp body.

"Gerard..." Frank mumbled.

I stood up, and looked down at him. He slowly lifted his hand, and took the oxygen mask off his mouth and nose.

"Frankie, stop." I said, catching his hand. I tried to put the mask back on him, but he grasped my hand tightly.

"Gerard.... it's over." He whispered.

"What? What are you talking about, Frankie?" I said.

"It's ending. I can feel it." He murmured, his eyes slipping shut.

"Don't say that." I said. "Everything's gonna be okay."

"No, it won't." He said firmly. "I'm dying, Gerard."

I gaped at him.

"Don't give up." I whispered, tears sliding down my face.

"I'm not scared anymore." He said. He opened his eyes again, and looked into mine. "Promise me something, Gee." He said.

"Anything." I whispered.

"Don't give up. Don't break down. Keep moving on." He said. "Promise me."

"I.... I promise." I sobbed.

"And.... do one last.... thing for me." He struggled to speak clearly.

"Anything." I said again.

"Kiss me." He said.

I grabbed his other hand, and held it to my chest.

"I love you." I whispered, lowering myself over him.

"I love you, too." He murmured as my lips closed over his.

One of the paramedics gagged as Frank's and my lips moved gently together.


A/N: I just didn't have the heart to leave y'all with the cliff hanger at the end of the last chapter all weekend, so here we are. After this, it's just an epilogue. Don't be too harsh on me! Rate & Review, por favor!
xxAnna
The beeps on his heart monitor slowed, then finally.... stopped.
Sign up to rate and review this story