Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > I Loved You Then, I Love You Now

Chapter Seven

by alligatorpie 2 reviews

VIOLENCE

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: R - Genres: Angst,Drama,Romance - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2010-04-08 - Updated: 2010-04-08 - 1108 words - Complete

0Unrated
Chapter Seven
Gerard's POV
One year later

It was about four in the afternoon, and I was splayed across the couch in my new apartment. I was contemplating getting up to grab a comic book, but didn't feel like moving.

My phone, which was laying on the kitchen table, rang. I groaned, and considered just letting it ring. But, it might be Frankie....

I stood, and sprinted to the kitchen, and scooped it up. I didn't have time to look at the caller ID before it stopped ringing, so I just flipped it open.

"Hello?" I said.

"G-Gerard? It's Linda, Frank's mom."

"What's going on?" I asked.

"Frank should have been home from school more than half an hour ago, and I haven't heard from him, and he won't answer is phone. Is he with you? Have you heard from him?" Linda sobbed.

"I talked to him this morning; we were gonna hang out tonight." I said, my insides aching with worry for my boyfriend. My best friend.

"Look, Gerard, I'm sorry to ask this of you, but would you mind going out and looking for him? You know where he might be better than anyone." Linda said.

"Of course." I said.

"Thank you," She said. Her end of the line went dead.

I dialed Frank's number, tracking down my shoes as it rang. I prayed he would answer.

"Hey, you've reached Frank Iero. I can't come to the phone right now, most likely because I'm making out with my boyfriend, cause I'M OPENLY GAY, BITCHES!" Frank's message played. I could hear my own laughter in the background. "So, please leave your name and number, and I'll call you back when I can."

I hung up, and tried again.

"Hey, you've reached Frank--"

I hung up, and tried one last time.

"Hey, you've reached--"

I growled in frustration as I ran out of my apartment. I took the stairs, and jumped in my car. I drove around to all the places Frank liked to hang out, but didn't see him anywhere. While driving around, I called Mikey, Ray, and Bob, but none of them had seen him.

"Fuck!" I screamed in frustration, slamming my hand down on the steering wheel. I couldn't stop looking until I found him, but I was out of places to look.

I stopped the car and thought. Eventually, I got out of the car, and walked around, looking everywhere I had looked before, but closer.

Frank's POV

I decided to leave the school at lunch. I was bored of the cafeteria. Bob and Ray had ditched, and Mikey was off-campus for lunch with Alicia.

I strolled along the sidewalk, eyes out for anywhere I might want to eat. I heard loud music coming from a convertible speeding down the street. I glanced over my shoulder, and I felt my stomach lurch. It wasn't like how I used to feel when I saw Sam Eyer. Right now, I was just scared, especially since I had ignored a phone call from him a couple days ago.

"Hey, Iero!" Sam called from the front seat of the car. I ignored him and kept walking. "Why didn't you call me back?" He called, trying to sound upset, but he burst out laughing with his friends. I just kept walking.

"Hey, faggot!" Sam yelled, no longer joking. He stopped the car next to me, and he and his friends all jumped out of the car. They surrounded me, forcing me to stop walking.

"Answer me when I'm talking to you, faerie-boy." Sam sneered in my face.

I just glared at him.

"I said answer me!" He yelled, shoving me back. I lost my balance and fell backwards.

Two of his friends grabbed me, and they dragged me into an alley, throwing me against the dumpster. I felt dizzy as I slid to the ground. The kind of beating that I had endured regularly before Sam left the school ensued. Sam was kicking me in the chest, the stomach, the legs, whatever part of me was closest to where his foot happened to be. He got the back of my head several times, and I could tell that he was taking this beating farther than he ever did in school, and this time, there were no teachers coming to see what all the noise was about.

I found myself not screaming in pain, or thinking about how much I hated Sam, but thinking about Gerard, and how much I loved him. I blacked out after only a couple minutes, though it felt like hours.

Gerard's POV

It was growing dark and I still hadn't found Frank. I approached the school. I reached it, and headed in a different direction. I passed an alley, then stopped. I turned, and walked back to it. I had seen this alley many times, and something seemed different.

I stared down the alley for a minute, before I realized what was different; blood was smeared on the ground, in small puddles in some places. My breath hitched in my throat, and I moved shakily down the alley.

"Frank?" I whispered.

I peered into the darkness. I reached the end of the alley, but didn't see anything. I sighed, and turned, and only then did I see him, slumped against the dumpster on the opposite side from where I had approached. I felt my heart stop. I ran to him, and slid the last few feet on my knees.

"Frankie!" I said frantically, feeling his neck for a pulse. I felt my heart melt with relief when I found one. I made sure he was breathing, then pulled out my phone and called 911. After they knew where to come to pick him up, I dropped my phone next to me, and looked over Frankie to make sure he was okay.

I heard sirens, and felt relieved again. I looked away from Frank, toward the front of the alley. The ambulance wasn't in sight yet.

"Gee...?" Frank groaned, and my head snapped around to look at him. His eyes were half open, but unfocused.

"Frankie! I'm here, baby, it's me." I said. I gently set my hand against his cheek.

"Gee." He mumbled, eyes closing.

"Stay with me, Frankie. The ambulance is almost here. I love you." I said. His eyelids fluttered weakly.

"Frank." I said. "Frankie?" I whispered.

His eyes closed, and didn't open again.

"Frankie?" I whispered desperately.

His head lolled forward, and my stomach clenched.

"Frankie!" I checked for a pulse again, and thankfully found one, but it was much weaker than before. "Oh, fuck," I whimpered.

A/N: Review, my lovely's!
xxAnna
Sign up to rate and review this story